4.0 out of 5 stars Darlin' Druid, 30 Jan. 2012
This review is from: Darlin' Irish: Texas Devlins, Book Two (Kindle Edition)
My natural tendency is to shy away from both historical and western genres. "Darlin' Druid" combines both, along with a touch of something else, either supernatural or paranormal, depending on how you define these. I know why I have this tendency. It's because I don't think I'll be able to relate to a story so far removed from my own life and experiences. Yet I consistently find when I venture into new genres that the human experience, regardless of differences in time, geography, or even worlds, is often enough the same to draw me in. That was what I found in "Darlin' Druids."

In her bio, the author says she enjoys the historical research for her books. Although I'm not a history buff, through education and reading I've picked up a lot of the history of the time and areas where this novel takes place (primarily Chicago, Utah, and Texas) and the historical elements, including many subtle touches, all ring true. Another thing that will often throw me in a story that takes place in areas I'm familiar with is if they get a geographical detail wrong. Horner obviously did her research here, too.

All of this would be for naught if there weren't a good story here, but there is. It blends a compelling romantic story line, and all that implies, with a coming-of-age story line for the heroine, Jessie, and to a lesser degree, for the hero, David. Jessie's prophetic visions, which give "Darlin' Druid" its supernatural twist, serve as a plot device, by foreshadowing and also driving Jessie's decisions. Fans of historical romance and possibly even those who are into westerns, sans romance, should find much to like in "Darlin' Druid."

**Originally written for "Books and Pals" book blog. May have received a free review copy. **

5.0 out of 5 stars Wow, and again Wow !!, 28 Jan. 2012
This review is from: Darlin' Irish: Texas Devlins, Book Two (Kindle Edition)
This book was fantastic !! An absolutely wonderful read. The feisty, firey Irish gal and the hottie soldier. What a powerful combination these two were, I did not want the book to finish. Highly, highly recommended.
I was given this book for an honest review, and it was my absolute pleasure to do so.

4.0 out of 5 stars Darlin' Druid, 27 Nov. 2012
This review is from: Darlin' Irish: Texas Devlins, Book Two (Kindle Edition)
I have already read the novella (White Witch) prequel to this and was intrigued by Jessie and Ty and where the storyline would take them.

I was not disappointed with this fast-paced and punchy romance novel - more of the romance, less on the paranormal. Jessie is a strong-willed individual who is prepared to make her own life and more importantly to actually work for it. David is an army officer who has a family rift due to the Civil War. Jessie has had a vision that David is the one for her and goes looking for him, expecting moonlight and roses. What she gets is something different!

I will definitely be getting Dashing Druid.

5.0 out of 5 stars Darlin Druids, 6 April 2011
This review is from: Darlin' Irish: Texas Devlins, Book Two (Kindle Edition)
Darlin' Druid is a wonderful, sweeping panoramic tale of the Old West -- covering mining, the railroads and cattle barons, if you love westerns, you will thoroughly enjoy this Texas story.
The characters are memorable and gutsy with fire in their veins and true love in their hearts, they will take your breath away with their individual stories and the saga of their finding true love together.
This is a must read for historical romance readers!

Hebby Roman
Multi-published romance author

5.0 out of 5 stars High class romance., 4 Sept. 2012
This review is from: Darlin' Irish: Texas Devlins, Book Two (Kindle Edition)
First of all I have to say that I never read westerns or historical novels. Why did I read this book then? Because I heard someone raving about it on Facebook and downloaded the sample. It was a no-brainer after that.

This story was so well written that as a reader you can't help but get involved in the story.
Jessie is a feisty girl who has a vision of the man she is to marry. But their first encounter has Jessie spitting feathers. It's not long before David comes to her rescue and risks his own life in the process.

This story has everything from sumptuous writing, stunning characters, great plotline with different elements including a supernatural twist.

Congrats on writing one of the best romances I've read this year, Lyn.

5.0 out of 5 stars An Absolute Must Read, 14 Aug. 2011
This review is from: Darlin' Irish: Texas Devlins, Book Two (Kindle Edition)
This was by far the best book I've read all year, quite possibly ever. This book has something for everyone. It is filled with romance, suspense, a historical element, and a paranormal element making it a must read for anyone who enjoys reading. I can't wait to read more from this author.