Shop now Shop now  Up to 50% Off Fashion  Shop all Amazon Fashion Shop now Cloud Drive Photos Shop now Learn More Shop now Shop now Shop Fire Shop Kindle Shop now Shop now Shop now

on 16 January 2013
i am an occasional photographer so for my needs it fits the bill, I was so tempted to purchase the kit from Rogue or the 3in1 which included a grid

If you are into photography, you will know that how expensive it can soon get. The money saved easily allowed me to buy two Opteka Grids the 1/4 & 1/8, another strap CL-1 & some LEE filters, OK for a little bit more than the Rogue 3 in 1, but a lot of kit for about £40.

Although the Opteka grids are rectangular the light will still be a soft rounded effect.

The quality seems OK to me, it looks like it will last, if you are getting into portraiture, flash etc. then you can't really go wrong at £10 a pop. I was going to get a flash bender from rogue but I may try the Opteka alternative now, them seem OK. I would say that its kind of PhotoSel quality, if you are oK with that then this will be fine.
on 18 October 2012
A cheap a cheerfull grid, fits ok on my Nikon SB-700, it's not a perfect fit
but it does the job, I haven't had a problem with it slipping like some others have stated.
keep the Velcro strapping tight and you shouldn't have any real issue with it.
It is not the highest quality build but then again it doesn't need to be for a few quid.
If you're looking for pro end gear then buy pro end gear.
on 16 July 2012
It's huge on my SB-800 which is what it says it fits! I suspect it would fit the head light of a mini cooper if it needed to :) It does stay affixed via all the Velcro straps it comes with and it does focus the light as it is intended to. It's big though :) I think it will also fit my Sunpack flash with no worries!
on 3 December 2012
I took a punt on this given that it is so cheap. I wasn't expecting much, but it works great.

As others have said, it is huge! It fits even my largest of flashes, but does look a bit out of place on the smaller ones. Fitting is easy with a velcro strap and the pre-installed velcro tabs on the grid, though it takes a little bit of fiddling sometimes to get it all lined up simply because the grid is so much bigger than the flash unit.

It's cheap, it's not going to last forever, but I don't use it all that often and it makes a great alternative to spending a lot more on one of the main manufacturers who make this type of accessory for speedlights. Especially good if you're only going to use it occasionally.

I've used it on a stand high up with the speedlight pointing almost vertically and not had any issue with the band slipping of the grid falling off. I might just go for the 1/8in version as well on the basis of getting this one!
on 17 May 2013
Feels a little clunky but does the job well. Seems well built enough to take a few knocks in the camera bag too. This is the first speedlight grid i've used, from now on I think I'll have a go at making my own with some black drinking straws and a roll of gaffer tape!
on 17 October 2013
Very easy to use and practical. It does the job. I primary use it for backlight to portraits. The directional light is much easier to control.
on 17 January 2014
NOt a Honl Grid but for the price you can get two of these for the price of one Honl Grid! BIt bigger, clunkier and doesnt hold on the flash head as well but it does still hold on.

If money not an issue ( after all its only £20 odd instead of £10) buy the Honl grids. If you fancy saving a few bob, buy this!
on 5 February 2013
I'm starting out in flash photography. So before I become great I don't want to spend a fortune just to try. I found this item and has exceeded my expectations. It's a great light modifier. easy to attach and stays put provided you set it up correctly.
on 1 June 2015
Does what it says, can't fault it. With its size and Velcro straps it's a universal fitting. Directional light guaranteed, no colour casting either
on 19 November 2015
a basic honeycomb for concentrating the flash light into a tighter "pool"
Fits all my flash units with the adjustable strap fixings

See one answered question