Format: DVD|Change

on 18 June 2011
The Best, takes all the best Zombie Movies and rolls them into a great series! I can't wait for the next series. If you loved "Dawn of the Dead" (1&2), "Day of the Dead" (2) then you'll love this one. Bring on the next one and hurry!
on 10 April 2013
I must admit that when Season 1 was on TV i wasn't that bothered,so when season 2 came on, i never watched an episode.
However, due to so much rubbish on in the evenings, i saw a trailer for season 3 and decided to give that a go. OH BOY, how glad was i.
So then i had to watch the earlier seasons..... did not disappoint at all, and no music either which tells us a scary moment is going to happen!!!!! This made each episode more tense. I sat and watched all episodes in days, hoping all survivors would make it.

You don't need any other zombie movie, just this, so George A Romero, your time is up!!!! Now have withdrawal symptoms until season 4 in october.... until then... season 1, 2 and 3 ......AGAIN!!!!!!
on 15 February 2015
Real edge of the seat stuff right from the start. It's not just a mindless zombie series because it actually has a great plot. Well many plots if we're being picky! It keeps you hooked right from the start. Not to be missed.
on 23 March 2012
I've been a fan of the comic books (collecting them for years), and this is based largely upon Issues #1 to #6. As a fan of the Comics, I was reluctant to pick up and this show and watch, though I am glad that I did. Robert Kirkman, changed around the story line a bit, which was a downside, but I guess this is something that a lot of writers do, when converting books, etc, to the screen.

Despite this, the show is still fantastic. I also believe that this is the first Zombie production to be filmed in HD, so the intricate details of the Walkers is superb. Makeup teams must have worked hours.

This is a must have for your collection. Looking forward to Season Two to come out on Blu-Ray.
on 29 October 2011
Never watched the series on the tele, so when i fancied a bit of Zombie I read the reviews and purchased this series. Wasn't dissapointed at all and can't wait till series 2 comes out
on 26 April 2014
After finishing Breaking Bad I didn't think id find anything as good. I was wrong!

Cant say I'm a massive fan of zombie films, but this has a great storey and FX. The 1st season was amazing and really set the scene. I'm half way through season 3 and it has kept up the tempo.

Please be warned this isn't for everyone. Its very graphic, with some hard to watch scenes (season 3 episode 4 comes to mind), but for me this is perfect. I hate TV programmes where they avoid killing main charters.

If you like apocalypse or end of world films / games (Fallout etc) then this is definitely for you.

Also recommend checking out the game which add to this.
on 29 March 2012
I love this series sooooo much and couldn't wait to get the box set. Being a single parent, money is tight and after reading reviews I decided to hang fire til I could afford the Region 1 box set as our UK box set has been cut too much. I ordered and my dvds arrived quite quickly BUT I had to pay an extra £11.05 customs charge on top of the original purchase price!!! This made the overall cost getting on for £30!! I could ill afford this extra and I am absulutely furious because while I'm sure it is stated SOMEWHERE in the small print that this was a possibility, IT SHOULD BE MADE VERY CLEAR AT THE TIME OF PURCHASE! Totally gutted and put off buying imports in the future!
on 27 October 2011
Seriously, who's idea is this? This is the 21st century not? It is the year 2011. Still someone thinks it is necessary to cut movies/series!!
Cut the gore from a Zombie movie! Great idea! This makes me so angry, adults being treated like 4 year olds.
on 2 January 2013
I did enjoy this series but I do think it could be improved. The episodes could've been made longer with more detail on the story and how the virius spread over America. Also I found the final episode could be improved such as the ending, it lacked gore, suspense and overall good dialouge. After finding out Series 2 had 13 episodes to the 6 episodes in Series 1. Also I read another what said " Do not buy the Region 2 version as it was cut heavily", finding out this left me dissapointed with my purchase. But my favourite episode was episode 4 as it had everything I wanted in a Zombie Horror Series. So my final verdict is, a good buy for zombie lovers and horror fans.
on 17 January 2015
Great series I was doubtful about the gory aspect but the story lines and characters balance this out. The writers take time to build the plot lines and character's speeches. I have now ordered series 2!