4.0 out of 5 stars great product, just wish canon weren't so tight!
Published on 30 Jun 2011 by Designer Dave

3.0 out of 5 stars More expensive than gold
I used to have an Epson photo printer until it finally 'gummed up' after about 6 years. I strongly suspect that switching to non-manufacturer inks was responsible for the gumming up.

Published on 1 Jan 2012 by Greybeard

3.0 out of 5 stars More expensive than gold, 1 Jan 2012

The inks for my new Canon MG6150 printer appear cheaper than similar Epson inks until you see the size of the tanks (about half the size). These are genuine canon inks. The tanks are easy to change on the printer. The ink dries a lot faster than I remember the Epson inks drying. Photo prints and CD prints are excellent quality. I don't know if there are any decent alternatives to paying the exhorbitant prices that Canon demands but I'm goping to stick to genuine in future.

A little advice: dont change the ink as soon as you get a warning that the tank is running. There appears to be quite a bit more ink to be had. You can check when the ink has actually run out by running a jet test.

I marked the inks as 3 star simply because of the ridiculous price, and this is probably the best price on offer.

4.0 out of 5 stars great product, just wish canon weren't so tight!, 30 Jun 2011
Got these cartridges at a good price (compared to other suppliers of the same product) with speedy delivery. Canon quality and performance as expected, it's just the size of the cartridges is so tiny you have to buy them too often! Why on a printer the size of the MG8150 you have a set of miniature cartridges is beyond me, apart from the obvious cynical conclusion. The printer itself is capable of stunning results, especially on good photo paper, come on Canon, make it cost effective to use it and give us more ink!

5.0 out of 5 stars Genuine canon ink cartridge, 3 Feb 2011
I was going to buy this cartridge some months ago but was put off by the negative review, but later thought I'd give it a go. I'm glad I did, because what arrived was a genuine Canon ink cartridge, all sealed up in plastic as are the originals which you'd buy in the shops. The only thing missing was a box. But if you're reading this thinking well it must be dodgy because it doesn't come in a box then just go to the shops and you'll get exactly the same cartridge but for an extra 4 you'll get a nice box which you can put in your cardboard recycling!
With everything so expensive these days this ia a good saving and I'll certainly be using them all the time from now on.

2.0 out of 5 stars Not as shown, 17 Oct 2012
Returned order - Arrived promptly enough but wasn't as shown on webpage. They are not individually boxed items but unpackaged cartridges which come in a plain white box with no markings. No way of telling whether they are genuine Canon inks or what the use by date is. Very disappointed but at least Amazon refunded cost without a problem.

5.0 out of 5 stars Canon CLI 526 multi pack, 28 Nov 2010
I ordered and received a Canon Multi Pack 526 which arrived in the correct packaging not in a plastic bag as the previous reviewer stated was in his case.

5.0 out of 5 stars Canon Inks for MG5151 printer, 23 Feb 2011
Compatible inks not yet available for the MG5151, These seem to be the cheapest genuine inks I've found and delivery was prompt.

5.0 out of 5 stars Original Canon Cartridges, 18 Oct 2011
Original Canon cartridges as described. I much prefer to use original cartridges in my Canon printer, which I love. Arrived quickly and were well packaged.

4.0 out of 5 stars Packaging with product, 22 Mar 2012
I suspect that the absence of the illustrated packaging is to reduce postage costs. I have received genuine Canon cartridges like these in the past (loose and in a jiffy bag) and have had no problems and I am just about to order the same again.

5.0 out of 5 stars To Print or Not to Print, 5 Feb 2012
Yes I agree with the previous reviewer.They do seem expensive at the time of buying.
They have only lasted about four months but I have done lots of printing b/w and colour .
I think it works out to approx 3.00 per week.I certainly wish they cost less but they do a good job so have just bought another set .

3.0 out of 5 stars It's grey, 4 Jan 2012
What can you say, it's a grey ink cartridge!
I don't know if using a 6-colour printer, with two blacks and a grey, makes for better colour reproduction, or if it's the newer print engine that makes it better?
Easy to install, the little red LED let's you know it's in properly.
Not cheap, but then again it's 6 separate cartridges, so at least you won't be chucking other colour ink away, when the Grey runs out.

ARRAY(0xa2b71c30)