5.0 out of 5 stars Fabulous product, best I've used in 30+ years.
I have waist length hair and have been using home colourants since I was 13 years old. Now in my mid-forties I can honestly say that I was left amazed after I applied this product for the first time last week.

Published 22 months ago by L. Cross

1.0 out of 5 stars Beware - very drying!
On the plus side, this product is incredibly easy to use.

On the minus side, it really dries your hair out. My hair felt like straw after using this product (previously it was very soft and shiny). Shortly after, I started developing split ends (I did not have any noticeable split ends before).

If you have very robust resiliant hair that doesn't get...
Published on 6 Jan 2012 by CJ Savernake

5.0 out of 5 stars Fabulous product, best I've used in 30+ years., 26 Oct 2012
This review is from: John Frieda Precision Foam Colour 4BG Dark Chocolate Brown Permanent Colour (Personal Care)

Firstly, although I purchased two boxes of product in advance, as I invariably need two boxes to provide sufficient coverage of my long tresses - I was amazed that a single box more than covered all of my hair. More than. Excellent value.

Application was really easy, the foam quickly and efficiently mixes into the layers of hair. I was left feeling confident that everywhere was well covered and that I wasn't putting myself at risk of patchiness.

Rinsing off was the best part. I have never known a colourant rinse out after home dying so quickly and easily. I do mine in the shower and within a few minutes the water was running clear and I was ready to apply the conditioner. Normally, no matter how long I rinse for, or even if I use a dose of shampoo to help the excess colour out, I never seem to be able to get my hair really free of the products I've used in the past. It normally take a shower or two more to finally stop getting a slight tinge to the water after colouring my hair. This product wasn't like that. It just rinsed out fast! And the texture of my hair after rinsing the product out was a shock. A pleasant one. My hair was so soft. Normally after rinsing colour out my hair feels like dry matted straw until I've used the accompanying conditioner. Not with this product. I really was amazed. I used the conditioner and was really, REALLY pleased with how my hair was left. Soft, shiny and with even, natural colour. Amazing product. 100% recommend.

1.0 out of 5 stars Beware - very drying!, 6 Jan 2012
CJ Savernake (UK) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (TOP 500 REVIEWER)
On the plus side, this product is incredibly easy to use.

If you have very robust resiliant hair that doesn't get damaged easily, *maybe* you might want to try this for the ease of use. But my hair is pretty normal, so if it damages my hair, chances are it will do the same to the average head of hair. for me, the trade off wasn't worth it - there are other products aren't that much more difficult to use, and I've never had one leave my hair in such poor condition.

1.0 out of 5 stars Hair fell out in clumps!!, 17 Dec 2012
This was the first hair dye I've used myself at home and was terrified by the amount of hair that fell out in clumps. Whilst the colour was beautiful I would never risk using this product again!!

5.0 out of 5 stars great for money, 12 July 2014
great colour, great product, there's always loads left over I could do my hair twice!

3.0 out of 5 stars Nice colour, doesn't last long!, 2 Jun 2014
I really like the colour of this but I don't think the colour lasts very long. My hair is in good condition so not overly coloured!
Packaging wasn't great upon arrival, luckily items weren't damaged.
I would use again but I want to try another brand before going back to this, mainly to see whether the colour lasts longer!

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent!, 10 May 2014
This is a great product, easy to use with a superb conditioner. I get so many good comments on the colour, even from hairdressers in salons surely that shows it’s a good thing! I do agree that your hair can feel unloved before using the conditioner but once on it sorts it all out. I have been using this product for ages now, since it came out with great results every time; I use the 4BG Dark Chocolate Brown, a yummy multi tone colour. I also find that there are usually offers on it in supermarkets or of course Amazon which is great to. Happy dying!

5.0 out of 5 stars Lovely, 26 Feb 2014
Lovely colour good price on a S&S worth buying colour was great and very easy to use on hair thanks

1.0 out of 5 stars Orange glow, 20 Feb 2014
My first time dying hair and thought it looked fairly ok whilst dying in my North facing bedroom, however; on returning to the bathroom with full sun beaming through, my hair looked awful. A very orangey colour like you see when people dye their hair black and the light/sun catches it. It looks so fake I'm almost in tears. Also others have mentioned it's darker than they expected but I think it's lighter! I've never seen dark chocolate look so orange. It's awful so avoid.

5.0 out of 5 stars Wonderful product!, 3 Feb 2014
It's easy to use, you don't need to be professional to obtain a perfect result and covers all the grays. Also, very good price.

3.0 out of 5 stars Not too shabby, 1 Aug 2013
Very easy to use but the colour is a bit red-ish. Smells lovely on application and shiny afterwards too. Hair not in the best quality a few weeks after though.