on 22 August 2011
Summary: Very easy, very good, very pleased.
Main points:
1. It's a well made, neat, lightweight, effective slide changer/presenter with a red laser which is good for general use.
2. We use it with PowerPoint and it's very straightforward, has simple controls and is and easy to use, so ticks all our boxes. A number of our users are in the non-technical category but they can operate it without any problem once I have pointed out what the five controls do and not to use the bottom one. The limited functions are what makes it easy to use and pretty well foolproof. Main use is right button for forward with occasional top button for blank slide or left button for backwards and laser pointer in the middle. Couldn't be any easier.
3. Buttons are well placed and well spaced so they don't get pressed accidentally. Before buying the August We had an other brand which was smaller but it was a nuisance as the controls were too close together and therefore got mixed up with some interesting, but distracting, results.
4. We plugged it in an it worked first time without any set up procedure. We use Windows 7.
5. Manual on/off switch is easy to use and located out of the way so can't be accidentally switched off when changing slides.
6. The usb receiver is stored inside the unit so doesn't need to be held separately.
7. Takes one commonly available AA battery and has room in the case for a spare.
8. Case holds the unit and a spare battery so keeps everything together. It's a generic zip case so not specifically shaped for this unit, but it's ok.
Minor issues:
1. Storing the usb receiver inside the back of the unit is very neat, but it can be fiddly to get out if you have short finger nails. A bit of practice helps.
2. I wonder whether removing the back cover to access the usb receiver every time you use it will result in the cover becoming loose after extended use. I'm considering buying an August LP107T as well to compare as that one stores the usb receiver in the end of the main unit making it more accessible.
3. If I forgot to switch it off after use I'm not sure how long the battery would last so I try to make a point of ensuring it's off at the end of each presentation. Perhaps an auto switch off if not used for a time would be possible. However, having space for a spare battery means you won't be left high and dry.
11 comment|56 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 5 June 2013
This product is well built and comes in a useful zip/fabric case. It sits comfortably in the hand and is intuitive to use. The range is remarkable - I got over 25 metres in open space (and ran out of space before I ran out of range). It works well with power point and open office.com, I have used it with windows XP and a brand new Apple Mac with no problems. The laser pointer (red) is easy to see on the screen. It can switch the software from edit mode to screen show and back, change slides and set screen to black as required. It is as good as any I have used (which is quite a few). Highly recommended.
on 16 February 2013
I needed a clicker for a series of presentations and this model came at a very nice price. It came in a sturdy zip pouch, which is a bit big for the clicker but has space for a spare battery or maybe a USB key. The clicker has the standard buttons for moving forwards and backwards through your slideshow. it also comes with a 'black' button to take your audience's attention off the screen and back to yourself. Another button let's you start or stop the slideshow with one click. This is handy to quickly restart you slideshow. The big button in the middle is of course for the laser pointer. The clicker fits quite nicely in your hand with a logical position of all buttons. The one thing that this clicker does not have is a mouse function. If you have links in your slideshow that require you to click at a certain point on a slide, this clicker won't do it for you.
The USB receiver lives in the battery compartment and can be a bit fiddly to get out of there. The on/off button is also a bit difficult to operate. If you want to avoid the risk of accidentally moving forwards/backwards during a longer presentation it is not easy to temporarily disable the buttons. The buttons give an audible click but this is not disturbing.
All in all quite a nifty clicker for a good price.
on 30 January 2015
It is small enough to fit easily in your hand and be very unobtrusive. It is ergonomically shaped so is comfortable and the buttons are nicely placed so are easy to find without looking and they don't get pressed accidentally. It comes with a (generic) protective case and was easy to set up, just put in the battery, place the USB receiver (which is very neatly stowed in the battery compartment) into the computer and it was good to go. It seems to have plenty of range and the laser pointer is excellent. Not sure as yet on the battery life as not used it enough but takes just one commonly available AAA battery. My only slight gripe is that the clicker buttons are noticeable and might distract a little. If they were silent this would be 100% perfect. For the price though it is a really great bit of kit.
TOP 500 REVIEWERon 5 November 2015
I quite like the look and size of this, and the zipped travel case.

It connected successfully to my Win7 laptop, and I really liked the functionality.

Unfortunately as several others have found, the battery cover falls off with the lightest of touches (for example, when you are using it to make a presentation), it does not clip firmly in place. If this happened after a year or so of use I would just hold it in place with a piece of sticky-tape, or try to modify the angle of the tab supposed to lock the cover in place, but I am not prepared to do this with a brand-new item.
Seeing the same comment from some other reviewers, I do not see a point in trying to exchange it.

Returning it for refund (regrettably).
on 11 September 2013
I plugged the USB receiver into my Windows 7 laptop and it just picked up the presenter. However, if you use automatic updates (which I discovered on another laptop), it might take about 10 minutes to get the latest driver from Windows update. Consider testing well before your presentation.

I have tested the presenter with Outlook, Word, Excel, Powerpoint, Adobe Acrobat, Notepad and it works very well. The laser is very powerful and clearly visible in the daylight -I have tested it across 50 feet. Seriously consider keeping it away from children. The button click sound is not such a bother or distraction.

Delivery was very quick and the product is certainly value for money.
on 1 December 2013
Good product well made and with a good little case. With PowerPoint it is excellent, however it does not work with Prezi which is the format I most often use.
on 19 November 2015
I should start by saying that if I didn't use Linux I would be giving this product more stars. It's actually quite a nice little presenter and good value. It is comfortable in the hand and the forward and back buttons are a good size and easy to find without having to look down at your hand when you should be looking at the audience. It's major fault for a Windows user I would say is that the battery cover doesn't engage very positively and it feels as if it could come loose. This is a problem because the USB receiver is stored here, so there's a good chance you'll end up losing it if you're not careful. The buttons also make quite a loud click, which might be distracting in some environments.

The big problem for me, though, is that it doesn't work with a modern Linux machine (I did find some evidence that it used to work with older versions). This is despite the description clearly claiming that it does, which is why I selected this model. Only clicks to one of the four buttons are detected at all by Linux, so it's not even a question of remapping. It's basically useless with Linux. I've now purchased a Targus AMP13EU, which worked straight off with Ubuntu 14.04, and also has a very positive battery cover catch. The Targus is a little more expensive, and not as comfortable in the hand, but if you use Linux it's a much better bet
on 18 May 2015
This is excellent product, good quality and very cheap. The buttons are not too small, so my friends who have big fingers have no problem with it.. Sometimes I pressed wrong buttons whenever I got nervous or too excited with my presentations, but now it becomes inseparable with me. It comes with a USB installer, so it is very handy to install and operate (we use Windows 8). The minor problem that I have is that the battery backcover is not secured tightly so it falls off easily.
on 10 December 2013
This clicker is good but beware the clicks are noisy. When presenting in a small to medium sized room it's quite distracting and obvious so I'll be looking for something quieter.