5.0 out of 5 stars One of those 'must have' kitchen gadgets
Customer Video Review     Length:: 3:37 Mins
This is one of those kitchen gadgets that once you have for a while you wonder how you ever managed without. I use this mat for a number of different things.

I have a lovely wooden chopping board and I don't like putting hot pans straight onto it as this can cause unsightly scorch marks that are impossible to remove. I don't have the...
Published on 13 Nov. 2011 by D. Jones

1.0 out of 5 stars Absolutely useless
All my cooking pans and casseroles are cast-iron Creuset's and I am perfectly satisfied with them.

When I saw these "cool tools" I naturally assumed that they would be a perfect complement for the pans; after all, the pans irradiate a substantial amount of heat.

So, I ordered half-a-dozen of them, in the colours best suited for my pans.

To...
Published 12 months ago by FG

‹ Previous | 17 8 940 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Le Creuset Multimat, 31 Aug. 2011
I bought the Le Creuset Silicone Multimat, in Cerise, in 2008 and it has been put through its paces over the past few years and saved many a surface from damage. In most recent times it is used daily, for my bialetti - straight from the hob top onto the mat and for hot pans in the evening. It and never melted, degenerated or lost its colour. It is also used to lift hot pan lids and to stop my pastry board from sliding across the worktop.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, 15 Mar. 2009
Y. M. Walls "Yvonne" (Buckinghamshire, England) - See all my reviews
This is such a versatile kitchen aid. Saucepan mat, bottle/jar opener and oven mit all in one. Would recommend this for the busy cook.

5.0 out of 5 stars Super simple, super effective, 22 Mar. 2015
This review is from: Le Creuset Silicone Cool Tool, 20.5 cm - Black (Kitchen & Home)
This is a fairly straightforward product, so I'll just point out 3 nuances compared to cork-based mats, which is where I'm coming from.

- This is much thinner.
- This is waterproof and dishwasher safe, and hence much easier to clean.
- This has a hole round the end, and thus can be hung up.

Super simple, super effective.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good but surprisingly small, 20 Nov. 2010
I bought this along with a Le Cresuet casserole pot for my boyfriend for xmas and it looked like a really good mat. The only thing which surprised me when I recieved it was the size, in the photo on amazon it looked much bigger so I was slightly disappointed. Needless to say however it works like a charm as you would expect with any Le Creuset product.

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome, 19 Jan. 2014
Multifunctional, clean design, great addiction to kitchen.
Amoungst it's normal uses, I've used them to pick hot things up or to help other things elsewhere in the house be ad-hocly non-slip.
Bought a second soon after the first and would defo buy more.
Love the colours available & great price as made by reputable kitchenware company.

5.0 out of 5 stars Really pleased with this!, 21 Feb. 2014
Good quality thick silicone that seems to withstand the heat of very hot pans. It is also extremely non slip and once something is put down then it does not move.Very light and easy to throw in a drawer when not in use.

Only downside is that it is smaller than we thought so does not take larger items, roasting tins, large casseroles etc.

5.0 out of 5 stars multi-use and all-round excellent piece of kit, 21 Mar. 2010
Henk Beentje "Henk Beentje" (Kew, England) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (TOP 500 REVIEWER)
Use it for table-mat, under really hot pans; on moderately sloping surface as a non-skid under-mat; as a pan-holder for between your hand and a hot pan; opening almost unscrewable jars.... and I can also flap it to scare the pigeons of my bird-feeder (it is meant for smaller birds, honestly)

Cheap and cheerful, and a nice volcanic colour that stops it from getting lost. What is not to like?

5.0 out of 5 stars Really useful, 16 Aug. 2013
J. Goldsbrough (Harrogate) - See all my reviews
Incredibly useful - works well for all it's intended functions: unscrewing lids, mat for hot pans, oven glove alternative.

Little hole on the top is useful for hanging up.

This is the second Le Crueset item I own. The other is a thirty year old pan that works perfectly. You only have to buy quality once.

5.0 out of 5 stars Keep your work tops scorch free, 6 Oct. 2013
If you've remortgaged your house buying le creuset pots pans casseroles and everything else in that just right colour it's not a bad idea going a short step further and saving your even more expensive kitchen work tops with a bit of protection for not very much at all. They are strangely pleasing to have and they do work

5.0 out of 5 stars More Useful Than A Pan Stand, 4 April 2013
We have two of these now and they have been a great addition to the kitchen. Most of their duty is protecting work surfaces, but they have been used a few times to get a good grip on stubborn jar lids. The colour has stayed very vibrant over the couple of years we've had them and they're simple to clean.

‹ Previous | 17 8 940 | Next ›