5.0 out of 5 stars Booooooom, 21 May 2011
This review is from: Kingston SSD V+100 96GB SATA2 2.5inch bundle (Personal Computers)
Its so fast that it types before I even press the keys on the keyboard.. :)

Ok the packaging is good and as small as it needs to be. Fitting it was no problem it took like 10 minutes at most. You have the option to basically 'clone' your old drive, but I dont think youd have a hard drive this small in size which would enable you to clone it. So I opted for a fresh copy on the drive and my baby is flying :p.

It makes a huge impact on performance. Its price has fallen like 50 pounds since I bought it and I am so pleased I am thinking of buying a second one. Installing stuff is much faster, overall responsiveness is probably even better than my imac. It starts up as fast as an imac too now. so basically as soon as I log in to windows I am ready to start working no more waiting for the system to login.

I dont know what else to say. This is definately going to become the next standard for storage once it becomes a bit cheaper. However, as I said even now its worth it!!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing value, 12 Sept. 2011
J. W. Worth - See all my reviews
Bought one of these for a 5 year old Acer Aspire with an AMD 2.2 processor - machine was still good but performance/responsiveness with Office 2010/Windows 7 Home Premium left a little to be desired.

The bundle is great value - with the Acronis software and USB Caddy included:

1) Put the the SSD into the USB caddy and connect to a spare USB port on the PC
2) Change the boot sequence of the PC that the SSD is due to be installed on to CD ROM as the 1st disk
3) Stick the Acronis CD (part of the kit) in the CD drive of the PC that the disk is due to be installed on and reboot
4) The Acronis app identifies the boot disk/partition and creates a perfect image on the SSD.
5) Take the SSD out of the caddy and install into the PC itself - I didn't bother with the supplied drive rails and attached the disk to the case side with some double-sided tape.

Job done - on paper these drives may not be the quickest out there in terms of data transfer rate but if I say that the Office 2010 apps open before you have released the mouse button you will have an idea of how quick they are.

Incredibly good value at sub £100 for 96gb.

5.0 out of 5 stars Top Marks, 1 July 2011
I was going to buy a new HP i7 595, this would have been £900.00 I have always been interested in SSHD but the prices were Too expensive, this is now cheep enough, my dual core 2006 HP loads in half the time smooth fast and a joy to run as it used to be, I have two 1T drives but these let me down in reliability and speed terms. I would recomend this upgrade to any one who needs to get back a reliable PC with little time taken to image/ clone the drive. I have used the software to upgrade existing drives, sample times a 250Gig drive in less that 3 hours, swap out the drive you copied and it boots. Sweet product.

5.0 out of 5 stars kingston v+96 gb ssd, 4 Nov. 2011
G. Griffin (cyprus) - See all my reviews
I bought the Kingston after some research because they are a well known company who offer a 3 year guarantee.It also seemed that along with Crucial and Intel the products were reasonably reliable.The 96 gb size and price tipped the scales Kingstons way.
I thought that in terms of installation the simplest task would be to physically install the ssd into my desktop.But their are no instructions and working out how to assemble the cradle to the ssd took ages. Once I sorted that out I had a problem fitting it into my computer because my spare sata leads would not reach.Kingston,however, supplied a molex to sata lead and I simply used that.
The cd supplied to clone the operating system would not boot.To do this I would have had to change the boot order in Bios. So I didnt bother. Given that I already have Acronis true image I used this to clone the operating system.(The supplied cd will still come in useful when I get around to fitting a ssd in my wifes laptop).This worked perfectly and after changing the hard disc boot order in Bios my system was up and running.All in all it took a couple of hours.
The ssd is quiet and the difference in speed over a mechanical disc is very noticeable. Everything seems so much faster. From switching on to fully loaded used to take 1 minute 20 seconds.The same thing now takes 45 seconds.
So I am very pleased with this product and give it 5 stars.
Lastly reviews for the Kingston suggest that its real world performance(rather than benchmarking tools)isnt so far away from many of the more expensive ssds.When I buy another only the Crucial M4 could tempt me away from the Kingston and that would be largely out of curiosity and a desire to sometimes try something different.

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazingly fast... and now cheap enough, 13 Jun. 2011
I've been thinking of an SSD boot drive for some time now but the cost has always been prohibitive for my home PC.

I've seen the prices falling recently but, considering my SATA boot drive is a 1TB disk, I thought I'd need a really massive SSD.

Anyway, I checked the amount of used space on my boot drive and was surprised to see that it amounted to less than 80GB so without hesitation I bought the 96GB upgrade kit.

Talk about money well spent. This thing flies now. Another reviewer said it "types the words before I think of them". Hyperbole of course but it really does seem fast enough to get close to instantaneous speeds.

Applications like Photoshop, CorelDraw and MS Office really do open quickly and work quickly.

I use Windows 7 so have access the the TRIM software which takes the special characteristics of SSDs into account but apparently, the Kingston software has an application which does the same for earlier operating systems.

Installation is simple as well. Connect like you would a standard SATA drive, boot from the Kingston disk and follow the instructions.

If you're like me and don't live on the bleeding edge of technology, this will be quite a jump to make but all I can do is highly recommend it. The cost is being recouped by me rapidly by the saving in time.

4.0 out of 5 stars Excellent bundle, great value., 25 Sept. 2011
The SSD Bundle comes with a set of mounting brackets and screws for them, a molex to SATA power adapter, a SATA cable, a hard drive enclosure for any SATA 2.5 Inch SATA or IDE and a USB cable for that enclosure.

For the price it was at, this is a vastly superior offering than any other SSD on the market at the moment especially in the SATA2 sector if you take into account the OCZ Vertex 2's poor reliability.
There is a noticeable increase in speed and though it isn't as dramatic as I hoped, definitely a better priced upgrade than anything else I could have done with my desktop by far. On a laptop I'd have to consider if I'd have enough room for data since after my basic installation I have 61GB free, though since I'm using a desktop, quite a bit of data is already on another internal drive.

The program that came on the disk to clone over the old hard drive failed for me as windows was then not bootable but it was so much faster to reinstall everything it wasn't much of a problem.

As I say, its the best value SSD for when I bought it, its performance is great though not as good as I'd have liked, the bundle is excellent and the only problem was the clone software didn't work properly so make sure you have your windows DVD handy.

5.0 out of 5 stars It just works, 26 Aug. 2011
Mr. Andrew Harrison (UK) - See all my reviews
Used this as a replacement for the standard SATA drive in a Lenovo T61. I used the acronis software to image my existing drive to the SSD. Pulled the existing drive replaced it with the SSD and everything just worked but a bit faster and with 10-20% better battery life. Great product

4.0 out of 5 stars Good but beware iastor issues!, 19 Nov. 2011
I have had this ssd installed for about 3 weeks and have been forced to format and reinstall win 7 64bit 3 times. My laptop is about a year old and of reasonable specification so I wanted to upgrade the hard drive. The process is quite simple however...afterwards my laptop became very unstable and no really noticeable gains in performance could be seen. In fact my windows index experience dropped from 6.2 to 4.4!!!! The problems do seem to be diminishing day by day as I search through various forums looking for answers to problems and downloading drivers or making changes to the sysyem registry.
In summary, it does work and applications do open quicker but be prepared for some possible frustration and some pc downtime while you resolve issues. Good luck.