5.0 out of 5 stars Great Lapdesk
I've bought 2 of these so far and considering another one when my daughter gets a netbook. It does everything it's supposed to do, in fact the power and quality of the speakers is quite surprising.
Great for anyone listening to music from their netbook or using it to catch up on tv programmes, films etc
My other half has a bigger size netbook (like a small...
Published on 19 Sept. 2011 by Lis

› See more 5 star, 4 star reviews
3.0 out of 5 stars Fab speakers but not so great at cooling.
Bought this mainly because my laptop was overheating on my lap so I needed a solid surface to allow air to circulate, the speakers were just a bonus.
Firstly, the speakers are really good quality, much better than regular laptop speakers, so for them I'd give 5/5.
However, for the cooling claim, it does a pretty poor job.
There are rubber lips by the...
Published 17 months ago by gajk

› See more 3 star, 2 star, 1 star reviews

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Lapdesk, 19 Sept. 2011
This review is from: Logitech Speaker Lapdesk N550 (Accessory)
My other half has a bigger size netbook (like a small laptop) and it fits onto the tray fine.
Good value for money

4.0 out of 5 stars Good value, 6 Jan. 2013
This review is from: Logitech Speaker Lapdesk N550 (Accessory)
Really happy with this, for £25 it's a good little upgrade for my laptop - I've noticed a decent improvement in both cooling and sound quality. The lapdesk itself feels well made and looks sleek, as you'd expect from Logitech.

I have a 15.6" laptop, which is larger than the product is designed for, but as other reviewers have stated, it fits just fine (though it's worth noting that a 17" laptop would definitely be too large). The lapdesk is just a little larger than my laptop, so the laptop does cover the speakers but I don't see this as an issue. I wouldn't have wanted it much larger anyway as it would have been too bulky and cumbersome for my liking. I simply wanted a light, flat surface to place my laptop on as airflow was poor when the laptop rested on a soft surface (i.e. me!). It does the job perfectly, and the soft cushiony underside makes it nice and comfortable to use. In fact, I've noticed that having the laptop slightly raised makes laptop use more comfortable in pretty much all positions.

The inbuilt speakers make it WELL worth spending the extra 10 quid or so on this compared to other models, and the volume controls are really handy, particularly when in full screen applications such as games. The only thing that would improve this would be a driver to control the levels of bass etc. There are some preset options available if you look for them, but greater control would have been good.

5.0 out of 5 stars very good!, 17 Mar. 2012
dete (Sofia, Bulgaria) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Logitech Speaker Lapdesk N550 (Accessory)
i didn't like that the first picture of this item is not the correct one, it of Logitech Speaker Lapdesk N700, not N550.

it's my mistake that i ignored the fact it's for smaller laptops (our are 15'4), but it fits ok. the speakers are half hidden but the sound is great anyway. it's much more louder that the laptops.

it's a great purchase anyway.

5.0 out of 5 stars Extremely happy with this lapdesk, 18 Sept. 2013
This review is from: Logitech Speaker Lapdesk N550 (Accessory)
I got this as a gift for my birthday and have been using it constantly for the past couple of weeks. I'm close to the end of my pregnancy and for a few months it's been a pain to sit on a chair leaning forward so I can reach my laptop, and couldn't spend more than 30 minutes with it in my lap due to the heat issues.
For me this lapdesk is a life-saver, I can sit on the couch or in bed and use my 13" laptop in any position I feel comfortable without fear of overheating and the soft pillow bottom sits well on my legs for as much time as I need to use the device.
The speakers are an added bonus, and a great one at that - music and movies are no longer a no-go on the laptop and the sound control buttons are quite useful too.
All in all, I can't point a single flaw to this item, very happy with it and I'd recommend it to anyone with a 13" or smaller laptop who like using it away from tables or desks. Larger laptops will also fit, though they'd cover the speakers and users won't be able to benefit from the sound feature.

3.0 out of 5 stars Fab speakers but not so great at cooling., 30 Nov. 2013
This review is from: Logitech Speaker Lapdesk N550 (Accessory)
However, for the cooling claim, it does a pretty poor job.
There are rubber lips by the speakers which restrict airflow a little.
Plus the cushioning underneath means there's no way for heat or air to escape backwards, only through the sides.
Also, the USB lead for the connection is too short if you happen to have a larger laptop or USB connectors near the front of the laptop.
So overall 3/5. I still use it for the speakers but you're better off using a cooling rack from the oven if you want to keep your laptop cool!

5.0 out of 5 stars Good for Netbooks, 18 Feb. 2011
Setpal (Crawley, West Sussex United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Logitech Speaker Lapdesk N550 (Accessory)
I already have the larger version of this (Logitech N700) which is brilliant but too large for my new HP Netbook. Got this N550 from Amazon today-it's equally as good as it's bigger brother and transforms the puny, mono sound into decent sounding stereo with plenty of power!!

Transforms any small laptop or netbook (up to 14" screen) into a mini sound system. In fact-if you listen to a lot of streamed radio then it's better than buying a DAB radio as it's all here!!

Doesn't have the cooling fan of the N700 but as most netbooks vent from the sides it would provide no benefit, also most netbooks have the Intel Atom processor which runs very cool anyway so I can see why Logitech left a fan off this version.

Recommended-USB plug and play as always works flawlessly, the easiest install you could wish for.

5.0 out of 5 stars Superb speaker, great price, great service., 11 Oct. 2013
This review is from: Logitech Speaker Lapdesk N550 (Accessory)
I wanted speakers because the built in speakers on my laptop are pretty poor, very low volume even at maximum setting. Whilst looking for a good pair at a reasonable cost I came across the Logitech Lapdesk. It had some really good recommendations some of which said that even if your laptop was wider than the recommended width and partially covered the speakers of the Lapdesk it wouldn't effect either the quality or volume. Mine does partially cover the speakers but doesn't effect either the quality of sound or the volume. I'm extremely satisfied.

5.0 out of 5 stars Really very good, 11 Jun. 2013
This review is from: Logitech Speaker Lapdesk N550 (Accessory)
I was looking for a lapdesk for a while now, some were nice but I couldn't find one I like and which doesn't cost much. This one is perfect - it is kind of soft on the bottom part, is not slipering and the shape sits good on my legs. The upper part is neither slippery and my laptop fits perfectly on it, it doesn't move at all. Nice feature is built-in speakers, I am not sure will I use them often, but is nice to have options.
Overall - I am very, very satisfied. It is pleasant to use, price was good and deliveru super, super fast - 3 days.

5.0 out of 5 stars Very glad I bought this, 6 Mar. 2012
This review is from: Logitech Speaker Lapdesk N550 (Accessory)
A fantastic product that has made using the laptop much more comfortable and enjoyable when it would otherwise be placed on the lap (eg when seated on the sofa or in bed). This model is suited for smaller laptops (mine has an 11" screen) and it's great that it can function without batteries but rely on power from the laptop to drive the speakers. The sound output by this product is a vast improvement over anything a laptop (particularly a smaller one) is able to produce. Highly recommended.

4.0 out of 5 stars Logitech speaker Lapdesk is loud!, 12 Nov. 2012
This review is from: Logitech Speaker Lapdesk N550 (Accessory)
I bought this present for my dad and I tested it on my own laptop before I gave it to him to make sure it wasn't faulty and I wish I didnt because its really loud and clear and I love it! Its easy to use, no batteries, insert USB, install it, quick restart and off I went. It's so much louder than my Vaio Laptop and I'm thinking about getting one for myself. It's got a comfy lap cushion. However, just one thing I would change, I would make it slightly longer as my laptop is quite big and it sits over the speakers, but it's still as loud as it could be.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›