4.0 out of 5 stars A good solid read for those familiar with SBs earlier work
Published on 21 Aug 2009 by Decca

2.0 out of 5 stars All over the place....
Published 21 months ago by K.P

4.0 out of 5 stars A good solid read for those familiar with SBs earlier work, 21 Aug 2009
This book picks up on a short story about Sam and Alyssa from an earlier book. They form the main characters plus Dan "Gilligan" Gillman and Izzy Zanella. Jules and Robin are also prominent. The story is not a SEAL one although the SEALS are helping out the Troubleshooters team when a serial killer is stalking Alyssa. It is not dissimilar to the earlier Jenk/Lindsay book. It is well enough written, the plot is nothing new. If you have not read the other SBs books, then I think you will be at a total loss. Dan is the main character getting his story forwarded but not his HEA. SB says that he and Izzy will have to wait for a later book. You get inside Dans head for the first time and realise that is is not quite the jerk that he appears in earlier books. Izzy continues to be the most fun character with his singing and inability to shut up. I look forward to his book.
The drawbacks were that all the couples were a bit too nicey for me, there is no antagonism or conflict which is what is usually needed for a good romance book. This is much more of a suspense book. I also think that Sam and Alyssa's relationship would never be the lovely dovey one that is now portrayed - their earlier books were so full of the fun and fights and making up that would have been much more fun to continue with. I also felt sorry for their baby, spends his whole life being passed from one person to another whilst his parents are out saving the world.
So in summary, a better book than some earlier ones, worth a read and I look forward to the next one.

4.0 out of 5 stars HOT Pursuit, 19 Sep 2013
This review is from: Hot Pursuit: Troubleshooters 15 (Troubleshooters Series) (Kindle Edition)
Sam and Alyssa, and baby Ash, Jules and Robin (married), Dan and brother in law Izzy and a multitude of others. The Dentist is alive and murdering his way brought a cast of victims, in the hope that Alyssa will be part of the team in Hot Pursuit, enjoyable storyline with lots of sub stories woven through in the SB way.

2.0 out of 5 stars All over the place...., 15 Nov 2012
I'll try and be brief with this one. Several thing's I found wrong with this book. Firstly, the synopsis on the back indicates it will be a book about Sam and Alyssa. Don't buy this if that's what your expecting. It's a book 'involving' Sam and Alyssa but there are far too many other characters and side stories involving those characters to keep up with as your reading. Secondly, for those thinking of purchasing, don't mistake this for a 'light read'. It's most certainly not. Don't get me wrong, I like to mix things up myself, sometimes I like hard, long reads, sometimes light, short reads but for me the book seemed for lack of a better word 'all over the place'. I've enjoyed Suzanne Brockmann in the past but this book just seemed somewhat pointless and is definitely an 'in-between' book. Sometimes I felt like I was skipping over/glossing over parts of the book and hence why I perhaps didn't get emotionally involved or enjoyed the story very much. I found it didn't catch my interest, not to say other readers wouldn't enjoy it. I actually found the book to be more about Jen and Dan as opposed to Sam and Alyssa which is perhaps why I was annoyed the synopsis seemed misleading. Anywho, the one thing I did like was how protective and loving Sam was towards Alyssa although for me, there should have been more romance scene's throughout and less descriptive 'serious' scene's. I give it just short of 3 stars.