4.0 out of 5 stars Good read
I really enjoyed this novel. It captured my attention right from the start, the different perspectives that the author takes on are well-written. I did kind of want a more definite conclusion, but that is just me
Published on 27 Jun 2012 by R. Marnane

3.0 out of 5 stars Good story but fell short
This was an interesting book with the action well told and paced but some things don't add up: like the present day murderer killing his abuser on the same day he abducts children, even though he has been watching them for weeks but only now is he free to go out without his own abductor knowing.

For all that, I enjoyed the book and would like to read more by...
Published 11 months ago by V

4.0 out of 5 stars Good read, 27 Jun 2012
R. Marnane (London, UK) - See all my reviews

5.0 out of 5 stars Dismember, 20 May 2011
This review is from: Dismember (Kindle Edition)
I've been wracking my brain trying to remember if I've ever read something like this before. I think I must have, but nothing comes to mind. "Dismember" was presented as suspense, and it has all the elements of a suspense novel, yet it also has a horror element I wasn't anticipating. This is similar to the way J.A. Konrath mixes a little horror into his police procedurals in the "Jack Daniels" series. I'd have guessed I wouldn't like this combination. Not the first time I've been wrong.

Pyle also strayed from the stereotypical in his characterization, making the villain sympathetic. I wanted him captured before anyone (or anyone else) was hurt. There was no excuse for his actions, yet I couldn't help feeling compassion for him.

Pyle's writing style is entertaining and at times amusing as I wondered, "How did he come up with that line." One of my favorites was describing a mountain road as, "curvier than a Parkinson's patient's question mark." Another time one of the characters was risking an injury to her hand, "not thinking website design might be a little tricky with only a left paw and a mangled claw."

The story is action packed and never bogs down. A typical suspense novel slowly builds tension over the course of the story, peaking near the end. "Dismember" builds to a peak, then backs off and lets the tension build again as it takes you on a rollercoaster ride of emotion.

**Originally written for "Books and Pals" book blog.**

4.0 out of 5 stars Happy Families?, 17 Jan 2011
momz (Chester, Cheshire) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Dismember (Kindle Edition)
WoW, finished this book in one sitting. The premise is unique, what do you do when your family is wiped out? Simple,replace them!
The story evolves around a 7yr old boy who's family is wiped out in a freak car accident.Rescued by a lone backwoodsman who raises him as a son under very twisted circumstances,Dave grows into an adult longing for his "family" and a normal life.

The writing is taut and the plot relentless,the author even makes you "feel" for Dave as he goes about re-structuring his family. All in all an excellent read that keeps you on the edge of your seat.Look forward to reading more from this author soon.

3.0 out of 5 stars Good story but fell short, 29 Sep 2013
V "moodswinger" (Tunbridge Wells, Kent) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Dismember (Kindle Edition)

For all that, I enjoyed the book and would like to read more by this author.

4.0 out of 5 stars Dismember, 15 Sep 2013
This review is from: Dismember (Kindle Edition)
Gripping from start to finish although i think i would of rathered a lighter ending. But i would definitely read more books by this author.

4.0 out of 5 stars In the vein of Jack Ketchum, 21 Feb 2011
sam (Saudi Arabia) - See all my reviews
3.5

In the vein of Jack Ketchum but just not quite in the same league. Not far behind though.

Enjoyed this read and was not, as some were, disappointed by the ending. Sometimes happy endings just don't happen and felt this was an appropriate ending which could have the potential for a sequel but I'm not sure that a sequel was the intention of the author. However, I would like to read it if there is one !

Dismember