on 15 December 2010
First things first: is the original of this a classic? Yes. Is it better than this cover? You could certainly say so if you wanted. Does that actually make this cover bad? No.

I'd say the word for this cover is 'sweet'... low key, well sung (without overdoing any of the emotion of the song), nicely arranged and definitely worth a look if you're fan of that kind of thing. If anything this is a good example of how to make a cover your own without destroying the song altogether. If the very idea of a well known song being covered by another artist in another style horrifies you for some reason, however, you'll want to avoid it.
on 14 December 2010
I admit I'm not a huge fan of Elton John, and perhaps that's why I really enjoy this cover version of one of his songs by Ellie Goulding. I agree with the reviewer who pointed out that her emotion is restrained rather than absent. The song is deliberately understated. Can't understand the point of view that emotional outpouring in music is necessary to render the song or singer 'great'. True, i don't think Ellie's voice is outstanding, but I really enjoy this cover.
on 11 November 2013
I had problems with this track initially,it only partially downloaded,however I contacted amazon and they were so helpful and helped me to resolve the issue very quickly. Very impressed with excellent customer service.
on 18 April 2015
This song has been covered by many people over the last 40 years, but this version is still manages to feel very original and different
on 6 March 2015
I absolutely ADORE Ellie's version of 'Your song'. since downloading it a couple of days ago I've played it constantly.
LOVE IT !!
on 9 January 2014
This is a very relaxing song ot listen to from a great vocalist. Would recommend this somg for relaxation and easy listening.
on 26 June 2014
Ellie has got such a lovely voice it's so calming. I haven't really listened to her whole album but I do like her music.
on 19 April 2014
loved the song ,artist the right singer,if your a romantic fool like myself and wife ( 69. 70 ) you will love this one
on 27 September 2014
I weep every time I hear this song anyway, but when Ellie sings it, with her angelic tones, I blubber like a babe. :)
on 6 August 2011
Surely one of the worst cover versions in the history of pop music. What a complete waste of time, with a pathetically lazy arrangement consisting of a piano being played by an infant (no one older than three would play that badly) and vocals so passionless she must have been lapsing into a coma when the song was being recorded. Unbelievable.