4.5 out of 5 stars2,552

on 8 December 2011
This device is absolutely brilliant. I would get Indian call centres ringing me from everything from selling me credit cards to insurance claims and at most was getting 30 calls a day thanks to AOL, everytime I complained about something I seemed to get another Indian call centre harrassing me, in total I received calls from 11 different companies.

I tried to get these calls barred but did not have any success. I had for the last few months actually switched my ringer off so I wouldn't have to hear the my phone ringing all the time.

This call blocker has worked immediately, When I saw the number I just pressed the call block, usually when I hang up on these people they just ring back constantly until I answer and hear all of their sales pitch and I waited for them to ring back and 3 days later still no call from them. I only wished I had given them a piece of my mind before I blocked them permanantly.

I see from some reviews that people have said that this blocker does not work on their phones, I have a cordless Panasonic dect phone and my caller ID is displayed on my phone and not my base unit, and would like to explain a bit about this device.

This call blocker has 2 line socckets, LINE 1 and LINE 2 and on the other side of the device is 2 telephone sockets, TEL 1 and TEL 2. First you put the appropriate cables in the LINE 1 and TEL 1. If this does not work, like it did not for me, you put the appropriate cables in the LINE 2 and TEL 2 sockets and this should work as it did for me. It is important that you do not mix the sockets, i.e LINE 1 with TEL 2. I have not had any problems with my caller id not working or anything else that has been mentioned in the negative reviews.

Do not give your money to your call providers to block nuisance calls as it is them who sell your information to these companies for money so their not going to stop their revenue and on top of that they make money from their customers whilst not actually doing anything about the problem.
7979 comments|410 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
Hi there..Before I go into my review about the Call Blocker. I feel compelled to say something about what I have noticed about the company, just in case no one else has.. They have taken the time to answer ALL reviews (good or bad) and answer any queries one might have about the product.This tells ME that they are a company that stand by their product,care about the product and look after their customers and they should be proud of themselves...Well done guys.!!
I didn't buy this from Amazon (sorry guys) as I got it direct from CPR themselves,and I got it the next day would you believe..Fantastic delivery.!!..I opened the box and installed it within 2 minutes having had to connect using the Telephone Two socket as socket One did not work (I use Panasonic dect)..I also have a Modem filter inline which had no adverse affect at all.....The instruction manual with it, is a doddle to read, which many seem to think they can just ignore (dohhh)..without it you would not know how to block certain numbers and use all the features and codes this little gem has...and it had a few I did not realize, such as blocking individual numbers.. It comes with pre loaded nuisance caller numbers..but there are so many out there that it must be nay on impossible to include them all...hence the codes to block your own.. such as 'over seas'...'caller withheld number'...and 'area codes' to name a few...OH... and one called Spoof numbers..I had never heard of these until 4 weeks ago and I had 2 in one week.. Most of the numbers (the ones I've mentioned) come turned OFF... just turn on the ones you need.. then sit back and wait..As to individual nuisance callers ( double glazing, patios,surveys, etc etc) couldn't be simpler... just lift the handset (if your not sure who's calling, and as soon as you realize who it is..just press the button on top and they are gone for good.. I kid you not when I tell you that I was having between 2 and 4 calls a day...I've had none since...peace at last.:):)....
At this point I'd like to add...... Most of us who surf the net and buy products online are often asked to fill in forms which include our telephone number...I've always given many a false one ...However.. this is not always a good idea as the product your buying may require a true phone number for servicing or verifying your address for delivery, especially on more expensive items.. What I'm trying to say is this.. filling these forms in leave you wide open for cold callers and the such like which is why there has been an increase in nuisance calls... get this device and you won't be bothered anymore...It DOES work and does it simply and beautifully.. Take no notice of the negative reviews,it's mainly because they have set it up wrong or the technology is just to complicated for them...but take it from me.. it's dead easy to use and set up ..There's no need to buy more expensive ones, which by the way are far more complicated and offer no more...Buy the CPR call blocker now if you want a peaceful night and day from those nuisance calls.
99 comments|284 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 29 September 2011
I bought this call blocker after a spate of really annoying calls, sometimes four an hour. Usually during the day but at times also at more frustrating times...
What can I say; it's small, it's not pretty, it needs "caller ID" to work properly and out of the box it looked like the price was a bit steep? was it worth it...
Oh yes in deed! worth it? it's bloody excellent! Almost a week later I've not spoken to any over-friendly Indian chaps who are convinced they know me personally, no-one has offered to protect my computer against hackers/viruses or idiots simply by remotely accessing my computer? where have they all gone?
Have I caused call centres in India to close? are people out of work due to my actions? Am I worried? Nah...not really.
If any of you con-men read this review then think yourself lucky that I bought one of these gadgets and it worked. Things could of got nasty!
PS. Dear CPR, if you're in the mood to plan ahead I could do with:
1. A CPR crappy email blocker
2. A CPR doorstep salesman blocker
3. A CPR religious caller abuse box
and lastly a CPR waste bin box that tazers bin men if they simply throw our empty bins back up the drive at 6am... keep in touch.

Now 2013, still working well but some calls are just starting to sneak past. I delight in having some fun with the callers before pressing the button nowadays. I recommend pretending to be a detective, ask lots of questions about how the caller knows the house holder etc.
55 comments|257 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 30 March 2011
Peace at last. After scanning all call blocker devices, I decided on the CPR Callblocker as the best value for money. What a brilliant choice I made. ( It does exactly what it says it will do ) I was receiving on average an international call each day and on bad days up to three calls a day. So far, I have only needed to "zap" one call in the first two weeks, but I know from the caller display that I have had eight calls that have been blocked,so clearly the preprogrammed numbers are doing their job. One very happy customer.
33 comments|197 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 16 November 2010
I bought the CPR Call Blocker last week and was amazed by how small it was (looked a lot larger on there websites pictures)

I purchased it off their website for a reasonable £47 and so far it is working well :)

I have had the satisfaction of blocking 2 callers with the 'Block Now' button whilst they were trying to sell me rubbish when I was working in my office. I have also connected my fax machine up to the spare port, which will hopefully cut out the amount off spam faxes I have been getting.

I have until now been paying BT for their withheld number blocking service and thanks to the cpr call blockers withheld number blocking function I can stop paying for it.

I was looking at purchasing the Trucall before I came across this and to be honest it does have a lot of more functions that the cpr call blocker, but for what I required (A blocker that stops the annoying sales calls and junk faxes I get in my office) its doing the job well.

All in all I am happy so far with the CPR Call blocker at £47 it is considerably cheaper than the Trucall and comes with a built in offending company's number list which I don't believe the trucall or other call blockers have.

Pros:

Very Small
Easy to install
Extra port for a fax machine
Blocks withheld callers
Has a built in Offending companies number list
Can block callers on the line with the 'block now' button
Uses no mains power

Cons:

Needs Caller Id installed on your line for it to work properly

I will post again with a final verdict once I have spent more time with it, but so far it's doing its job!
1212 comments|158 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 2 September 2011
Despite our telephone number being listed with every known system which supposedly stops Telesales Calls we still got over 20 calls per week. Most of these would start around 5.00pm on Friday evening and we have even had as many as 5 before 6.00pm! Our Call Log consistently showed more Telesales and Market Research Calls than calls from Friends and Family.

There are several systems to block unwanted telephone calls. Many cost well over £100 and even then require you to do a lot of work setting them up and identifying the calls you want to block. I was not impressed with any until I found the CPR Call Blocker.

Not only was this more reasonably priced than other systems but it already has over 200 known Nuisance Callers programmed into it. It goes between the BT Socket and your Phone. The instructions are so clear and simple that I think anybody could connect it in a couple of minutes. AND it works straight out of the Box!

We have now had our CPR Call Blocker for 6 weeks and have only had 3 Nuisance Calls. These were a "Private" which our telephone reports instead of the more usual and pre-installed "Withheld", along with 7777, and 7777777777 - Telemarketing calls from India. All these were easily handled by pressing the Button on the Call Blocker. It has capacity for further 100 of these numbers, which appears to be more than adequate.

It is now over two weeks since the last nuisance call - HEAVEN and already three friends have joined us there!!!!!
on 3 October 2012
At last no more annoying calls during meals, late at night, while you are enjoying the TV. We were having anything up to 7 'Out of Area' call centre calls in a day. This, on top of other cold calls selling PPI, double glazing, new kitchens, solar panels etc, despite being registered with TPS. So easy to stop all this and any other calls which you don't want - yes, we all have annoying friends and family. This call blocker is the answer and easy for someone like myself who is not very technically minded. (I am a silver surfer!!!!)
on 22 October 2015
Great product and well worth the value in first day of use, I was plagued with up to 4+ nuisance marketing & fraudulent calls a day including weekends and at night's....i.e ( PPI, Accident claims, People's opinion survey, computer error reports, caller hangs up, list goes on and ON ), after registering with 3 different on line companies to try stop these nuisance calls ( harassment and breach of my human and personal rights by calling my home phone ), with no results and even after asking to have my number removed from their calling list...LOL, they call back with the same number just add another digit or a different number, we all know how frustrating it is and being disabled I go through physical pain to get up and down to answer the phone...I decided to buy this CPR 1200 and try it, it arrived and took a minute to install simple and easy, it works instantly, it took me over an hour to enter in all 228 nuisance call numbers I had saved on my home phone spam list into the CPR blocker unit which is a simple process just had a lot of numbers to enter, have had this for couple of weeks now and have had total of 3 calls come through which were numbers I had previously entered but they now called with extra 0 in front of number and with a press of a button no more, a GREAT product and well worth the money and for the peace, a SAD situation that we have to spend extra money and go to these extremes to have control back of our personal phones.....10 stars for this product, worth the value in the first day I plugged it in.....
44 comments|29 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 17 March 2013
Item arrived before the promised date. Great service. Simple to connect in seconds and immediately activated itself. Since connecting the box between the handset and the phone socket we have had no more unwanted calls. Excellent product and service. Would recommend this to anyone wanting to block nuisance calls.