on 5 April 2012
Loved the heroine Marsye and the hectic thrilling and authenticly quirky characters that surround her in Mudbug. Happy to ogle luc and gasp at Helena her outrageous dead mother in law who won't stop haunting and hounding her. Explosions. Cats who can out fight Alligaters and Elusive mystical swamp cures are just the start in the shocking. suprising and sexy book that you will not be able to put down. cannot wait to read more Spookily enchanting. Brilliant Author.
on 30 January 2011
This is a really enjoyable book to read. A bit of chick lit and mystery combined into one. The writer takes you on a funny journey with lots of twists and turns that I did not see coming. With the added extra of having a ghost involved this a quite a unique story that was very humerous and entertaining.

A nice easy read by an author that I will be looking out for in the future.
on 29 January 2013
I gave this four stars instead of three because despite the faults, I actually really enjoyed reading this, enough to download the sample of the second in the series to see if the style continues to the same level (it doesn't always, trust me).

The problem I had with this is that it doesn't seem to know what genre to belong to. The vast majority of the story is a lighthearted supernatural crime mystery. There's a pinch of romance thrown in too for good measure, and then suddenly blam! A scene of detailed erotica that wouldn't have been out of place in a certain monochromatically-titled book. Fortunately it was only one scene, and took just over two pages, but I did not see it coming and it rather detracted from where the story was going.

The end of the story felt slightly rushed; a shame considering the nice pacing throughout the earlier part of the book. Almost all the loose-ends were nicely tied up at the end, leaving a nice little sequel-hook. This was done sufficiently well enough that I was satisfied by conclusion presented, and could happily leave it at that without downloading #2.

The characters were likeable - even the unlikeable ones - and the basic concept was intriguing and didn't disappoint. If I had any problem with the character development it was with the slightly unnecessarily detailed back-stories that felt a bit crow-barred in at the end.

So it's a bit of a hodge-podge. But an entertaining and enjoyable hodge-podge. I'm looking forward to reading the next one, with the potential to buy if the gamble pays off.
on 25 April 2012
Really enjoyed this with a like-able heroine and lots of interesting strands to the story. My criticism would be that there were some loose ends left, and that you need to get the next book in the series to find out what happens next. I like to get the next book because I enjoyed a story so much, not feel that I have to get it for an ending.
on 3 May 2012
I downloaded this book, because it was a freebie and the reviews were good. But I enjoyed reading this book so much that I have now purchased the other 5 books by Jana and have already finished the three books for this story and have started a fourth book and that is within a week! The story is gentle and charming and I didn't want to put them down.

Helena is a fantastic character, who seems to enjoy her life more after her death, then when she was alive. She provides some really funny lines and you can't help but like her and want for her to have a happy ending. The other main characters in this 1st book are Maryse and Luc, they add to its charm and make this book a chick lit with mystery. I also liked that you are introduced to some of the other characters from the other two books, and fact that some of the characters continued though to the end of Book 3.
on 25 May 2013
I really enjoyed this book so much that I quickly read the next 2 books to complete the trilogy, there was humour, little bit of sex, romance, mystery and lots of excitement with twists and turns some were predictable but didn't stop my enjoyment. And not forgetting the ghost who had me laughing out loud at some of her antics. I had never read anything from Jana Deleon before but I would now say that she was a firm favourite of mine and I will read more of her books in the future
on 4 July 2012
I really enjoyed this book, its a great quick lighthearted read that has a really fun and quirky story that keeps you amused. It only took me a couple of hours to read, It would be a fantastic book to read on holiday while on the beach or on the plane which is what I was supposed to do but I wanted an easy going read recently and temptation won,but I will be getting the next books in the series and save them for my holiday knowing they will be good. The story is very clever with some nice twists along the way and the ending leaves you wanting to start the next one immediately. I will be watching this author in the future for more good reads.
on 30 May 2013
I enjoyed reading this book, it was gritty but light hearted and hard to put down. Excellent story line.
Suitable for over 16s as some sex in the story.
Looking forward to reading more tales from Mudbug.
on 8 September 2012
A great mystery that had me thinking who and how all the way through. The added ghost and sometimes comic writing had me giggling more than once.

I'm a reader that would generally look at a book cover and think "nope - not for me." But, figured as a free download "why not!" and I'm glad I did. I was hooked from the first scene which made me laugh out loud, and I quickly devoured the rest.

Already recommended to other family members with ereaders and kindles as a good read.
on 10 September 2012
This was a free download and what a fun read it was, I laughed out loud at some of the antics of the ghostly Mother in Law, as she went through the process of Learning to be a ghost. There is just enough romance to keep you interested and many little twists and turns to get you thinking, I would certainly reccomend this as a holiday read, it's a fun and gentle story with just enough danger to liven things up, needless to say....I bought the rest of the series ...