4.0 out of 5 stars Another great read from an ever changing author.
Published on 4 April 2001

2.0 out of 5 stars Possession
Published on 30 Sep 2008 by Rich

4.0 out of 5 stars Another great read from an ever changing author., 4 April 2001
By A Customer
This review is from: Possession (Paperback)
Having followed the writings of this author and enjoyed every book so far, this one brings it's own cast of strange charecters who jump out from the pages. A grieving mother is torn between the dead and the living, tormented and terrified she embarks on a frigteningly realistic journey which grips and twists as it goes. Again Peter has me sitting on the edge of the seat, I think I've got it then realize I haven't. This supernatural thriller is totaly believable and worryingly real. Other favourite titles include Host and Denial. My only complaint is that I read them faster than Peter creates them!

2.0 out of 5 stars Possession, 30 Sep 2008
This review is from: Possession (Paperback)
Interesting story but it ends up going nowhere, particularly as all the major plot twists are heavily signposted near the beginning of the book. There's a fair bit left unexplained, e.g. what was going in in Broadmoor, why was there an exorcism there?. What were Fabian and his friends really up to? This was the meat of the story but the author just ignores it. An un-satisfying read.

2.0 out of 5 stars Could have been excellent, 27 July 2009
This review is from: Possession (Paperback)
This book starts off really well, he is an author I really like, but being used to him writing crime I assumed this was too. I was really pleased it was a book about the supernatural as it's my favourite genre. It starts off really well and the blurb makes it out to be a genuinely frightening book. And it could have been but the ending is rushed to a conclusion that leaves you scratching your head a bit. I could only take a guess at why certain things happened as it's not explained properly and while this can sometimes be a good ending for a book it's obvious he has tried to explain it but fallen very short of actually doing so. It reads like he got bored three quarters of the way through so rushed it to an unsatisfactory conclusion.

2.0 out of 5 stars Possessed? Wish I didn't, 25 Mar 2011
Tim Chaney "soloinsoho" (London) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Possession (Paperback)
Am a big Peter James fan and have read all the 'Dead' series, Faith, Truth and a couple of others. Possessed, for me, and judging by an assortment of previous reviews was well below his best. Started well, ran a pace, then grind, grind - until the end, by which time I had lost interest. If you haven't sampled James before, don't choose this. His stuff is great.

4.0 out of 5 stars possesion by peter james, 16 Sep 2009
W. Roberts (worcester england) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Possession (Paperback)
Possession by Peter James is an interesting and gripping read, but not his best. I would recommend Truth and Faith. absolutely fantastic unputdownable reads! That said possession is still well worth a read, peter James in my opinion is one of the best authors out there!.

5.0 out of 5 stars Not my sort of book but..., 16 May 2008
S. West (UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Possession (Paperback)
I couldn't put this down. I only picked it up because I had nothing else to read and now I can't wait to buy more of his books. I hope they're all as good as this.

Well worth buying and reading.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great read but with loose ends, 30 Dec 2012
This review is from: Possession (Paperback)
This is a book which centres around Alex, a mother whose son is killed in a car crash but whose spirit lives on. Fabian is not quite the nice boy his mother thought he was. The story from Alex's perspective is well told and is genuinely scary. However, at the conclusion of the book we are left with too many loose ends for the book to be entirely satisfying. The story would greatly benefit from more time explaining a bit more of what Fabian had been doing before he died and particularly expanding on the Broadmoor connection.

I assume I know what happened to Carrie and I think I know who Otto is but I could be wrong. It may be that I am being thick and others will say there are sufficient clues in the storyline. Maybe there are but just with quizzes and crosswords, it is nice to know at the end whether you have got the answers right. A bit of an effort in tying up the loose ends would have made this a really top notch thriller but it is still highly readable and recommended.

3.0 out of 5 stars ending dissapointing, 9 Jan 2014
This review is from: Possession (Kindle Edition)
anti claimax, started off good and expected more from the ending, although peter james books are normally good, i will purchase another

3.0 out of 5 stars Not as good as some of his others, 23 Nov 2013
This review is from: Possession (Kindle Edition)
The atmosphere was quite good, but it was rather confusing and left a lot of questions unanswered.
Still a fan of bis though.

3.0 out of 5 stars POSSESSION, 10 Nov 2013
This review is from: Possession (Kindle Edition)
It was a slow read, and not one of hes best books,I would not read this book again. And i am a fan of Peter James.

Possession