4.3 out of 5 stars1,492

on 7 November 2013
Price has shot up in a matter of weeks.We are truly living in ripoff Britain. Will look for another data supplier.
on 12 November 2013
Works perfectly, and I get surprisingly good download speeds considering where I live (actually better than my BT broadband).

However the price has almost doubled and no longer offers the same value for money IMO.

I need one for emergency backup as I work from home but at more than £20.00 I am going to look for something else in future.
on 23 December 2013
This was an excellent way of accessing online on the move but I bought this earlier in 2013 for less that £12. I use it in a Vodafone MiFi and get good quality signals and fast speeds obviously where there is coverage. Compared to Vodafone it is far better.

The reason I marked down is the price is going through the roof and where i once bought several i will give it a miss. Data charges are not going up so I can't explain the massive 100% increase. For some it may be a good deal but knowing what I was paying 9 months ago it no longer represents value for money
on 5 January 2014
Like many, I used these pre-paid SIM cards to get affordable, fast and flexible data on the move - but NOT AT THIS PRICE! (£20.99 as of Jan 2014).

I put mine in a Three MiFi. I used it as an alternative data source when the signal on my O2 smartphone wasn't 3G (very regularly). I used it in some pretty odd places and the 3GB pre-loaded SIMs were an excellent choice. I'd use it for a day or 2 and then leave it for a couple of weeks before going back to it (once activated, the card expires after 6 months if you haven't used all the data). The setup is really simple, no creating accounts with Three, no registering, just pop it in your device and you're ready to go.

I bought mine back in Aug 2013 for £12.06. This made it a bargain. It has been as low as £10-11, but now the price has rocketed to £20.99 I won't be buying them anymore.

Either Amazon has decided to stop selling these as a loss-leader, or Three has pushed its prices up to profit from what was an exceptionally convenient way to get online on the move.

Such a shame.
on 3 December 2013
Am so disappointed that I didn't buy up a whole bunch of these when they were £11 a pop. The price no longer represents a saving compared to just topping up by registering the Sim - I suppose thats what 3 wants.

From an actual usage point of view, I've not had a problem with 3: pretty good around the London area, and they provide 3.5g in the form of 21.1Mbps which is pretty quick. Can't compete with EE in speed and now they have a similarly priced Sim only deal -time to jump ship.
on 24 August 2011
This sim slips straight into my 3dongle and works straight away. Much better than being on a contract. Not as fast as fixed line broadband but you can't beat the convenience.
on 18 November 2013
I have been purchasing this product regularly from low to high price.Today I decided to buy online direct from 3 mobile.....cost15 pounds and was instantly available on my tablet.Didn't have to wait for delivery either.Maybe if more of us do this the price will go down.
on 4 April 2011
Couldnt get any simpler. I bought 4 x 3Gb sims for my Three dongle after the first 12months of 12Gb data was up. I only need mobile broadband occassionally and this seems the best way to go for my needs. Once activated the data will expire after 3 months. It may be another month or so after the first sim expires before I need to activate the 2nd sim and so on. I therefore get 12Gb for at least a year, possibly longer and for a good price.
22 comments|103 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 9 December 2012
The Sim card worked right out of the box. Plugged it into the iPhone 4/4S and it could be used immediately. It's cheaper than the one offered direct from 3 as well.

Do note that this is a 3G-only SIM card, which means you won't be able to make calls, or send text messages with it (unless you send it via iMessage).
on 27 January 2014
please avoid this product, it is just a rip-off now. Don't be fooled by outdated 5 stars, it was a great option when it was cheaper but now it is not.I will not be buying again