Format: Kindle Edition|Change
Price:£0.99

on 24 November 2013
This was a great story about a young Jewish girl which opens when she is almost six and the start of the Germans taking over Poland. It tells of the lack of being able to move freely, being moved to the ghetto, moving around in secret and hiding. At one point she was spending all day sitting in a cupboard with a piece of bread, having to be quiet in case she was found while her parents worked. Eventually she was rounded up with her family and sent to a camp. She tells of her fears when everyone had to have a shower and how she was looked after in the camps. She was moved around the camps and eventually the war ended and the story continues with how she survied after the war giving an idea of what life was like for thousands of displaced people.
on 30 September 2013
I completley enjoyed this book, it was almost unbelievable what a child could go through during those times and still come out the other side.
If you have an interest in this era then i recommend you read this
on 31 October 2013
Loved this book I could not put it down.
I am very interested in reading anything about world war 2. I have read many books on this subject.
on 18 September 2013
In parts was difficult because of the translation, however this didn't distract from the depth & emotions of a young girl remembering the holocaust. A brilliant book & brave, brave woman
on 5 September 2013
This book, written from memories of being a child from a Jewish family in wartime Poland, gripped me from the start and I found myself returning to read more whenever I could. The tragedy, pain and suffering that took place during Cipora's childhood is deeply moving and says so much more about the horrors of the war than my time in school history lessons could ever teach me.
on 8 September 2014
The treatment of the Jews, gypsies, and other undesirables by the Germans was disgraceful and inhumane which is why it is important that stories should be told so that it is not forgotten. We need to remember that this actually happened and also that it is still happening now. Prejudice is an ugly thing and it makes the person suffering from this handicap ugly. Sadly children had to see this prejudice first hand, something no child should ever have to experience. That some of them survived to tell us of this is our good luck. Thank you cipora for telling your story.
on 5 August 2013
This book is ok but I found it a long way to tell a story! I have read other books of this nature that are much better!
on 17 May 2015
What a harrowing account of a young girl's survival during the darkest days of Europe's history. It is so difficult for us today to fully appreciate the full deprivations of the Jewish people at the hands of the Germans but this book goes a good way to describing them. How this young child not only survived but also overcome so many tragedies and still went on to live her life to the fall is remarkable.
on 26 May 2014
This story is told without self pity, such a simple yet moving biography of one little girl's life during the second world war. This lady was just a small child when the atrocities of WW2 took place. She lived in a ghetto, witnessed more than most did, yet not once did she berate about the card she had been dealt. A truly wonderful read.
on 4 September 2013
First book I have read relating to the Holocaust from a child's point of view. Well written with attention to detail that makes the story come alive. Every aspect of the story gives the reader a sense of the horrors of the time without exaggeration or unnecessary drama. An excellent read for anyone interested in this time in history.