5.0 out of 5 stars Prepare for having lots of fun with this workout!
Published on 5 Jan 2010 by K King

3.0 out of 5 stars Ballet Sculpt!
Published on 6 Aug 2011 by Ms. R. K. Ghumman

5.0 out of 5 stars Prepare for having lots of fun with this workout!, 5 Jan 2010
K King "kathy8904" (UK) - See all my reviews
(TOP 1000 REVIEWER)
I am not usually a fan of dance based workout DVDs . However, I have changed my mind completely with this DVD. This is an upbeat, feel good workout. I had so much fun completing this workout. The choreography is easy to follow, flows well but is fast paced. However, it doesn't really matter if your feet go the wrong way at first, you will soon pick the moves up. I found the moves really targeted my waist, bum and hips. The instructor is very motivating, positive and cues well. I felt I had worked at a reasonable level - slightly breathless, slightly sweaty but not done in.

This would be a great workout for any one who wants a low impact level workout without weights. Just start with 10 minutes, you will find you enjoy it so much you will want to do more, and the time will just fly by!

There are 5 sections:

Smooth and sexy moves, - lots of strutting your bum around with this section!
Dance toner - studio moves in this dance based toning workout
Get Fit Club mix - club inspired moves!
Cardio dance party - upbeat cardio section
Ballet sculpt - ballet inspired moves.

My teenage daughter loves this workout too - teenagers are not easily impressed, but she loved this. We have great fun doing this together.

4.0 out of 5 stars Nice fun workout for days you don't want a really intense workout, 20 Feb 2010
Misqué (North West, UK) - See all my reviews
This is a good DVD and was actually better than I expected it to be. I am very un-coordinated with no dance experience and the majority of the moves are very easy to pick up. The only section where I struggled and kept getting lost was the 3rd section which I think is called Get Fit Club Mix. I didn't enjoy this section much as there were more steps in this to remember and learn and although I finished it I felt a bit frustrated during this section.

I've only done the whole thing through once but have gone back and had a go at the other sections individually but always miss the Get Fit Club Mix. I am sure if I gave it a few goes I would pick it up as I don't think it is that complicated really, probably just my lack of co-ordination! The other sections are a lot easier, strutting around, shaking the hips every which way, body rolls, working/moving the ribs and basically working the abs in various sequences while "dancing." The arms are used quite a lot throughout and mine were on fire so I'm sure this will definitely get them toned up nicely.

The nice thing about this DVD is that a lot of it is so simple and easy to do yet it gets your heart rate up really effectively without making you feel absolutely shattered. The ballet section is as you would expect really, lots of ballet type moves based on plie's (if that's how u spell/say it) and lots of toning work as you'd expect. Again in this section you use your arms a lot and the pace is quite slow in this section and for me personally I found these exercises more challenging. Definitely something to work towards for me! I love the Sexy Moves, Dance Toner & Cardio Dance Party sections and the other two sections were just okay really. Who knows, maybe they will grow on me.

One thing I should say is you don't need anything like weights or a mat for this DVD but I think you do need some space for the sexy moves section. There are a fair few kicks in this and you have to walk back and forth, left and right a lot and sometimes while kicking or doing things with the arms. I kept running out of space which I don't usually have a problem with. I have lots of workout DVDs and this is the first time space has been an issue. You can work around it, i.e. kicking on the spot or just modifying the moves, position of your arms etc but I thought it was worth pointing out if you have very limited space.

On the whole, like I say it is a fun DVD and nice and easy to do for the most part with a decent instructor. I like it but can't help but feel that something was missing but not quite sure what. So that along with the tricky Club Mix section is why it has 4 stars rather than 5.

5.0 out of 5 stars This DVD has helped me so much, 24 Feb 2011
coxk02@aol.com (Guildford, England) - See all my reviews
10 Minute Solution - Dance Your Body Thin [DVD]

This is an effective DVD workout, that represents real value for money.

I'm nearly 50 and haven't exercised for 5 years. I was having problems walking up stairs and generally carrying the shopping or any form of heavy bag. When I got on the scales, somehow I'd put on 2 extra stone -YUCK!

This DVD was purchased based on the customer recommendation and it's been worth its weight in gold to me. I was too ashamed to go to a workout class and even though I'm at University I can find time each day to do one if not two of the workouts.

Rome wasn't built in a day and initially I had to forget the arm movements because I was getting confused, but I've now got the Ballet Sculpt and Get Fit Club Mixes sorted and I'm now learning the Smooth & Sexy Moves segment.

I'm fat, I'm "mature", I'm asthmatic and I've got a (previously) broken ankle but I can still do this DVD. And you can trust me on this, spend your money on this DVD and not a bag of chips ... 'cause chips don't give you a flat stomach but this DVD does!

5.0 out of 5 stars Keeps you coming back, 21 Oct 2011
I've had this DVD for over a year now so thought I should write a review. In August 2010 I was pushing a size 14 and wanted to be slimmer for my Christmas Party. I had been prancing around my living room trying to lose weight on and off but I decided I needed a video to help. Looking on Amazon I saw the 10 minute solutions recommended at the bottom of the page, came across this one, read the reviews and sent off for it in November.

I went through each of the workouts and some I couldn't do very well due to my lack of co-ordination (moving arms and legs at the same time confuses me), so I settled on doing the Dance Toner and The Ballet Sculpt workouts. I did them every day during the week, sometimes I did both if I was feeling energetic.

By Christmas I was at the lower end of a size 12 instead of the higher end where I should really have been wearing a 14. I wouldn't say I was pushing myself, any excuse not to exercise (menstrual cramps, a cold etc) and I wouldn't bother. So if I had been pushing myself more and dieting as well I'm sure I would have lost a lot more.

Anyway silly me I stopped over Christmas, then after Christmas couldn't get motivated to start again, and little by little it all crept on again. I started doing other workout DVD's a couple of months ago as I wanted to do a more intense workout, but I have found that I get bored and after about two weeks the exercises don't seem to be doing anything for me anymore. So I keep going back to my Dance Your Body Thin DVD, and after 10 minutes I feel my muscles working and I am sweating, which to me shows you are working hard!

About the DVD: It's not a prancing round the living room kind of thing, but you will sweat and you will work all of the muscles in your lower body, and if you are coordinated and can do the arm bits too then you will get a full body work out. You won't get a miraculously ripped body in a month, but you will notice a difference in a month. I noticed my thighs were slimmer and more toned in just a week.

The girl on the DVD is lovely, she really makes you feel at ease, that you can do these exercises, and she tells you how great you look, which is nice when you are dripping sweat with a face like a tomato! The other thing I love is that she does everything your way, so she'll say left leg, or go left and she means to your left not hers so you never get confused.

These exercises are fairly simple to do, but require some balance, they are not jumping around until you are breathless and panting on the floor, but they do work and will have you sweating loads. The great part is the warmup and cooldown ensure you are not walking like John Wayne the next day either.

All of this in ten minutes, it's well worth the price.

4.0 out of 5 stars It's good, 16 Feb 2010
I really like this dance DVD, the moves are easy enough for anybody to follow, it's fun, music is great, you don't even notice the time but all at the same time, great work out. I can feel all of my body parts working. Deffo one of my favorites from "10 minute solution".

5.0 out of 5 stars 10 Minute Solutions NEVER let me down!!, 31 Mar 2010
I have been a fan of the 10 minute solution series for a while now!! Today I received the three new ones I have recently ordered - Dance Your Body Thin, Belly Butt and Thigh Blasters and Quick Tummy Toners. I always try to do the whole 50mins to give myself a good workout - so I like to vary things by alternating DVD's on different days.

Today it was Dance Your Body Thin - it is split into 5 10 minute sections:

Smooth and Sexy Moves
Dance Toner
Get Fit Club Mix
Cardio Dance Party
Ballet Sculpt

I started with an open mind - I would do as many of the 10minute sections as I could because obviously I didnt know what to expect. The first section was fun, lots of sexy hip moves but into a simple dance routine. I felt this section was more of a warm up for the rest of the DVD. The second section stepped things up a little, I felt the muscles kick in, starting to burn. The third and fourth sections were really enjoyable, just some funky dance moves, put into a fun routine, I really worked up a sweat. The fifth section - you think is going to be a lovely ballet type cool down and WOW - it hurts haha!! Ballet dancers are tough if this is anything to go by - and these are just the basics!! Involves a lot of balancing, core strength. Incorporates a number of ballet moves - you will be surprised at how much this one hurts the arms/upper body just by holding your arms above your head and out to the side!!

As you can see I managed to get through all 5 sections in one sitting, the first time round!! The moves are quite simple, some moves do need some getting use to, coordination in some sections needs a little makeover but overall quite simple to do, enjoyable so you dont wanna switch it off, and I could not believe how sweaty I was afterwards - the back of my hair was wet through!! I felt good afterwards, and no doubt I will feel even better tomorrow (or worse depends on how you look at it).

Thank you for all the reviews that helped me choose this DVD you were all spot on!! I love this DVD.

Tomorrow I will do Belly, Butt and Thigh Blasters and Friday Quick Tummy Toners...and keep alternating between the three to keep it fun!! Before you know it - super, fit, sexy, trim body!!

Keep an eye out for my reviews on Belly Butt and Thigh Blasters and Quick Tummy Toners.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great for beginners.., 24 Oct 2012
Honestly... I'm seriously overweight and totally unfit but didn't want show myself up at the gym. Decided to try this dvd and I'm glad I did. I can complete all of it without dying in a heap on the floor or gasping for breath. It's low impact and very easy to learn the routines (although it says dance, I wouldn't use the moves on the dancefloor - you'd look a little silly, it's more low key aerobic than dance).

It is more geared for beginners and if you are more advanced or have a good fitness level then it probably won't do much for you. But, if you are like me, you can get a decent workout - I usually burn around 600 calories doing this and it has certainly contributed to my weigh loss so far.

I love the fact that you can customise your workout by chosing certain sections, great if you are short on time.
I am definately going to try some more in this range.

5.0 out of 5 stars So much fun!, 20 Feb 2010
I bought this DVD feeling a bit dubious about it but it's actually AMAZING! It took me once or twice to really get the steps since my co-ordination level is somewhere way down there. They are learnable it just takes one or two sessions! I haven't been exercising for over 3 years now so I'm really not fit but this workout is great. I started of just doing one session before wanting to collapse to actually managing to do all five of them (Although I cheat a little because I rest between the parts). It's really fun and even when I feel really lazy I'll think I'll just do one. Ten minutes is nothing. Then when you get started it's easy to just keep going. Besides you're so focused on what's going to happen next that it doesn't feel like ten minutes at all!:D

I really like this DVD so I would definitely recommend it to anyone!:D

3.0 out of 5 stars Ballet Sculpt!, 6 Aug 2011
Ms. R. K. Ghumman "Rumneet" (london) - See all my reviews
I didn't particularly like this DVD purely because I found the dancing way to fast and there isn't enough direction given by the presenter, she does jump straight into it and I found it hard to keep up. HOWEVER, and this is a big however, the Ballet Sculpt section is fantastic! I do that section daily and really enjoy it, it's slow and the presenter is very motivating and goes through the moves slowly. It's a killer especially on the arms and thighs. So I'd purchase this DVD solely for this section, it's really good!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great fun workout!, 22 Jan 2010
L. Harris "squirrel girl" (London) - See all my reviews
I have to admit, I'm not the most coordinated of individuals, but this DVD was excellent. I found it very easy to follow, I fluffed up a few moves the first time around, but soon got the hang of them! It's not too strenouos, but it does get up a nice sweat. I'm not usually a fan of over-enthusiastic/perky instructors, but she is very endearing in her perkiness and I did find it quite motivating. My only complaint would be the minimal cool down at the end of each section, but to be fair it would be hard to fit that into 10 minutes if you want to actually dance! Great fun work out, I thoroughly recommend it!

10 Minute Solution: Dance Your Body Thin [DVD] [Region 1] [US Import] [NTSC]