on 27 March 2014
When I upgraded to Windows 8.1 from Windows 7 the USB dial up modem I had previously used ceased to work. It seems very hard to find any dial up modems on the net that claim to work with Windows 8.
I risked getting this one because the Windows 8 compatibly centre listed it as compatible.
It may be helpful for somebody to know that for me, on the above machine with Windows 8.1 64 bit, it does, indeed, work.
The Windows compatibility centre suggested a download from the TRENDnet site, but that was exactly the same drivers that came with the disk in the modem box.
In the absence of a Windows 8 driver I loaded the Windows 7 64 bit driver.
on 18 March 2012
I bought this because I upgraded my laptop and my new one didn't have a built in modem.
I have to have a modem as I fax my prescriptions to my doctors. This was so simple to
install, in fact, in Windows 7 it didn't even need the disc that comes with it.
Coupled with windows own fax software or any freeware fax software, it's perfect.
Also should my broadband go down, I found a pay as you go dial-up ISP and it works
perfectly as a standard 56k modem. It really is just plug and play. Brilliant.
on 2 July 2012
Wanted this as although we have Cable, (Virgin Media), we needed to fax. Quite often lately our internet goes out for "service repairs", and we'd been left without connection to the internet. This device proved useful as a great back-up.
We did a test for ordinary dial up,(we used a free ISP) and the modem worked fine for the internet. Also as a fax, (we sent one so far), it seemed successful.
But we've yet to receive one so can't give an accurate account about it's full efficiency at the moment.
Used it on XP Pro.
on 9 December 2013
Plugged it in and it appeared immediately as
/dev/ttyACM0
and then ran minicom and set it up for that device (and also to 460800 baud rate), and dialled my own phone with
ATDT<mynumber>;
and it rang!
on 15 July 2015
Purchased for the odd occasion when some organisation requires a fax.

Windows 8.1 installs the device as soon as plugged in. So far I haven't used it, other than to test dial my mobile. The usual screechy fax modem sounds are heard on answering. I used Windows Fax and Scan software.

I haven't installed the utility software so can't really comment on that either.
on 25 April 2014
After fed up with yet another multi all in one printer going kaput, I thought it was time to go back to basics and buy every thing separately. My Win 8 pc bought last year lacks a modem and of course you need one if you choose to fax via the computer. I originally praised this product in my earlier review as it appeared to work very well, that was until a very important fax I sent transmitted as two black lines. I only became aware as the fax recipient called to say there was a problem.

After checking and rechecking that everything was set up correctly the same again kept happening. Fax recipients kept calling saying faxes were unreadable. Fed up, I admitted defeat and bought a 3 in one printer with fax facility. You can say I was well and truly 'faxed off'.
on 29 January 2013
I'm very pleased with it. Very easy to use and fast too, also came quickly. Allows me to still use dial-up on a computer without a modem.
on 14 September 2013
Like it very much. It is exactly what I was looking for. Thank you very much for this good product.
on 21 July 2014
the product was exactly the one expected and it was received on time. thank you
on 7 August 2014
easy to set up, worked first time !