4.0 out of 5 stars Good, comfortable headphones for MP3 players
Published on 19 Feb. 2011 by Rosey Lea

3.0 out of 5 stars My A-d-i-d-a-s ...While you Run DMC?
The first thing that strikes you about these is the obscene amount of packaging with these...plastic moulded bits and loads of cardboard...crazy??
ok..I'm a fan of Sennheiser headphones...and so I thought give these a try.
They are BIG well bigger than my trusty PX100's..big padded ears ..I must admit I'm not big on brands ..and having adidas blazing out in...
Published on 24 Feb. 2011 by T. Satchwell

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

4.0 out of 5 stars Good, comfortable headphones for MP3 players, 19 Feb. 2011
Rosey Lea (london, UK) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (TOP 1000 REVIEWER)
This review is from: Sennheiser HD 220 Adidas Originals Headphones (Electronics)
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
These are a closed type headphone, which means you can wear them in public without deafening those around you, and seem to be based on the budget HD 218 model. The padded earphones are comfortable to wear, and the build is light, but not so flimsy that they'll break after a month's use. Sound wise, they are designed to be used straight from MP3 players and give a clear sound with good bass.

While the colour scheme isn't as stylish as the Adidas HD 25, if you're a fan of the brand it won't be a problem. Throw in a cloth carry bag and a generous 2 year warranty and these are a good buy.

5.0 out of 5 stars Teenagers Dream!, 16 May 2011
Bob and Billy's Mum (UK) - See all my reviews
(TOP 1000 REVIEWER)
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
Super quality and sound from these Sennheiser Headphones. A teenagers dream in terms of style also, and come highly recommended.
We loved the sound from within, but also the lack of sound leakage from them (the closed back is fabulous) means that we don't have to share music when unwanted!
Hard wearing, extremely comfortable, and fun. Highly recommended.

4.0 out of 5 stars Look good, Sound good, Construction? We'll see., 19 Feb. 2011
JBV "JBV^_^" - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I've been looking for the perfect headphones for many years: Some are comfortable but sound poor, other sound brilliant but hurt my ears after a short time.

These are the second pair of on-ear headphones that I find both comfortable and sound good.

The bass response of these Hd220 is excellent. I use a set of Harman Kardon soundsticks, and the sound quality (when balanced) sounds very similar between the two. At higher volumes though, the bass starts to get over blown and distorts, while the soundsticks continue to sound superb. Not a fair comparison, but it gives some idea of the sound quality you can expect from these. It is really good and easily a match for the two pairs of Sony headphones I also own.

Stylisticly these look clean (at least at the moment they do) and if you're an Adidas fan, then not only will they match your clothes, they'll sound good too. But the construction feels cheap. They look really good and solid, but seem to lack the weight I'd have expected them to have. I think this has something to do with the plastic they're made from, but they do feel a bit flimsy. Which is a pity, as the headband has a real nice feel to it when worn. Of course, they may turn out to be as hard-wearing as the CX300 II's I wear everyday.

The one other problem is the "sound deadening" claim. When listening to music, I can't hear my wife's voice, but she had no problem hearing mine (music played at the same volume.) This implies that it blocks higher frequency sounds better than low ones.

Would I recommend these? Yes, especially to someone who wears Adidas (though they'd probably be wearing these anyway.) Obviously, that would change if the build showed any signs of weakness, but that's going to take more that the hour I've been testing them for. I think I'll give these to my daughter: even though she's a Converse fan... I think she'll like the look of these and will give them a better test than I can.

I've given then 4 stars for the sound quality, and letting them off the build quality at the moment. If they show significant signs of wear in less that 12 months, I'll change the rating. That said, My Cx300 II's are over 2 years old and the only visible sign is one of the metal covers has come off (and I had to drop them onto concrete for that to happen.)

EDIT: Been in use for over a year, not by my daughter, but by my grandson. Still going strong.

5.0 out of 5 stars Sennheiser Adidas HD220, 3 Feb. 2012
A. Dar "adl7" (UK) - See all my reviews
Over-ear earphones are much better than in-ear for sports. The HD220s are very comfortable and block out noise quite well. You will not need to keep adjusting them like in-ear phones.

5.0 out of 5 stars Pro Headphones, 30 Dec. 2011
Got these for Christmas. Nice bass. Very good music quality. Headphones look great - nice color and stylish design. Very pleased.
I am a drummer and they work well for playing to other songs; you can actually hear your iPod music unlike normal earphones. Worth the money too; pleased with this buy because they are 50 quid off the Adidas Store.
Great service too; got the package within 3 days of ordering with Super Saver delivery and received emails telling me when my product was dispatched etc. unlike some 3rd party sellers!
Recommend this product to anyone who wants a good pair of headphones that have good looks and good music quality, but don't cost a fortune (like Dr Dre's haha!)

5.0 out of 5 stars only ones, 4 Oct. 2012
K. Cooper (uk) - See all my reviews
These cans are the only quality ones (I'm partial to Sennheiser) I could find at a reasonable price to suit my requirements i.e. On ear, single sided cord, angled plug.

4.0 out of 5 stars Pretty Good..., 27 April 2012
Ordered these headphones and they took about 3 days to arrive, they come in a little adidas bag (to put in when unused). First thoughts are they look a little cheap for the price (but stylish) and that's the reason for 4 stars instead of 5 because the sound quality in incredible. I've only ever used in-ear headphones such as Sony and Apple but the sound quality is incomparable, not only that but they are comfortable too and the size of the headphones can be altered to cater for each persons comfortability. Only thing I would be unable to comment on is there durability but they seem quite sturdy, would definitely recommend.

5.0 out of 5 stars 220 VS 202 (Sennheiser comparison), 4 Jan. 2012
Length:: 2:36 Mins

4.0 out of 5 stars good headphones, 27 Sept. 2013
when we first started using headphones on regular basis, these worked very well for children of 7 through to 17. 3 years later, however, have to say we've found others a little cheaper that surpass them particularly in reliability after rough treatment from younger children

5.0 out of 5 stars great headphone for price, 14 Jun. 2013
look good and have great sound for the price payed, come complete with a little travel back which comes in handy

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›