4.0 out of 5 stars Veho VCC-005-MUVI-HD10 Action Camera

Published on 16 Jun 2011 by Mr. David J. O'Donohue

3.0 out of 5 stars hmmmmmmmmmm.................
Published 11 months ago by Brian

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

4.0 out of 5 stars Veho VCC-005-MUVI-HD10 Action Camera, 16 Jun 2011
This review is from: Veho VCC-005-MUVI-HD10 Muvi HD 1080p Mini Handsfree Camcorder with Remote Control and Wide Angle Lens (4GB Memory Card) (Electronics)

Well, I have had this little camera a short time now, out off the box, charged it up with a usb lead(built in rechargable battery and so far have had just over 5 hours life though average has been just over 4 hours), included are several different mounting options, also too note was that even though the foot and mount is different to my GoPro the actual way they mount to the foot is similar, so you can bolt/screw these to existing GoPro mounts or vice-versa, the ones supplied are very good, not as loose as the GoPro mounts(these require an accessory to be a tight fit)also the mounts are made of a softer material making them a little more flexible for fitting to things and helps to reduce vibrations.

The camera has a nice feel in the hand with the soft coating, at first I thought it looked little cumbersome but actually does sit nicely in the hand. It is very easy too use, has a nice touch sensitive panel on the back, basically point and shoot, nice wide angle without to much distortion(less than the GoPro)you can turn date stamp on or off, adjust the definition, ie 720p will give you a digital zoom 5x, 1080 doesn't. I like the proper on/off switch. Using the remote( which I think is the radio type and needs syncing to use) you can take photos as well as video not at the same time though. Picture quality is excellent, in low light can be a bit fizzy but this is normal for this type of camera, hold it steady though as there is no stabilisation again on par with this type of camera. I have used this in my pocket(as like poking out the top pocket, walking along apart from my foot-fall judder, was an acceptable record) and on my motorbike(showed a bit of judder but that was due to the vibes from the V2 engine) and push bike also used whilst walking the dogs. Viewing is better on HD computer screens and TV's, utube seems to rape the video so doesn't look so good, best to edit on 'puter before download. Does tend to expose for the surroundings, blowing(overexposing) highlights on occasion(sky/clouds).

The camera has a standard tripod mount on the bottom, so you can put on the likes of mini tripods like the gorilla pod and place anywhere.

Also has sound activation over 65db.

Seems to have a non stick coating on the lens, dirt seems very easy to remove with a damp cloth and doesn't appear to scratch that easy, even though it would with abuse I'm sure, rattling round in my pocket hasn't harmed it.

I am quite fussy with my gadgets and highly recommend this camera, would have been 5 stars with the improvements, far cheaper than the other alternatives, I also have a GoPro and this camera is as good if not better if you consider the remote, though not tested with an underwater housing yet, still waiting for that to arrive.

Improvements? Optical Zoom and stabilisation, these would increase the price though. Could do with an option to turn the tally light out, and option to turn the view-screen off as this would extend the battery life further.

I have had contact with support(concerning the housing not the device, this has worked faultlessly), don't expect an immediate reponse then you will not be dissapointed, though, this has improved immensely since first contact and have been very helpful.

Remember this is not a bells and whistle video camera(I have one of those and it isn't exactly pocketable also I own a DSLR which also records video again very bulky), but a neat action camera that without the housing(until it arrives)can be used to great effect(I keep this in my "man bag" all the time), just not when it rains though(unless you have a housing), in a light shower you would probably be OK if you didn't get it soaked, though not tried it!!

All in a great little video camera.

5.0 out of 5 stars Muvi HD10, Top Cam!, 25 Jun 2012
This review is simple, BUY ONE, you will not regret, this camera is more than expected, good mounts, nice unit, easy to use, Excellent quality footage....5 star!

3.0 out of 5 stars hmmmmmmmmmm................., 7 Aug 2013
I bought this camcorder in June for the sole purpose of recording sea kayaking and surfing trips. I used it three times with the water proof case and I found it to be very good. The picture quality was excellent and overall I had no complaints however, I was out surfing last Sunday and things took a bit of a turn for the worse! I had the device in its waterproof case, mounted on the deck of my boat with the mounting kit that is specific to watersports. I hit record on the remote control and the light was blinking to indicate that it was recording. I was on the water for three hours and had some pretty decent surf so I was looking forward to reviewing the footage. I got home and I rigged up the camera to the laptop as the device needed to be charged and I left it there for an hour. Got back turned it on and nothing, unit was totally dead not a dicky out of it. I tried charging it for another while but to no avail so I was left without any footage and now a camcorder that does not work!! There was no water penetration or anything, it appears to have given up the ghost.
I contacted Amazon, who as always helped out no end. I have taken a replacement which I should have tomorrow. I am hoping that this is just a once off/bad batch possibly. I do feel that that this is a great camera and a good alternative to the pricy Go-pro devices. I will update the review once I put the replacement to the test…………..let’s see how it goes as I genuinely feel that this camcorder deserves 5 stars!

5.0 out of 5 stars Veho vcc-005-muvi hd 1080 camers, 27 Dec 2013
This is a brilliant camera for cyclist to use along with the new veho charge an record cable powered from a veho pebble smart stick fitted into your rear pocket gives you 7.5 hours recording.

3.0 out of 5 stars OK but jerky, 28 Mar 2013
The camera kit was fine. Robust with plenty of mounting options. Picture is pretty good except in low light conditions. Sound a little eccentric. However my main gripe is that (at least on the 1080 setting I used) the video jerks slightly about every second. At first you don't notice but then it becomes increasingly irritating. I may be returning the camera in case it's a fault with this particular unit.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great value for money., 12 Jun 2013
This little camera produces very good quality film and the remote works very well. Great value for money. I recommend it.

5.0 out of 5 stars An excellent piece of kit, 24 Mar 2013
I bought this as I wanted an HD Video for use on a forthcoming motorcycle trackday. Having decided that the Go-Pro was the benchmark, but feeling unable to justify the purchase price as I was unsure how much use the camera would get I opted the Muvi after a lot of desk based research and looking at clips on You Tube and have not been disappointed, the quality of the unit and the numerous attachments has been first class. After it stopped recording after circa 20 minutes at the highest resolution on a trial run with the supplied 4GB Card I installed a 32GB Micro SD Card which has worked perfectly. The Video output has been perfect for my needs, as is the continuous camera shot function which automatically shot every 2 seconds giving circa 360 photos per session on track. Only negatives are that the interface is not completely intuitive (i.e. the continuous shooting option resets when the camera is turned off and needs to be selected every time the camera is switched on) but once I realised this was soon grasped. I am completely happy with this purchase.

4.0 out of 5 stars A good camera, within its known limitiations, 20 Mar 2013
Paul Elkington (Leeds UK) - See all my reviews
I'll be brief, many other reviewers have had a good go, there do seem to be some mistakes in reviews...

1. The camera is full HD, but has two modes, 1080 and 720. There is no zoom in 1080 mode, but a 3x digital zoom on 720

2. The isn't a flash, nor an image stabilizer, but I bought my camera for 105, so you get what you pay for

3. You CAN turn off the screen, by pressing and holding the record button, this does however LOCK the camera and turn off the screen, so you need to press record before you do it. You can't use any function will the screen is off, but the camera will continue to record if you have set it to do so

4. You cannot record and charge the unit at the same time, if you plug the unit in to charge, it switches to charge. So the 2 to 3 hours battery you get is all you get. (Possibile you can record & charge if you have connected to a suitable windows PC, but I'm a MAC man, so can't test)

5. Unit is rugged, but not dust, water or sandproof. Probably would survive a rain shower.

6. The camera comes with an unbelievable array of clips, connectors, stands etc, about 19 in my pack, all good entertainment to work out how they function.

7. The remote control is very basic :-)

8. The tripod mount is metal, which is nice, if you've ever broken a camera with plastic ones you'll understand.

Overall a good toy, and more usable in "rough and tumble" situations than my lovely big panasonic.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great cam, 2 Jan 2012
Great camcorder
I was really impressed with this, I had a bullet cam before but found this bulky to carry around. I upgraded to this cam. Pros; Good price, lightweight, 4hrs record time; i guess longer if you add an external battery pack and that remote is great. Cons; its not water proof, the instructions are useless but if you play about with it you be ok and internal battery.

4.0 out of 5 stars Amazing little Camera, 3 Aug 2011
To start with, this camera for me is perfect apart from a couple of small details. When I was first looking for a helmet camera, I started with the helmet hero and the likes, but I could not bring myself to spend the 300 on it. And the helmet hero looked very bulky.

That was when I found the muvi hd10. For the price, I thought why not. And I'm glad I got it. To start with, the camera is a little bigger than I first thought but it is still pretty small and can be mounted on a sternum strap of a pack with ease. And the video quality is great. The footage that I have taken while cycling around town has been clear and bright (even shows up the number plates of all the cars who cut me off on my travels).

The camera comes with a few mounting options, but I find that the gator clip is the most versatile. There are other mounts, but the ones for connecting to a helmet are not the best. Using the helmet mounts, you end up with the camera sticking way out on top of the helmet. What I'd like to see brought out by Veho is a mounting option that allows the camera to be positioned on the front of the helmet so as not to get damaged by accidentally forgetting where it is.

The only other gripe is the waterproof case. I know that Veho has produced a waterproof case for the muvi hd10, but it has yet to be put up on Amazon.

Apart from that, the muvi hd10 is an amazing little device and I can't wait to see how it's going to perform when I go climbing in the Dolomites...

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›