5.0 out of 5 stars Laser Printer
Published on 1 July 2012 by harmoney

2.0 out of 5 stars Great feature list but Incredibly EXPENSIVE to run
Buying this Magicolor 3730DN was a big mistake. Consumables are much more expensive than a HP, Epson, Brother, Canon... or most other printers, and what really annoyed me most was that the amount of Toner supplied with the NEW Printer is only 10% of the claimed amount of the cartridges.

On paper, this looked like a fantastic mid-range colour laser printer...
Published 7 months ago by D. Girvan

2.0 out of 5 stars Great feature list but Incredibly EXPENSIVE to run, 22 Feb 2014
D. Girvan "PorridgeHead" (Ireland) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Konica Minolta Magicolour 3730DN Duplex Network Colour Laser Printer (Accessory)

On paper, this looked like a fantastic mid-range colour laser printer. Duplex capable.... excellent!

But after less than 500 pages, mostly Black with a small amount of colour, it strangely needs ALL 4 Toner cartridges to be replaced! and they appear to be more expensive than precious metals!

€180+ for Cyan, Magenta or Yellow and €140+ for Black.

Konica Minolta are still in the Old fashioned sales model of crazy consumables prices, with a philosophy of "once we have you by the Short n' Curlys, we can charge you big time".

Not here Mr. Minolta. Cheaper to buy another printer!

1.0 out of 5 stars Consumables horrendously expensive..., 11 April 2013
I bought this printer a few months ago. The original toner cartridges lasted a couple of months (light home user). Replacement Konica high yield cartridges are commonly £120 (£66 on Amazon -- German imports) each, which came as a shock. Even the waste bottle needs replacement at £25. This printer may be cheap to buy but it is not cheap to run. I was tempted to throw the machine away when the toner ran out, but I didn't.

I have also found it buggy. It keeps telling me the cyan cartridge isn't installed (I have to take it out and put it back to make it work)and calibration takes forever. Don't be duped by the cheap initial price -- look elsewhere.

5.0 out of 5 stars Laser Printer, 1 July 2012
[[ASIN:B004BF960K Konica Minolta Magicolour 3730DN Duplex Network Colour Laser Printer Fast reliable laser duplex printer. Very efficient high quality printer which meets all my requirements. Cartridges are expensive but can buy individually and cost per item printed is reasonable compared to previous ink jet printer and quality is better, there is no smudging and speed of output is impressive. Highly recommended.

1.0 out of 5 stars Shocking Service!, 18 Sep 2012
I recently purchased this item, which arrived in a decent enough time frame. When it arrived the box very bashed about, which made me think it was a second hand unit until I opened it and checked the machine, it was still sealed with tape. The printer is ok to be honest, but the consumables it comes with are not as described in the sellers or Konica's description. It was described buy the seller that it was arriving with starter units (toner basically) that yield up to 2000pp. However, since I made my initial complaint the description has changed and has conveniently changed and been downgraded to units that will go up to 1000pp.

This is not the case at all and is misleading, if not a blatant lie, i have printed 373 pages and the toner has depleted. I called the seller regarding this and was advised that it is not an issue that they can help me with (even though the machine was purchased under 1 week ago). I was told that I needed to call Konica and they would help me. It's disappointing to say the least, that after spending a couple of hundred pound with this seller they have completely dismissed my claims that the unit was sold and did not meet with the original description or even meet the new description that they changed on the website.

After a prolonged debate and discussion with the seller via customer services, I gave up and contacted Konica directly. I was eventually put through to a German help sector and advised to send in a email containing a scan of the printer usage information page (it prints this out to let you know whats happening with it). After no response for over 1 week, i sent another email to chase up what was happening, I again received no response. I then called and spoke to the german help sector again, they again advised me to re send the email I had already sent, I did what was requested of me and this time I received a respond. This was to tell me that in this case they would not help me, regardless of me having no toner and suggesting I pay myself for a new set (totalling £430). I asked for the manager to explain why I would not get the amount of print described on the machines description and I was told again they would not help me in this instance. I had no explanation not even a direct email or any form of correspondence from a manager (even after I requested to speak with a manager, this proved non productive, which is disappointing! All my correspondence was through the original agent who I spoke to on the phone, his manager did not have the courtesy to email me directly. Again I persisted in trying to find out why I could not be helped but again I received a FWD of the same email (this happened 3 time) no idea why he could just email himself and explain rather than ask someone else to FWD a email that was absolutely no help at all three times. After pursuing this I did receive a response, again the same FWD email but with the add-on of "This is ridiculous" on the bottom of it! Random! no explication again!

I have now asked for the managers name, contact info ect and been told that Konica do not give out customer service/help contact details out to customers, lol! OMG No idea if it's a communication this with Konica being in Germany but it's absolutely laughable..

So all in all I would NEVER BUY FROM THIS SELLER AND NEVER BUY FROM KONICA MINOLTA.

5.0 out of 5 stars When i Start Using this Printer Properly, 5 Dec 2012
I will Review this Printer Properly when i set the unit Print when i Receive the User-Guide to bring the Network Online properly thank you Love Geoff..