on 8 June 2009
This is definetly worth buying. I bought this as I had forgotten lots of the words to the old favorites and they are all in there. I can now read these or sing these to my daughter.
on 14 September 2009
wouldn't particularly buy this for a child as there are no colour pictures but good for refreshing the adult memory - all those songs you used to sing as a child but have now forgotten and need to learn again for your own children
on 11 December 2009
Terrific little book. All the old favourites are there and a few you had long forgotten ! The illustrations on each page are also worth five stars !
This is a great 'dip into' book for all ages. You'll love it ! Hide it from the kids !!
I was really impressed with this little book when it speedily arrived, it contains all the nursery rhymes you loved when you were a child but have forgotten about. Perfect for reading to my baby son, the black & white pages also contain some beautiful pictures which (to me anyway) makes a refreshing change from all these baby/young children's toys and books which are plastered with neon colours all the time. It's also a handy size, so will fit into your handbag or baby bag when visiting Granny's or going out. I am now looking to buy the other books in this series, well worth every penny.
on 23 April 2010
I purchased this book for my 2 children.......and partly for myself so that I could re-live my childhood. It pretty much has them all in it. The only thing about the book is that it is not well illustrated, which to me adds to the charm, but for little ones, it may not be so good. They may not be interested in reading the books for themselves as it is just a black and white print type of book.
However, all the classics are in here so surely that has to be a good thing?
on 4 June 2009
A book full of all the Nursery Rhymes that every child should have the pleasure of hearing and learning. An excellent read for all ages
on 4 January 2010
My daughter asked for an old fashioned nursery rhyme book for her son and this one fit the bill, it is beautifully set out and the ones we both remember ,also others that are new to us so we will all have much enjoyment from this book.
well worth having
on 18 November 2011
This is a lovely collection of familiar, and maybe not quite so familiar nursery rhymes, as you would expect from the cover. Most of the rhymes are accompanied by lveoy little line drawings.

The reason that I bought this book was to inspire me in a little writing project which I have been pushed into by my first ever Goodreads friend, Tara. She is seriously on my case, so I had better get on with it!

However, I thoroughly enjoyed reading through the poems, and it put me in a most nostalgic mood. I had some lovely memories of my dear, departed Mum. I also had a few memories of the hilarity that my friends and I had as teenagers as we invented our own raunchy words for these innocent verses.
on 23 September 2010
I bought this book recently as I have a 3-month old son and was getting frustrated at only being able to remember snippets of the nursery rhymes I had learnt as a child. This book reminded me of so many rhymes, and I was surprised at how many I could still remember just by being reminded of the title!
There are still a few nursery rhymes that are only half-remembered but do not appear in this little book, but I suppose that in this day and age, those few I can look up online.
Definitely a worthwhile buy for new parents! Or new grandparents, as the case may be. This is a book for adults needing prompting rather than being a picture book for kids (there aren't really many pictures).
on 12 March 2011
The Nursery Rhyme Book: Remember the Rhymes of Yesterday (Nursery Rhymes) One of the best little books I have bought recently. I can now join in with my grandchildren when they are singing to me. You see I had forgotten some of the words. Only problem I have now is keeping it away from little hands who have already offered to colour in the pictures.