5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect fluffy stuff for your little pet!
My daughters Hamster loves this stuff! Makes the perfect fluffy warm bed for your pet.
Published 25 days ago by Helen Riches

1.0 out of 5 stars DO NOT USE!!!!!
Published on 13 Jan. 2012 by zoe

1.0 out of 5 stars DO NOT USE!!!!!, 13 Jan. 2012
This review is from: Petlife Safebed Fluff Small Animal Bedding Sachet for Small Pet (Colours Vary) (Misc.)
i got this for my first hamster and at the time i thourght i was great ,looked very warm for my hamster to sleep in. so i got it and i put it in the cage for my hamster and the next morning i woke up to find my hamster very sick!!! i took her to the vets and she had chewed up loads of this "stuff" to tri and make a better bed for herself and there was alot of the fluff stuck down her throat and she had swollowed a great deal of it too and was wrapping arounf her guts inside , and she had to be put to sleep :( , so this stuff is a killer , please do not use this stuff as it will have a very sad end.

1.0 out of 5 stars DON'T USE-DON'T EVEN THINK ABOUT IT!, 21 April 2012
I'm glad I wasn't the only one who had problems with this rotten stuff!
Our gerbil looked 'off' and his cheeks were huge, so I had the job of picking him up (usually very wriggly) but he didn't even kick up.
I checked inside his mouth and hey presto there was purple fluff impacted inside his cheeks, I pulled it all out!
Luckily he's o.k now.
I'm angry with the company STILL selling this product DON'T USE IT, if you love your pets this product will make them unwell.

1.0 out of 5 stars absolutely HORRIBLE, 24 Jun. 2013
NEVER EVER EVER BUY THIS, I BOUGHT IT BECAUSE IT LOOKED AMAZING I PUT THE BEDDING INSIDE BUT WHEN I WOKE UP MY HAMSTER WAS DEAD I TOOK HER TO THE VET IMMEDIATELY BUT IT WAS TO LATE :(. IT TERNS OUT SHE POUCHED IT AND THEN COKED SAD SAD SAD SAD SAD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :( :( :( :(

1.0 out of 5 stars choking hazard :(, 4 April 2012
i bought this item thinking it was going to be pink as my 5 year old chose it for her hamster but it came speedy delivery i may add but for my 5 year old to be dissapointed with the colour ..... it was white! i couldnt be bothered with going through the hassel of posting it back and waiting for the pink stuff so used it to find a few hours later the hamster choking on it... defo woudnt advise for small animals like hamsters.... very upset 5 yr old and a very panicked mummy we've only had the hamster a week not on......if i wanted cotton wool balls i wud of used the ones i already had also the price for how much we recieved is disgusting.....

1.0 out of 5 stars Attractive bedding has dangerous risks., 30 Mar. 2013
Given first impressions, this bedding material for small animals appears to be a great option. It's soft texture and cosy look make you imagine it's really going to go down well with your favourite furry friend. I myself had used it for many years before realising the true danger of products like this.
Bedding like this is made of fibres, sometimes similar to the touch as cotton wool. The two main risks to animal health posed are twisting of the bedding, and ingestion. To my great horror I have seen a pet mouse become entangled in fluffy bedding. The fibres had been stretched slightly by the mouse itself, and this had become wrapped around the mouse's tail. As the fibre becomes twisted it becomes incredibly strong (not even a person can break a twisted strand) and this meant that the mouse could not chew through to free itself. The mouse panicked and the blood supply to the mouse's tail was cut off. the poor thing had to be put down. I have also heard of many other cases of similar things happening, often with hamsters' legs (there is even an awareness group on Facebook).
The other risk is that if an animal does eat any of the bedding it will wrap around their digestive system and cause internal damage.
Although this bedding seems harmless, please consider the safety of your pets and choose bedding that is chewable and digestible if your pet decides to have a munch! Discount toilet roll ripped up is a great alternative.
Recently, due to people becoming aware of this problem, many brands have added the word 'safe' or similar to their packaging. Merely adding this to a packet means nothing.

1.0 out of 5 stars Do not use!, 28 Feb. 2012
I brought this for my hamster a couple of weeks ago, it took AGES to arrive and when it did arrive i binned it. After reading other peoples review its TRUE this fluff can KILL! Also the picture to me is different to what you actully get, it isnt fluffy and you do not get as much!

1.0 out of 5 stars PLEASE DON'T USE THIS STUFF, 11 Jun. 2012
Rodents should NEVER be given fluffy bedding. It gets embedded in their pouches and intestines. It's a killer! Companies are well aware of this but pet owners still buy it because it's 'cute'. Please just get some shredded tissue bedding.

1.0 out of 5 stars Can kill!!!, 1 Jan. 2014
D. Martin "Lol zero" (Uk) - See all my reviews
Never ever, buy this item, as it is thick fluff(wool) , if a hamster or any other pet put ps it in their mouth or pouches and accidentally swollow it doesn't dissolve inside them it gets wrapped around their insides and chocked them to death!!! If you love you pet please do not get any, it does say on the packet safe for all small animals, but trust me it is not!!! It should be illegal to be sold in my opinion!!! Please DO NOT ever buy this product! even if someone recommends it!!!! Stick to paper bedding it can dissolve!!!

1.0 out of 5 stars Deadly... :(, 14 Aug. 2013
This is the worst type of bedding. I had two roborovskis that died of respiratory infections and it was confirmed by the vets that this bedding was the cause, as it gets lodged in their respiratory systems, they develop wheezing and sniffles that sound like a cold, and sometimes don't eat or go toilet properly. Since then, I've also met other people that have had hamsters whose limbs have been caught in the bedding, and have gnawed their own limbs off, or had to have them amputated due to loss of blood flow! I'd never use it again. 'Safe' bedding? Definitely not :( No More Fluffy Bedding!

It's best to use paper or tissue type bedding (Or ripped up toilet roll), as it's perfectly safe. I wouldn't want you to feel like I did if your little one passes away, like it's your fault for not knowing.

1.0 out of 5 stars DANGER DO NOT BUY, 10 Mar. 2013
I bought this product for my hamster and it got tangled around my hamsters leg. It is very dangerous and will not break. The blood supply to my hamsters foot was stopped and it swelled up and bled. Some hamsters will chew off there own foot in this situation or die from infection. Fortunately a hefty vets bill later I had some antibiotics for my hamster and he's OK. It is also a choking hazard.