on 1 January 2012
I used to have an Epson photo printer until it finally 'gummed up' after about 6 years. I strongly suspect that switching to non-manufacturer inks was responsible for the gumming up.

The inks for my new Canon MG6150 printer appear cheaper than similar Epson inks until you see the size of the tanks (about half the size). These are genuine canon inks. The tanks are easy to change on the printer. The ink dries a lot faster than I remember the Epson inks drying. Photo prints and CD prints are excellent quality. I don't know if there are any decent alternatives to paying the exhorbitant prices that Canon demands but I'm goping to stick to genuine in future.

A little advice: dont change the ink as soon as you get a warning that the tank is running. There appears to be quite a bit more ink to be had. You can check when the ink has actually run out by running a jet test.

I marked the inks as 3 star simply because of the ridiculous price, and this is probably the best price on offer.
66 comments|66 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 30 June 2011
Got these cartridges at a good price (compared to other suppliers of the same product) with speedy delivery. Canon quality and performance as expected, it's just the size of the cartridges is so tiny you have to buy them too often! Why on a printer the size of the MG8150 you have a set of miniature cartridges is beyond me, apart from the obvious cynical conclusion. The printer itself is capable of stunning results, especially on good photo paper, come on Canon, make it cost effective to use it and give us more ink!
11 comment|63 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 17 October 2012
Returned order - Arrived promptly enough but wasn't as shown on webpage. They are not individually boxed items but unpackaged cartridges which come in a plain white box with no markings. No way of telling whether they are genuine Canon inks or what the use by date is. Very disappointed but at least Amazon refunded cost without a problem.
on 3 February 2011
I was going to buy this cartridge some months ago but was put off by the negative review, but later thought I'd give it a go. I'm glad I did, because what arrived was a genuine Canon ink cartridge, all sealed up in plastic as are the originals which you'd buy in the shops. The only thing missing was a box. But if you're reading this thinking well it must be dodgy because it doesn't come in a box then just go to the shops and you'll get exactly the same cartridge but for an extra £4 you'll get a nice box which you can put in your cardboard recycling!
With everything so expensive these days this ia a good saving and I'll certainly be using them all the time from now on.
on 4 June 2014
Perhaps I have been unlucky compared to other reviewers but I have been scammed.

I have purchased discounted Canon previously and they arrived in the sealed Canon pouch just like on the shelf at John Lewis and in the photograph, It was different this time.....

Arrived in plain carton with no invoice, no identity of supplier or any paperwork at all. NOT as photographed in Canon packaging but in cellophane packets. They look like Canon cartridges but are not shrink wrapped like Canon originals and the removable tabs are not like Canon originals. Yellow cartridge was leaking into the packet so I now have stained hands.

I should have known that when a price is too good to be true it is because it IS TOO GOOD TO BE TRUE.

DON'T FALL FOR THIS.
on 26 July 2011
seems to me that if you buy originals at this price, refills are not worth it. For this printer you will pay through the nose at PC World, Staples etc but buy from here and there is nothing to worry about and the difference is just a quid or two - job done.

Job done!
on 19 August 2013
Got this as a present for my wife for our anniversary. Am so excited, I think she will love it. Life does not get much more exciting than this.

Was delivered the next day, now all gift-wrapped and ready for tonight's romantic dinner.

[Edit] She left me. Thanks, Canon.
on 26 October 2011
This is the second time that I have dealt with this company. I find it difficult to beat on price for a genuine set of Canon inks. Delivery is free if you are not in a mad rush for the product, the trick is to order before you run out, then you are not waiting. I will most likely deal with them again, I have no complaints with product or delivery.
on 7 March 2013
Excellent quality but they just don't last that long. Hence one star down.

The inks are not used up at the same rate: so the 525 black runs out first, then the cyan, then the magenta, then yellow then 526 black. This means that you'll only buy multi-packs some of the time, and at other times individual inks.

Printer manufacturers have to recover the real cost of printers through the high priced inks, rather like a mobile phone contract pays for the phone as well as the usage. (My MG5250 was £50, with inks included.) And the average monthly cost of the inks is about the same as a mobile contract as well. We are really part-renting our printers.
on 4 November 2011
This is my second purchase of set of 6 genuine Canon cartridges for my Canon MG8150 and once again they were sent well within the agreed time limit. This company may not be the cheapest around but, from my experience to date, I can say that their service is excellent.