5.0 out of 5 stars Fast Paced Intrigue
Published on 31 Aug 2010 by P91

1.0 out of 5 stars Honestly angry at the author
Having read the above comments after finishing the book, I am stunned that no-one else shares my view on this matter. This is not a stupid review written to put anyone off reading Vampire Labyrinth, but rather an honest reaction to what I thought is potentially the worst ending to anything I have ever read.

I completely agree with the good reviews posted before...
Published on 8 Mar 2011 by Delahoyhoy

5.0 out of 5 stars Fast Paced Intrigue, 31 Aug 2010
I finished this book in a day and a half despite the fact that I was involved in a holiday club and have three children and a husband to see to. This is one of those books that grips you at the first page and won't let go until the book has reached its conclusion. I think Jago is a superb character - courageous and strong, and I can't wait to see how his story progresses in the next book in the series. The Vampyre Labyrinth -Redeye is a fast paced action story with lots of intrigue, history and folklore. Those who enter the world of Jago Harker will not be disappointed, as my fourteen year old is soon to discover.

5.0 out of 5 stars A remarkably crafted tapestry of mystery, history, folklore and legend., 30 Aug 2010
I ploughed through this book faster than anything I've read this year...in fact, this passed decade. Neglecting kids, wife and clients until the last page was devoured.

The Vampyre Labyrinth is a remarkably crafted tapestry of mystery, history, folklore and legend. The characters are richly developed; friends and fiends being hard to distinguish at first mention.

I particularly love the way GP weaves his very down-to-earth, matter-of-fact scenes with supernatural characters and events. Characters make an appearance then vanish for time, leaving you wondering if and when they'll reappear, and how they'll influence the final outcome.

The plot constantly pulls you forward into the unknown and it maintains a thoroughly gripping storyline that never lets you feel any character is 'safe'. Numerous intriguing twists and turns unfold that may jolt your initial predictions into a different orbit.

I could say more... but don't want to give too much away. Just buy it - you won't be disappointed. And you may also find you have no further dilemmas over this years' Christmas presents. :)

5.0 out of 5 stars GP has done it again!!!, 13 Sep 2010
Vampires are the new cool!!! I am an avid fan and reader of GP Taylor's books and especially liked the ones set in Whitby - read Shadowmancer! As a primary school teacher I am always on the look out for a good book for children, especially boys. The desciption of the settings really take you there and you really feel part of the tense drama as the story unfolds. Once I started I couldn't put the book down and had to finish it. Many vampire stories are unsuitable for children as they deal with adult emotions. This book looks at friendship, loyalty and choosing the right path. The hero, Jago, is evacuated to Whitby - but the only child to do so. As he senses the incoming bombers in London, you know early on in the story that he is special. It is only as he arrives in Whitby and the story proceeds that you begin to discover that others know how special he is....especially to the Vampyre Quartet.

GP Taylor's books consider the fight between good and evil and as you read them you are praying for the heroes to overcome the fight. With the fast pace you are turning the pages to see the outcome and are never disappointed.

Can't wait till the next installment.
Well done GP - you have done it again!

5.0 out of 5 stars This book will "suck you in"!, 8 Sep 2010
I've been following GP Taylor's work for some time. He's a master storyteller. In this book, you get so in to it that you can feel and smell the cobbles beneath your feet in the middle of a cold dark night... It's incredibly spooky and heaps of fun. It's not your average vamp book that is coming out these days. This story in intertwined with history and places that make it more believable and a bit more gritty. Set in war-time England, there is so many elements that add to the story and the main character, Jago, is a real treat; the unlikely hero. Kids and adults alike will love this. You don't have to be a fantasy buff to enjoy GP's work - somehow he has a way of pulling any reader in!

5.0 out of 5 stars A Must Read For All, 3 Sep 2010
One word describes this book - AMAZING!

Instead of 'cashing in' on the latest Vampire trend GP has produced a unique and exciting read. He is capable of writing prose that takes you through all the senses including taste and smell!

As a major Mariah Mundi fan I was eager to experience the tales of Jago & Biatra, and was not disappointed. Like MM the Vampyre Labyrinth series are a real explosion to the imagination.

Read this book and count down the days to the publish date of part 2 - DustBlood!

4.0 out of 5 stars Grew up on GP Taylor, 7 Jun 2012
This review is from: Vampyre Labyrinth: RedEye (Kindle Edition)
So I write this review as a 24 yr old reader who grew up reading G P Taylors books and still hold the little flame for them even though I know they are written mainly for younger audiences.

But all that makes for a book that is a quick read and still manages to tap into my childish side that likes read about vampires and such. The one really good thing about G P Taylor is that I don't find him partonising. Alot of authors for young teens will write how they think people should read them, not how they will be read. By avoiding this mistake G P Taylor doesn't feel like his is treating his young readers like idiots but like people who just love a good book!

Will continue to read G P Taylor as long as he continues to write.

1.0 out of 5 stars Honestly angry at the author, 8 Mar 2011

I completely agree with the good reviews posted before mine. I was captivated from the moment I read the first page until I finished reading the last words. G.P. Taylor's writing style (and especially his character detail) is exceptional.

However the end of the book made me so angry that I had to come online and see if other people shared my views. Everything leading to the end of the story still had me turning pages like there was no tomorrow. But the ending explained nothing of what was needed to tie all the loose ends together. It feels like he simply ran out of time and said, "You know what, this'll do." Thats honestly what it feels like.

What annoys me most is that I enjoyed the rest of the book.

And another thing is that even if he was planning to release this as a series when he wrote this book, the least he could do was end this one well. I'm generally a huge fan of long series, but something that makes me want to read on to the next in the series is a good ending.

So..... after my little rant, what I will say is this: If you want a really good, but very unfinished and unsatisfying read, please buy Vampyre Labyrinth.

Vampyre Labyrinth: RedEye