Format: MP3 Download|Change
Price:£7.99

on 30 October 2010
I sampled this when it came out and forwarded the link to a fellow smooth jazz fan without telling him what my impressions were. His verdict was pretty well identical to mine. Far too many vocal tracks (in this context, I prefer none), a few very obviously written by Chuck Loeb that might simply have been lifted straight from one of his own albums, whilst the rest is just formulaic stuff written to order for yet another Fourplay album. It really isn't any more exciting or original than that, I'm sorry to have to say.

They should have called it a day after Journey (2004), which is okay but treads no new ground. That was the last Fourplay album I felt inclined to buy, owning as I do all those preceding it. For much better work, I suggest Elixir (the last one with Lee Ritenour), Snowbound and Yes, Please! Apart from a few typically duff vocal tracks here and there, those three are all great and, as far as I'm concerned, represent the best output from this undeniably talented smooth jazz supergroup (assuming you subscribe to the idea that such an entity can exist).

There are only a few albums by any of them since 2004 that I'd recommend with any great enthusiasm, starting with Bob James' mostly excellent Urban Flamingo from 2006. Chuck Loeb's In A Heartbeat (2001), All There Is (2002) and Presence (2007) are all pretty good, as are most of his albums with Metro (though the last one, Metro Express, is a bit ho, hum). Chuck Loeb's early albums on DMP, BTW, are all well worth checking out.

Though I have for many years been a big fan of all these guys, Let's Touch The Sky was swiftly jettisoned from my collection and is no more worthy of recommendation than its two predecessors. But that's just MHO ~ listen and decide for yourself.
on 1 April 2011
I have followed Fourplay since the very beginning and have found the last two or three albums to be bland. Individually these musicians are at the top of their respective games, but, now it seems when they are all put together, they can't quite seem to capture the success of early albums such as 'Heartfelt or Journey'. Shame really, but you are much better off searching out better stuff from the likes of Brian Simpson, Brian Culbertson or David Benoit to name a few.
on 1 March 2011
I have all the other Fourplay albums and while it might not be the best, it still is a very good album. Chuck Loeb adds his flavour to an already succsessful recipe. What's not to like? Good involving tunes extremely well played.
on 17 May 2016
CD was perfect and music too ! Thanks to the Seller for the nice price !
on 13 February 2015
Beautifully produced. Compositions somewhat light and basic.