Shop now Shop now Shop now  Up to 70% Off Fashion  Shop all Amazon Fashion Cloud Drive Photos Shop now Shop now Shop now Learn More Shop Fire Shop Kindle Shop now Shop now

Format: Blu-ray|Change

on 16 May 2011
I think that this is a great adapation of the first book. Acting is good for people of that age and casting is superb! The plot is slightly different to the book (such as the Mother & Son Sweetheart Dance) but you expect that. You may think that if you aren't a fan of the books its a waste but my mum has no knowledge of the books at all yet loved it!
on 22 August 2011
My 8 and 10 year old boys have watched this DVD over and over yet still laugh throughout it! A must see for kids especially those who enjoy 'boys' humour!
on 13 October 2010
...and girls probably, but I have 3 boys aged 7, 9 and 11. They all absolutely loved this film. The humour is very obvious (great for my son with Asbergers!)The message on the importance of friendship is done very well without pushing it in your face. As always a film is rarely as good as the book it comes from but my boys, who avidly read the books and are impatiently waiting for the next one, give this film a thumbs up!
TOP 500 REVIEWERon 7 April 2015
I held off from watching 'Diary of a Wimpy Kid', expecting it to be just another stupid, charmless kids movie, the type of which I've seen so often, but no, it was actually very entertaining and a pleasure from beginning to end.

The plot is one that I think many people will be able too relate to (me especially), young Greg (Zachary Gordon) longs to become famous in his middle school, but he just isn't seen by his peers as 'cool', and has the survive the year. This is done in a unique way, it doesn't need sex or drug references to be funny (other films should take note, as there are a lot of them that do use this about) either, and everyone acted out their parts well. I particularly enjoyed Devon Bostick as Greg's tormenting older brother Roderick, and some of their early scenes together are fantastic. The importance of friendship is also highlighted throughout, but isn't over-done which made for a refreshing change also.

'Diary of a Wimpy Kid' is a really good film to cheer you up, not just for the children, but also for those people who are a little older.

The DVD contains extras such as 'Deleted Diary Pages' and a feature commentary with the directors.
on 20 February 2011
My stepson is an avid fan of the books and enjoyed the film. There were some laugh-out-loud bits and it was enjoyable to watch with the kids. Fell a bit flat at the end but left me looking forward to the 'sequel'. Stand out performances were the actors that play Rowley and the older brother Roderick. A thing that annoyed me was that you were never told how old anyone was - I dont know how old kids are when they start US Middle School (about 10 I believe) and the older brother seemd older than I guess he was supposed to be. My stepson informed me that the pointless character of the school paper photographer (Chloe wotsit from Kick Ass wasted here) was not in the book - but I guess she was added to make it more 'girl friendly'.
on 17 January 2011
An absolutely great film. Extremely funny and doesn't divert off the main book
A great film, specially for people under eleven.
on 26 December 2015
A great movie for the family, with enough to keep us older folk entertained whilst the youngsters get some fun. Pretty true to the original book our lad (now 10) has watched a few times and still wanted to see it again so we couldn't resist getting it through Amazon Video for instant playback - nice that we can also take a copy with us on Kindle or iPad/iPhone (4 copies, apparently!) so we could watch on the move or on hols.
on 19 March 2013
It arrived 2 days after ordering and was cheaper to buy than to hire!! Brilliant. The boys loved it and the grown-ups found it very funny also. When I say grown-ups, I'm only 63 years of age, spent 42 years as a civil servant, been retired 3 years, but still don't know what I want to be when I properly grow up!!!! Anyway I thought the DVD was very funny.
on 9 June 2011
Such a great dvd bases on the first book by Jeff and it shows what Greg Heffely,Rowley and everyone has been up to in school and out of school

I totally reccommend this to all ages and is a fantastic Family Movie.

Please note
This is not the dvd what is out in the cinema Thursday 9th June 2011 (it is not movie 2 roderick rules) it is the first philm
on 13 May 2011
I found this movie very funny and entertaining. I really enjoyed it the first and second time I watched but by the third time, I started to get bored of it. When I would buy DVDs I would buy ones that I would watch several times. This movie is extremely good and funny and everything, but not worth watching several times.