5.0 out of 5 stars Still Squeaking!
Published 18 months ago by Angela Davies

1.0 out of 5 stars not recommended for a strong dog
I have had 3 of these and the heads come off after about a week - they just aren't stitched on strongly enough - very disappointed as my dog really liked his rabbit but I won't be buying anymore - I'll stick to the normal Wubba's and the tugga Wubba double ended toy as they are much more robust
Published on 28 Dec. 2012 by J SEGAR

1.0 out of 5 stars not recommended for a strong dog, 28 Dec. 2012
J SEGAR (Luton, Bedfordshire United Kingdom) - See all my reviews

5.0 out of 5 stars Still Squeaking!, 31 Dec. 2013
Angela Davies (Scotland) - See all my reviews
I bought this in March and since then it's been out in all weathers, it's been carried, thrown, shaken and chewed on a daily basis, some of the stuffing has been removed by crows pecking at it and it's undergone emergency repairs. It still has its squeak and my dog loves it though maybe it's about time it was retired. My dog is mostly collie and though he gives a toy a good workout, he's not a toy destroyer and considering this toy is usually left out in the garden, it's lasted pretty well. I would say that it's not quite as tough as the Kong Wubba which is basically the same toy but without the animal design, personally I love the cute animal faces, but I get the feeling my dog doesn't really care about these details. The weak point seems to be the 'neck' so if your dog is a ferocious shaker that's where it's going to come adrift first.

To sum up, I would say that it's reasonably robust and weatherproof, the squeak lasts a long time but needs strong jaws to squeak it, it's heavy enough to be easily thrown. It's a shame you can't choose the colour, I've had the pink one (lost in a river) and the orange one (the subject of this review) and both were bright enough to find in the long grass. I haven't found any other outdoor toys that last as long as the wubbas and will definitely buy it again. I would recommend it for dogs that don't have a mission to kill off their toys as soon as they get them.

3.0 out of 5 stars Enjoyed, but not for long!, 11 Oct. 2011
Richard Fisher (Swindon, Wiltshire, UK) - See all my reviews
This was bought for a Jack Russell who's destructive nature has been thwarted by using Kong Wubba toys, until now! Sadly, whilst she enjoyed the toy when we gave it to her, this is the first of the Kong Wubba type toys that she has managed to completely destroy. It started with the ears (she had the pink Hippo) but soon went further until only the outer skin was left. We won't be replacing with the same and will have to try something else.

5.0 out of 5 stars happy puppy, 6 Aug. 2012
got this for my dog who chases it chucks it about and chews it, i have had to order another one as its so good

3.0 out of 5 stars Not as tough as it looks, 7 Jan. 2013
Got this for my lab and springer spaniel they had it 30 min and the ear ripped expected more from kong.

2.0 out of 5 stars Kong Wubba Ballistic Friend, Large, 25 Mar. 2013
We have a Patterdale Terrier who managed to rip this item apart in less than 2 minutes. We are however left with the ball. From the write up I expected it to last quite a while longer. A very dissapointed customer.

3.0 out of 5 stars Maybe not the toy for an Alaskan Malamute, 8 Jan. 2013
We bought this toy for my 21 month old Malamute, as she loves Kong stuff, She just adores squeaky things, but being a malamute these things tend to not last very long. we get 5 minutes of squeaking and then clunk no more squeak. Whilst this toy lasted about half an hour squeak wise, she managed to rip open the top part and pull out all of the stuffing within around 10-15 minutes. So all in all the toy had lasted maybe an hour max. We have always used Kong as they seem more sturdy and robust. But was quite disappointed about the length of time this one lasted, so back once again to try and hunt down the ultimate indestructible squeaky toy "Big Sigh" x

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic quality! Finally a toy my dogs can truly enjoy for more than a few hours!, 8 Jan. 2015
I have 3 gorgeous and super playful Staffs and I placed an order for 3 of these Kong Wubba toys (and received 3 different characters; rabbit, tiger, monkey) which was brilliant. The dogs absolutely LOVED them. Normally all toys are destroyed within hours and leave a huge mess but these toys have amazingly managed to stay more or less in tact :-) The front of the faces came off within the first few days but the rest still looks as new and my dogs enjoy the texture and details of the toy as well. A very worthy product, super pleased :-)

5.0 out of 5 stars amazing products amazing value!, 19 Dec. 2014
I order this for my 'shichon' so he is a small dog. I typed in a hurry Kong wubba and found these. My dog has had one of these from the day I bought him (he's been with us around 14 months.) So I know just how great these are as he soon breaks all other toys within 5 minutes. These however are massive (thinking I ordered a small!) so he will have some fun with these! The size of his head! Such amazing value! So much cheaper than pets at home! I would most most certainly recommend these for all dogs who love to tug and chew!

4.0 out of 5 stars Cute & tough, nearly indestructible toy, 12 July 2011
I have an English Bull Terrier with very sharp teeth. The Wubba range of toys are his favourite and are more indestructible than most. The multi-layered multi-stitched fabric makes the toy tough enough to withstand chewing from sharp teeth and tugging while playing. They last a lot longer than other soft toys. After previously buying 2 regular shaped wubba toys I thought that the animal friends would make a nice change. I received the Rabbit wubba which is cute and my dog seemed more interested in the unusual shape. It is made of the same strong material and high quality stitching as the normal wubba however, I did find that, because the rabbit has a nose and ears, these are extra extremities for my dog to chew on and didn't hold up as well against the sharp teeth. I would definitely order more of these though. Tough, interesting, nearly indestructible toy. Great for playing drop and fetch games.

Kong Wubba Ballistic Friend, XL