5.0 out of 5 stars Great speed and features
I have used a few different NAS-servers before and this is absolutely the best value for the money.
Rich in features including personal cloud and printer server. Speed is not spectacular but one of the best for the money.
Published 12 months ago by Erik Kallberg

3.0 out of 5 stars NSA320
Completely new to NAS setup and was dreading setting this one up.
Checked all the reviews (unfortunately no one seemed to mention printers with this model) then bit the bullet and bought the NSA320 from Amazon.
Inserting the hard drive (well I just bought one 2Tb drive to start with) was a breeze.
Not being a techie I opted to just set it up as a jbod...
Published 19 months ago by Den Pereira

5.0 out of 5 stars Great speed and features, 10 Oct 2013
This review is from: ZyXEL NSA320 2 Bay Desktop Network Storage NAS Enclosure (Accessory)
Good "additional" programs can be installed for your needs, including automatic data backup/replication to the external disk or other NAS. Highly recommend.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great little media server for the price, 29 Jan 2013
I've had this about a month now and am impressed with its performance. Upon arrival I was impressed by its small size; it's only a little bigger than the two hard drives it encloses. I installed two 2TB WD SATA6 hard drives without any issues and it recognised, formatted and configured them as RAID0 in a few minutes. Moving around the software was easy, although the instructions aren't as helpful as they could be and -- as a media server novice -- it took me a while to realise I had to publish the share on the server before I could see the content on the mapped drives in Windows. There are also plenty of features that allow you to set up specific users and allocate them a set amount of space, restricting their access as necessary. The software also monitors the system status, so you can see if you're stressing it.

I had initial reservations about purchasing a relatively cheap media server on the grounds of speed - I've read many reviews of paltry speeds attained by some devices. I was very pleasantly surprised by this device. I have it hooked up to a D-Link gigabit router via Cat6 and I loaded the files over the network from an i5 desktop (also Cat6'd to the router). Moving largish (300MB+) video files from a USB2 drive to the server stabilised at 29MB/sec (243 Mbit/sec) and barely fluctuated in the 6.5 hours it took to transfer the 688GB of videos. Similar-sized videos transferred from an internal SATA3 drive in the desktop stabilised at 51MB/sec (428 Mbit/sec). Wireless transfer (Wireless N network from dual core Sony Viao with 500MB file) was slower (averaging 6MB/sec), but still respectable. Downloading files from the server was also good, with the same 500MB file downloading at a stable 10MB/sec over wireless and 50MB/sec over ethernet. Streaming from all the PCs is seamless.

The device is DLNA certified and my Sagemcom Freeview box and Sony Bravia TV both found the server without any problems and had no issues accessing the files (knowing, of course, how bad Sony's TV support for Xvid decoding is!). I've not used the back-up software that came with it, nor any of the remote torrenting features, but having had a quick look they seem straightforward to configure. Similarly, I've not explored the iTunes Server, FTP, Broadcast, Web Server, or Print Server functions, so I cannot comment. I dropped a star for two reasons: the Twonky software can be a bit 'flaky'; and the fan can be a bit noisy (although no worse than any desktop PC I've owned).

Overall, one month on, I'm very impressed with this device and look forward to exploring the rest of the features. The performance and features make this excellent value for money.

3.0 out of 5 stars NSA320, 4 Mar 2013
Completely new to NAS setup and was dreading setting this one up.
Not being a techie I opted to just set it up as a jbod rather than Raid.
Plugged in the mains and network cable and fired up the computer. From there on in it was quite simple. A very user-friendly walk through supplied for setting up.
It does take long to boot but I leave it on all the time so no problem using it as a storage device.

On the downside, there is no ‘network activity’ light which is a minus. I also cannot get my Samsung usb laser printers to work reliably. Sometimes they would print and then again most times not!!
Zyxel support is a total waste of time. All you get from them are automated acknowledgement emails!
The download server is great for torrents, so whilst my computer is switched off at night the NSA chugs on merrily downloading torrents.
Firmware updates notifications pop up and once accepted will do the needful without assistance.
Overall a good network storage media and easy enough to set up if yur needs are basic. As a printer server it leaves a lot to be desired.
If you are confident enough then yes I would recommend this NAS but if you require support from Zyxel…..forget it!!

4.0 out of 5 stars noisy, 18 April 2012
It's worth the price. Good, reliabe. I put 2x2TB HDD for the RAID1.
It can download independent of the PC. I can setup the sharings easily.
A fan is a little noisy.

2.0 out of 5 stars Faulty Unit, 19 Feb 2014
Like so many reviews of this Item it turned up and would not boot up correctly tried all different suggestion found on the mighty internet but to no avail

This seems to be a common problem with this Unit

5.0 out of 5 stars what a nas, 6 Nov 2013
i had previously a dlink sharecentre puls320 and after buying that and having it over a year i bought the zyxel and wat a transformation speed is brilliant and to the people who said it was noisy mine is very very low in noise not like the sharestation, from opening the box it looks very similair too dlink but rthat where it ends the software that is built in is fantastic i could not praze the box enough from setting up to using it with the cd that came with it.
if you only have a small budget then this is the one to buy not the dlink

2.0 out of 5 stars Unreliable, 9 Aug 2013
Failed on day three, had to return it. Didn't get a replacement, went for something else, so can't comment further.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great unit, 12 May 2014
Very good unit. The only drawback is that the drop box feature doesn't quite work properly and the amount of control and config options on the download server is a limited.

5.0 out of 5 stars What a clever kit......, 17 Jan 2014
Very cheap for what it does,Very handy to have if you want to access external hard wirelessy and want to wireless streaming,watching movies,listening to music,viewing photos wirelessly via xbox,ps3,computer,iPad ,iphone you name it. I'm still playing with mine trying to set up port forwarding so that I can access it where ever I am. There is a lot to talk to kit but all I can say you won't be disappointed. I have only got one 2TB WD Nas HDD installed but I will get another 2TB soon. If you do get one try to buy Nas HDD.

2.0 out of 5 stars Buy this product if you want waste another 1 day, 4 Oct 2013
#Don't waste your money if you also want waste your time (Original title)
Sorry about my poor english.
When I was setup everything according to the handbook and turned the power on, the SYS LED keeps flashing and couldn't boot anyway. I've tried reset for about 5 times but still didn't work. So, I google it and find there are many people have the same problem, and it seems the only way to fix it by yourself is buy a RS - 232 cable and flash it by yourself. I'm starting replacement progress and holpfuly I will get a good one.
I'll keep writing if anything changes.
======================================
I got my new machine on 5th Oct,I was surprised cause it was Saturday.
And the new one is good, problem fixed,but there is one little problem, the machine can't get ip address until you make a little flash by your usb stick and just take 2 minutes (http://www.zyxelforum.de/viewtopic.php?f=138&t=4310),after that the machine works great and I get setup with the software in the cd.
The fan is a little annoying BTW.