Format: MP3 Download|Change
Price:£7.99

on 18 January 2011
As always with any CD issued from Katherine Jenkins this one is superb, not only for her obviously delightful voice but also for the orchestration and production. Although I had previously bought 'Believe' I thought the purchase of the Platinum Edition might be worth while just for the additional tracks, I was not wrong. For any of Katherine's fans this is a must but for any lover of beautiful music this album would make a great addition to their collection even if they are not naturally operatic fans.
on 24 July 2011
My normal musical tastes are Radiohead, Pink Floyd, Metallica etc but I heard this cd playing and was struck by the voice - I didn't know who it was. I bought it and can honestly say it is superb, there aren't many voices that make the hairs on the back of my neck stand up but Katherine's does. Gravity is brilliant, Bring Me To Life works when perhaps it really shouldn't! I don't know a lot of the classical pieces but it's opened my eyes to a whole genre I have been ignoring. Buy this,it belongs in everyone's collection and how didnt I know that this country (ok Wales!) has a true global superstar.

I've watched a bit of the O2 show on line and this is propably the first time it's been said, but that stands alongside any show by Floyd or Rammstein for sheer musical brillinace and theatricality.
Katherine you rock!!!

Serioulsy though, I'll be getting her back catalogue - a true talent.
on 11 December 2010
Truely awesome collection of 18 wonderful songs and a sixty minute documentary/music dvd , you can't go wrong with this Katherine always goes the extra mile, the track listing is well put together too it just flows , the voice of course sublime , well worth the money for just angel and gravity alone , most memorable cd i have purchased so far in 2010 .
on 19 January 2011
Katherine Jenkins in my opinion is one of Wales greatest singers. The album is one of her best albums. It has very, very moving songs sung so beautifully by the Welsh beauty (in looks and voice).
I thoroughly recommend this album - the DVD is a lovely bonus.
on 18 May 2011
I originally reviewed Believe when it first came out and I think I only gave it two stars, for the platinum version I have upped it to 4 stars. While I stand by most of what I said e.g. about some of the covers sounding better in the original, however some of the songs I didn't like periously have grown on me such as Ancora Non Sai which I now quite like. This version also has more songs than the last one and these are better choices for Katherine's voice. Gravity is an amazing cover, I love it. Also I love Adagio which was not on the original version. Tell me I'm not dreaming is ok, not brilliant but quite nice to listen too. While I think this album is far from her best the Platimum edition is well worth having. The DVD is also really good, detaling a year of believe. Overall is good, but still not amazing.
on 10 February 2011
Kathrine Jenkins is a wonderful singer and very special and as she is my husband's favourite we have every cd she has made. She is brilliant on stage and an unforgettable artist. We look forward to her next cd; hopefully it won't be too long before it's available.
on 12 February 2016
Katherine Jenkins (born 29 June 1980) is a Welsh mezzo-soprano. She is a classical-popular crossover singer, who performs across a spectrum of operatic arias, popular songs, musical theatre and hymns. So far, she has released 8 albums, starting with Premiere in 2004 to the most recent Daydream in 2011.

Believe (2009) is her first release since she changed labels, from Decca to Warner. There are 12 songs, all very well recorded and remastered, bringing out to focus Katherine’s pure and angelic voice. All the songs were well chosen. A cover of Evanescence's Bring Me To Life actually charted in the UK Top 75 Singles Chart. This album featured Andrea Bocelli (I Believe) and other musicians like André Rieu (Ancora Non Sai), Cody Carey (No Woman, No Cry) and Chris Botti (La Califfa). My own favourites are Sarah McLachlan’s Angel and Parla Piu Piano – Love Theme From The Godfather.

All the above songs were performed live in her recent blu ray release: Live at the O2 Arena: Believe tour. She was simply amazing and an all-round performer. She could sing, dance and act. Plus, she was gorgeous looking too. It was this concert that brought me to focus this singer from Wales. My review of that concert is found elsewhere.

Like other extremely popular discs, like from Lady Gaga and Rihanna, this Platinum Edition has 7 more songs than the original version (Tell Me I’m Not Dreaming, Love Never Dies, In the Bleak Midwinter, Endless Love (with Amaury Vassili) from her concert, Adagio, O Holy Night (with Michael Bolton) and A Year Of Believe). The second disc is a DVD with interviews.

Although the price is much higher, you can always buy this more complete version from sellers at a much cheaper price. I have lots of experience with various sellers and I am always satisfied with the cheaper price and no tax (you have to pay for shipping $3.49), and good service. Try it once, and you will never turn back.

FINAL THOUGHT:

Her talent and beauty really reminded me of a young Sarah Brightman. She has a bright future ahead of her…and I firmly BELIEVE it! This Platinum Edition is highly recommended.
on 15 January 2011
I have enjoyed this recording, I think it is one of her best, seems as though she is singing from her heart. I bought it for my friend as well ,she was over the moon with it. FANTASTIC Keep making the recordings Katherine.
on 22 December 2010
katherine jenkins is world class i beleive she is the best singer at what she does.this album comes with dvd too which is fully enjoyable.great songs great woman a must buy beleive is.what you waiting for buy it
on 24 December 2010
Item received promptly despite the weather.
Excellent cd a must for all KJ fans, especially with the additional disc.