on 7 November 2013
I decided to purchase a PDP Afterglow as my original pad had become worn out after a lot of use. I wasn't sure what it would be like going wired after wireless gaming, but you don't even notice it when gaming and the cable is a generous length. It is made from very clear smooth plastic with a glossy surface, which makes it feel grippy in your hands. When you are holding it, the controller feels a little smaller than the original. This is good because it is easier and quicker to move your fingers across it to access the buttons. Button presses are crisp and the whole thing seems well built, with the black back/start, d-pad, triggers and sticks having a premium feel. The glow effect comes from seven green LEDs and is quite bright. You may not want it on all the time but it is a nice feature. There is a small button on the underside to turn it on or off. Strangely it does two 'on' modes, you can turn it on and then off, then the next time you press the button the lights come on for a few seconds then go off. Another press puts it on permanently again. I would thoroughly recommend this pad if you want a peripheral that will last well and take a lot of use. Being able to plug it into your computer is another plus.
on 24 October 2013
Bought this for my BF (I know nothing about gaming), as his battery powered controller was crap. This glows really bright, and is really good value for money.
on 10 January 2012
Only had this today but so far I'm impressed. I didn't buy it for the lights but fir the fact it's cheap and the feel of it definitely isn't cheap. It sits nicely in the hand, L2 and R2 feel more comfortable with no slipping and the rumble function works better than my official. I actually like it more than the official wireless and there is plenty of cable so no tugging the console off the shelf and yes, it does look pretty cool!!!
The Xbox style layout of the left side of the control with the stick swapped over with the pad didnt take long to getting used,to and actually feels better.
So for the money, I can't see any reason why it shouldn't get 5 stars. As a replacement, it's the best.
on 21 July 2013
Lovely looking controller, little bit smaller than standard (Or maybe "older" 360 ones) perhaps, but I found this to be a good thing. The lights can be on constantly, turned off, or set to just light up when the vibration kicks in - they are also very bright and colourful, precisely what I wanted.

The cable is quite long (Another plus) and my PC recognised it straight away with no need to download extra software; I literally plugged it into my PC's USB slot and hit Just Cause 2 right away. Obviously it also works on the 360 itself, but i primarily bought it to play certain games on the PC with a console Controller.

It was also, surprise surprise, cheaper than buying a larger, uglier version from GAME on the high street. This cost me under £17 including P&P, whereas GAME wanted to charge me £25 for a bulkier, normal black/grey version.

I would recommend this to anyone who wants a wired controller.
on 13 September 2013
Got this on behalf of my son - it is a great price for a product that has so far, after several weeks, been perfect and no problems at all. It is wired, but we knew this when we bought it and the lead is a good length so he does not have to sit too close.
on 14 January 2014
I purchased this elsewhere as my 4th controller for £15 but thought I would share my thoughts here.

Firstly the controller is nicely packaged and definitely looks interesting. However on first use the lack of precision in the right thumb stick is apparent with a rather large dead zone.

Secondly the controller becomes unpleasant to hold after just 5 minutes as the see through plastic is uncoated and this causes it to become sweaty and slippery.

Lastly the lights are so bright that it becomes a disruption to immersion. This would probably be ok for little kids, but if you are even remotely interested in what's happening in game just switch them of.

Considering the price difference between this and a wired official controller I can not recommend the afterglow controller. I returned the one I bought and got the official one. Even although the afterglow controller would have been the 4th one which would only get occasional use I still felt that it was a poor deal and would not want any of my friends to use it even for just a few hours. The afterglow controller would be ok as a backup or spare at £10 but it should not be considered as a main controller.
on 26 April 2013
Awesome controller, looks great and works perfectly with my xbox and pc :) The ability to switch the lights off is pretty good too :)
on 1 January 2014
I bought this to go with our brand new Xbox 360 that the kids got for Xmas. The Xbox came with a official wireless controller but we have not even bothered with it. I hate having to replace batteries all the time and the cable on the afterglow is so long we have no issue with using it at all. The headset that came with the console works perfectly with this and the plastic is smooth and the controlls and buttons are robust and well made. The light can be turned off via a small button on the bottom but my kids love the fact that it lights up. For half the price of the official controller it is a remarkable purchase. I cannot recommend it highly enough.
on 30 September 2013
My son ordered this with his pocket money, he is delighted, all working well so far! It is very bright though, will be ideal for xmas. Son would like to know how he could have chosen purple (as shown on the box, rather than green)
on 20 April 2013
I love this item, i use it with my PC mainly but also with my Xbox. It's perfect. It has a really nice feel to it just like official controllers, also the lights can be turned off, as well as 2 other modes; 1 which lights the controller up when it vibrates and the other which is just with the lights always on. Xbox center button actually works like an official controller, and the controller works with not only PC games but also emulator game on PC. And the price is great too, especially compared to Microsoft's controllers.

Great product, definitely recommend.