5.0 out of 5 stars Never give up!, 10 May 2012
This is perhaps the longest, deeply intense yet most helpful of any of the books I have read by Joyce Meyers.
I particulary liked Chapter 16 Never Give Up. How inspirational! In a youth-oriented culture with a bad economy such as the one we have in the United States today, it is often difficult to stay hopeful when unemployed and over 50. Joyce reminds us "age means nothing to God. We are never too old to be used by God." She reminds us that "we all have a past of some sort that tries to keep us trapped." (and the more so, the longer you have lived...) She tells us though that "Our past mistakes and disappointments scream loudly that our lives will never change, but that is absolutely not true. Our past only has the power we give it and no more. God's Word is...to let go of it!...Stop thinking about what you lost and start seeing what you have left. Even if it doesn't seem much to you, God can use it to do great things....Getting over the past and pressing into the future may require an effort, but you have what it takes! Don't ever be convinced of anything else. As long as you believe you can, you can..." Joyce further explains that when unexpected distressing events happen "During those times we should remember God has another plan. When one door closes, another one opens." She concludes Chapter 16 by telling her readers "you won't see the positive changes if you are too self-critical...about your faults. You must have a healthy attitude toward yourself or ...you will wear...down and ...want to give up...Never stop trying, never stop moving forward. Never give up."
This most inspirational book challenges us then, DARES us never to give up realizing that negativity (the Devil if you will) is indeed our enemy. Only trust in God and faith that, no matter how difficult your circumstances, if you believe in a positive outcome that will indeed eventually be yours!

5.0 out of 5 stars Thank you Mrs Meyer, 17 Feb 2010
This book covers Almighty's truths about our capabilities and possibilities in such an honest and challenging way. Believers and unbelievers alike need this. Read it and find out why. Bless.

5.0 out of 5 stars top life choice, 1 Jan 2009
came across this book by recommendation............i wasnt disappointed..... challenging, teaching, good solid christian views.my advice buy it

4.0 out of 5 stars Bit disappointed, 17 April 2012
Was looking forward to this cd set as i am a big Joyce Meyer fan and watch all of her teachings on tv. Although the teachings are Joyce's words, another woman actually speaks on the cds which i found disappointing. If you watch Joyce normally, you will know that she has her own unique way of saying things and is very funny sometimes. This just doesnt come across when Sandra McCollum says it. I just dont think its the same as hearing Joyce speak herself and i sometimes find myself zoning-out while listening to this lady speak. Its no reflection on Sandra McCollum - its just not Joyce Meyer. I will be carefully checking the description next time before I buy other cds with Joyce's name on them. There is the smallest of wording on the front cover of the cd at the bottom to let you know that this lady is reading for Joyce. As I say, definitely not the same. Sorry :-(

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 5 Aug 2014
This review is from: I Dare You: Embrace Life with Passion (Kindle Edition)
Love all her work