on 7 November 2013
I decided to purchase a PDP Afterglow as my original pad had become worn out after a lot of use. I wasn't sure what it would be like going wired after wireless gaming, but you don't even notice it when gaming and the cable is a generous length. It is made from very clear smooth plastic with a glossy surface, which makes it feel grippy in your hands. When you are holding it, the controller feels a little smaller than the original. This is good because it is easier and quicker to move your fingers across it to access the buttons. Button presses are crisp and the whole thing seems well built, with the black back/start, d-pad, triggers and sticks having a premium feel. The glow effect comes from seven green LEDs and is quite bright. You may not want it on all the time but it is a nice feature. There is a small button on the underside to turn it on or off. Strangely it does two 'on' modes, you can turn it on and then off, then the next time you press the button the lights come on for a few seconds then go off. Another press puts it on permanently again. I would thoroughly recommend this pad if you want a peripheral that will last well and take a lot of use. Being able to plug it into your computer is another plus.
on 10 January 2012
Only had this today but so far I'm impressed. I didn't buy it for the lights but fir the fact it's cheap and the feel of it definitely isn't cheap. It sits nicely in the hand, L2 and R2 feel more comfortable with no slipping and the rumble function works better than my official. I actually like it more than the official wireless and there is plenty of cable so no tugging the console off the shelf and yes, it does look pretty cool!!!
The Xbox style layout of the left side of the control with the stick swapped over with the pad didnt take long to getting used,to and actually feels better.
So for the money, I can't see any reason why it shouldn't get 5 stars. As a replacement, it's the best.
on 21 July 2013
Lovely looking controller, little bit smaller than standard (Or maybe "older" 360 ones) perhaps, but I found this to be a good thing. The lights can be on constantly, turned off, or set to just light up when the vibration kicks in - they are also very bright and colourful, precisely what I wanted.

The cable is quite long (Another plus) and my PC recognised it straight away with no need to download extra software; I literally plugged it into my PC's USB slot and hit Just Cause 2 right away. Obviously it also works on the 360 itself, but i primarily bought it to play certain games on the PC with a console Controller.

It was also, surprise surprise, cheaper than buying a larger, uglier version from GAME on the high street. This cost me under £17 including P&P, whereas GAME wanted to charge me £25 for a bulkier, normal black/grey version.

I would recommend this to anyone who wants a wired controller.
on 13 September 2013
Got this on behalf of my son - it is a great price for a product that has so far, after several weeks, been perfect and no problems at all. It is wired, but we knew this when we bought it and the lead is a good length so he does not have to sit too close.
on 1 January 2014
I bought this to go with our brand new Xbox 360 that the kids got for Xmas. The Xbox came with a official wireless controller but we have not even bothered with it. I hate having to replace batteries all the time and the cable on the afterglow is so long we have no issue with using it at all. The headset that came with the console works perfectly with this and the plastic is smooth and the controlls and buttons are robust and well made. The light can be turned off via a small button on the bottom but my kids love the fact that it lights up. For half the price of the official controller it is a remarkable purchase. I cannot recommend it highly enough.
on 24 October 2013
Bought this for my BF (I know nothing about gaming), as his battery powered controller was crap. This glows really bright, and is really good value for money.
on 11 April 2015
I bought this for my son but have used it myself quite a bit. It is not as good as the stock controller but not by a lot and actually there are some things I prefer on this controller. It is a little less comfy in the hand than the stock one but the feel of the buttons is actually better. There is a fair 'Click' when you operate the button. Some will like this, some will hate it. The sticks feel the same as the stock controller with about the same resistance level. I dont like the D Pad, its too flat and is raised up too much. Of course the reason this controller exists is the look of it and on that front I cant fault it. It looks impressive when lit up. Its also (And this may be because of my age) nice to not have to worry about being disconnected or running out of battery power - Its nice to have a wired controller in my hand again. Given that you can pay absurd money for some controllers this one was good value.
on 28 December 2015
I got this for my Little nephew since the bateries from the original control would not last any time at all. We are all super happy with this controller. Really long cord which allows you to move around. Super bright light which is super fun for the kids. The controller Works perfectly you won't notice the difference with the original one.
Amazing product and super cheap for the great quality! My nephew issuper happy, his Friends come all the time to play with it and we all love it.
on 6 December 2015
I've had this controller for about a year now. It's a bit smaller than the original xbox 360 controller but not a huge difference. The transparency of the material is pretty cool and the lights as well (even though they can get pretty eye-tiring). The only issue i had was the rubber pudding on the sticks started coming off, so i had to buy a pair of covers (maybe because i was pretty rough when using the sticks). Overall a good controller!
on 23 July 2013
I was looking for an xbox controller for two things. First so that I could join any games on my brothers console and second because I wanted to try it out with Steam's Big Picture Mode. It worked well for both! Since it's the usual usb connection, just plug and play! My pc recognised it instantly.
This is the cheapest control I have found for the xbox. It's the same layout as an official one and works just as well. I've had it for a good few months now and so far nothing bad has happened to it.
It's interesting to play in the dark, but to be honest, for me it was a little too bright. Even in the day! So I was very pleased to see that there's an easy to get to button at the back that allowed me to choose what mode I'd prefer. Full light, light only on vibration, or my prefered selection - no light at all.
In addition it feels sturdy and comfortable and has a good strong vibrate. The lead for it is roughly the same length as that of the official contollers.
Nothing else I can think to say on the subject. It is what it is, and I like that!