on 10 December 2010
I highly recommend this album - Greatest Hits Rediscovered. I am a big fan of Tom Jones but even if someone is not a fan (is there such a person?;-)) of this artist I'm sure he will listen to it with pleasure because the songs are sung in a wonderful, unique voice, well recorded and represents many styles of music. An additional advantage of the cd is that Jones himself has chosen songs from various stages of his career, which lasted almost 50 years. I recommend.
This is a first class trawl through some of the greatest songs committed to tape. Tom Jones has such a great voice and approach to the songs on this superlative compilation that he makes every song sound like they were always his. Anyone who saw Tom on the last tour he did will know at least 60% of the material contained here.

First class mastering of the album balances the sound out so well that all of the songs sound bang up to date. All of the detail in the brass on early tracks is as clean as if it had been recorded last week. The bass on the new stuff is full and impressive. I was pleased to see a couple of tracks of his most recent album included as I love the stripped down to the bare bones approach used throughout it. The songs are carried almost effortlessly by the sheer power of Toms voice.

Whoever did the track selection did a great job. As a relative novice to his music I got all of the tracks I was specifically looking for and a load of other gems that I had not heard of.

It is a wonderful introduction to the greatest male singer ever to have come out of Wales, the UK even.
on 17 April 2012
Here we have the mature Tom Jones, lending his life experience and years to the raw enthusiasm of his youth, to tunes we all know, and kind of broadening and deepening them. Big time recommend from me one of his loyal fans.
on 17 October 2013
I am a massive fan of Tom Jones and have a lot of the original albums but if you are someone that is fairly new to his work and you want an over all picture of what he has done, this is the album for you.

The recordings are of excellent quality and mostly studio, in particular a track called "what good am I?" which was recorded fairly recently. It's a favourite of mine because of it's fairly simple yet haunting production that lets Toms voice do all the work and makes you really want to listen closely to the lyrics and in that respect I liken it to that of the Johnny Cash song "Hurt" which has the same feeling about it.
on 8 September 2012
This is a great release in that a lot of the songs you like are here along with some new great tunes. The only problem is that the CD itself has a few errors. I noticed that three of the tracks on disc two contain errors. She's A Lady being one of them. It kinda defeats the purpose of having remastered versions of the oldies alongside the new tracks if you have to replace some tracks from older hits CDs.
on 4 May 2012
Tom Jones Rediscovered Hits includes his greatest hits from long ago to the present time.
TJ's voice is better than ever and I recommend this recording highly not only because of Jones' voice, but the selection of songs.
on 1 November 2012
Enjoyed this CD espcially the "oldies" which took me back to my teenage years. Also some of the newer songs.
VINE VOICEon 11 March 2014
This guy sings with such power and passion! Tom has got to be one of the best recorded voices ever!

I must admit there are two songs on the albumn I don't like, but wow! Doesn't it kick off with a bang!

The best from his many albums. Get it and rip it
on 18 November 2012
Love this CD, Tom does not disappoint with this one. Great selection of tracks and good sound quality. I love
Intending to this with the volume cranked up!
on 8 January 2014
This is the first Tom Jones we have bought so thought we woudl go for a compilation.

Its fantastic, full of power and energy and the older tracks do not sound dated at all.

Very surprised to be honest, I am a blues guitar player and this was really for my wife, but you can really hear the deep roots in blues than show Tom Jones is not just a pop star.