5.0 out of 5 stars Way better than i expected
This is THE BEST CLOTHING PURCHASE I HAVE EVER MADE!!!!
What a winter jacket! I have been to a few different cold places (-10C so far) and this baby has kept me nice & snug!
It's well equipped, VERY well insulated & the perfect legth (just below the posterior).
Published 12 months ago by Rock Monkey

3.0 out of 5 stars Great jacket - bad zipper
I have used if for a month or so but I still can't say if I like it or not.

Published 13 months ago by Carl-Magnus

3.0 out of 5 stars Great jacket - bad zipper, 18 Feb. 2014
I have used if for a month or so but I still can't say if I like it or not.

As a Scandinavian, it's not quite as warm as I would have expected from a "winter jacket" but I have since learned that I should have used the search phrase "arctic jacket" to find what I think of as winter jacket. That said, it's still pretty warm and waiting for the buss in -20 C is not a problem.

It's not very thick - as you might expect from a Thinsulate insulated product - but it is really heavy, to the point of being uncomfortable. And speaking of uncomfortable, the "hidden" hood is pretty thick and hard when rolled up and it pressed against my neck when sitting in a car so I had to remove it which is a shame.

The outer material is water and wind resistant and I although a dark jacket looks good I chose the yellow one as ending up under a car because I wanted to look good and the driver couldn't see me sounds like a bad compromise. There is a reflective patch on the back and I wish there would have been more such on the sleeves and the front as well.

It is well made and feels like it could last for years. There are lots of big pockets and the biggest ones are covered with a nice cloth/textile on the inside so you can warm your hands. And I have noticed I don't use gloves as much now because the pockets are so nice and do keep my hands worm in many situations making gloves less necessary.

Unfortunately the inside of the collar is of a similar cold and plastic like material as the outer shell and that feels cold and uncomfortable against my neck. I wish they would have lined the inside of the collar with the same stuff they put on the inside of the pockets - that would have improved my overall impression of this jacket a lot.

But the biggest let down is the zipper. It is really difficult to close. With a proper zipper and a nicer lining for the collar this would be a GREAT jacket. As it is, I dislike the jacket every time I fiddle with the zipper but once I get it on I like it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Way better than i expected, 14 Mar. 2014
This is THE BEST CLOTHING PURCHASE I HAVE EVER MADE!!!!
And then there is the matter of the interior (zipped) pocket in the lumbar region of the jacket which can be used to store a few flatish items but, more importantly, it is large enough to contain one of those head pads that you can buy cheap enough from just about anywhere!
Oh yeah, did i mention its also waterproof, lightweight, easy to use, durable and very comfortable????!!!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, 22 April 2013
What a suprise. This jacket had a reasonable price and has an excellent quality. Got me through the winter in Scotland without any complaints. Is not messed up with brand labels, too - so a 100% recommendation.

5.0 out of 5 stars bring it on., 8 Sept. 2014
I'm out and about most of the day and I needed an all round winter jacket for the conditions we get here in the west of Scotland(basically howling gales and rain from the north atlantic).So far it's been exceptionately fine weather and I haven't had the chance to try it out.
From experience of other coats this one fits the bill extremely well.A heavy jacket but warm so not too
much need for too many layers underneath,plenty of pockets plus a large poachers pocket in the back(mine came with a square of quilted thinsulate so sitting down on any cold surface is a doddle).The concealed hood is a monster that will probably protect me from Hurricanes and the two-way zip keeps me protected from eyebrows to mid thigh
As to size ,I am a 42" chest and the med is a little on the large size but this does allow me to wear as many layers as the circumstances demand and with the waist draw cord this does not pose any problems.
This is a great Jacket at a great price so come on bring it on.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent result!, 27 Oct. 2013
Saw the other reviews and decided to buy this coat. Very pleased I did, because its excellent value for money. Well made and good looking coat, very warm with good internal padding, but not overly heavy or uncomfortable. Actually too warm for Autumn use, but should be good for the winter months. Seems reasonable waterproof, but have not yet tried it for extended downpours. Sizes up on the big size, as do many other outerwear suppliers (I dropped down to L form my usual XL). Never heard of the Result brand before, but I am very impressed with their quality and value for money.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good value winter jacket, 15 Jan. 2013
I wanted a warm jacket for my partner for this winter and after reading the one review i was convinced that it would do the trick. Not disappointed at all. In fact 'm very happy. He loves it and says it's very warm. No need for many under layers. However, we haven't tested how it will perform on very wet weather (hence 4star) but will still highly recommend. Happy so far and happy with the quick delivery. Many thanks

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Jacket!!, 25 Feb. 2013
D. M. Dubbin (Farnham) - See all my reviews
If this jacket had some flashy 'logo' attached it would easily cost three times as much. It is simply the best cold weather jacket i have ever bought. Well made, strong zips and all the 'bells and whistles' you would expect from a much more expensive jacket. I have 38" chest and the medium size is perfect.. especially if you have other layers underneath. It also has reflective patches which means you can easily be seen [when walking the dog at night perhaps?]. Great product.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great jacket!!!, 12 Feb. 2012
I have endured a Romanian winter and this jacket has been a real savior. The temperature has dropped to -25 and it's been just great. I really like the simple design. A must buy.

5.0 out of 5 stars Winter jacket, 4 Mar. 2014
This is a fantastic buy. I would normally wear a large size, but as most other reviews point out, the jackets are a slightly larger fit than usual, and so I ordered a medium and wasn’t disappointed. If you have long arms, perhaps the larger size might be better.

The jacket has loads of pockets. There is one in the bum area that contains a little cushion inside that can be used to sit on cold seats whenever you are outdoors. Unlike other reviews, I did not find the zip to be a problem. Well worth the money.

1.0 out of 5 stars Overrated, 7 Feb. 2014
Took an age to arrive, not a major hassle as I didn't need it immediately, just a source of irritation. When it eventually arrived it was one size larger than ordered, but by this time I needed it so had to make do. At first the zip was annoyingly difficult to use, and now after approx 20 wears is broken and totally inoperable. Takes a while to warm up in it (the extra size may have made a difference) but once up to temperature it's proper toasty so no complaints there. The big chest height pockets at the front both leaked, and in heavy rain the water seeps up the stitching/lining inside at the bottom. I would imagine this product would suit a quick walk round the park with the dog or a ramble in reasonable weather, but if you are outside in all weathers for 10 hours a day like myself steer clear. All in all this is probably the most expensive dog blanket I've ever bought, since that's all it can be used for now.