5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent quality - looks, 28 Feb 2014
This review is from: Golana Aqua Pro Swiss Made Mens Divers Chronograph with Internal Rotating Bezel AQ300-2 (Watch)
This a heavy watch and feels expensive. I like the fact that the brand is not well known but it is an obviously quality swiss watch. I was delighted with the price paid (sub £70) especially as this exact model was being sold on ebay and direct from Golana for in excess of £360.00. The watch bracelet is also very attractive with a dull finish which just adds to the overall quality. I would recommend this watch if you fancy something a littlle different from more well known brands. Enjoy.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent watch, 30 Dec 2013
I had looked at this watch previously while the price was much higher, so when I say it at a whisker over £80 I went for it. A very solid and substantial feeling watch. It all seems very well made, and the internal bi-directional rotating bezel is really nice. One thing that might not be to everyone's liking is that the bracelet links which attach to the main anchor pieces have limited rotation scope, so on a smaller wrist like mine, the watch sits quite wide on the wrist. Personally I noticed it but it doesn't bother me, and I doubt anyone would look and notice that above the look of the watch itself. Another reviewer mentioned the movement origins.

One thing is certain that the Golana site states this watch uses a Ronda 5040D. It does not. I have several watches with the 5040D and his isn't one. It operates like a 5030 if its a Ronda. Not sure, but I'm not too worried about that.

5.0 out of 5 stars My second Golana, 28 Dec 2013
I love this watch but it's not perfect. The watch feels very robust and the screw down crown and rotating bezel add an element of a quality feel to the item. The strap links are solid stainless steel and even the connecting link to the watch case is solid steel (sometimes these are a steel cover/frame that give the impression that it is solid). The clasp has a cheaper feel and more could be done there. The product booklet states that the movement is ETA quartz but the Golana website states that a Ronda movement is used. I have not opened the back as yet but both are Swiss movements. The stopwatch hand lines up nicely but I have noticed a very slight movement of the stopwatch seconds hand, you have to look real close to see it and I have other cheaper Swiss / Japanese Chronos that exhibit the same characteristic. Overall I'm delighted with the look and feel of this watch and would recommend it to others.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Product - Great Quality - Looks Great, 4 Mar 2014
A. Young "Youngster" (England UK) - See all my reviews
Really nice product. Great Price. Very well engineered. I would recommend this to anyone who likes watches as it is a great addition to the collection.

5.0 out of 5 stars Golana Aqua Pro Swiss Made Mens Divers Chronograph, 2 Mar 2014
Another bargain in the sale.Big an heavy, but i love it.Works perfect. can't praise it enough.At £67 ,it is a real bargain...

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect Swiss Made Divers Chrono, 9 July 2014
Perfect Swiss Made Divers Chrono. I love the brushed steel case as well as dark dial and contrast white hands. Ive bought them for funy price so I can say Iam lucky to own them.

4.0 out of 5 stars 'Swiss badge' for less money, 5 April 2014
I'd been searching for a genuine swiss made stainless steel steel watch on the budget for a while. I bought this Golana Aqua before Christmas. It seemed the best of the cheap(ish) bunch. Been going well since. I would have preferred a white face, but the black face has grown on me. It's holding up well in daily manual work use. It's got a few knocks so far. No scratches yet on the glass. I left it overnight in a pint of water (as a dare!) and still works fine. It does run the odd few seconds slow over a few months, and the date has to be usually changed at the start of a new month, but otherwise ok. I can't tell if it is a Ronda 5040.D swiss quartz mechanism, but that's what the website says (http://www.golana.eu/en-zz/products/aqua/watches/aqua-aq-300.2).
With its Ronda mechanism, it means the seconds dial is not the usual larger seconds hand like on a normal watch. It's the bottom dial of the three small dials on the face. So the normal seconds hand stays stationary at the 12 o'clock, and is only used for the chronograph stopwatch. I'm not gone on this to be honest. I'd have preferred traditional seconds mechanism. Also, the seconds hand isn't exactly aligned at the 12 o'clock position. It's got illuminating dials, but thy're not that visible at night.
I got two links taken out, I don't have massive wrists, and I've no trouble with the size of the watch, it fits well on me. And I quickly got used to its weight. It's a good big solid piece of watch, with just the odd niggles to live with. If I'd had paid full whack for this watch (£360), I'd be disappointed. For £118, it's not bad.

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 12 Sep 2014