4.0 out of 5 stars Castrol EDGE FST 5W-30 Synthetic Engine Oil - 4L Bottle
Published 2 months ago by P. Ward

1.0 out of 5 stars Smell of burnt oil
I get a smell of burnt oil after using this oil. also the engine makes lot of noise. This was not the case just a week before until when I used the other oil I had for my BMW 3 series car. It was 5w-40 oil. Although this says its for BMW, it smells like oil is burning in excess and my car engine makes more noise and the car vibrates more.
Not sure if its the quality...
Published 5 months ago by Sjn

4.0 out of 5 stars Castrol EDGE FST 5W-30 Synthetic Engine Oil - 4L Bottle, 10 Aug 2014
P. Ward (Northampton, UK) - See all my reviews
I bought this oil, as Castrol is still generally considered a premium brand, despite Castrol's Court shenanigans which won them the right to claim that another of their oils is "synthetic", when most people would consider it to be "semi-synthetic" (the outcome was influenced more by semantics, than any justifiable claim regarding chemical composition).
However, there is no doubt as to the status of this "top-of-the-range" fully-synthetic oil. For the price, I could not find any comparable oil anywhere else.
Amazon's price fluctuations puzzled me though. I monitored the price for several days and it was always cheapest in the morning/early afternoon, then would rise significantly before falling back to the original price the next morning!
So if this is still happening, buy it in the morning and save a few quid. As the old saying goes "the early bird catches the bargain-priced fully synthetic oil" (if I've remembered it correctly!).

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic price, 25 April 2013
Mr. S. Heyduk "slavek" (Bristol) - See all my reviews
I bought this for my VW Passat 1.9 TDI and Honda Jazz 1.3 and the price here was the best by far, really happy!!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent quality oil at lowest price I could find, 28 April 2013
Gary Price (Worcestershire, England) - See all my reviews
Bought this to do an oil change on my VW Touran 2.0 TDI (PD Engine) with flexible/long life service intervals. This requires an oil with the VW 506.01 or 507.00 (if DPF fitted) specification. This oil meets the higher 507.00 spec. and the oil delivered was the Castrol Edge FST (Fluid Strength Technology) which is more advanced than the Castrol Edge oil shown in the photograph. At £28 for 4 litres this is the cheapest I have been able to find - and delivery was within 2 days. Brilliant!

5.0 out of 5 stars Oiled and ready to roll, 12 Jan 2013
Great product and at a great price, I couldn't find a better deal anywhere on this fully synthetic oil for my VW.

5.0 out of 5 stars Oil buy it again..., 19 Aug 2013
DARKcell - See all my reviews
(TOP 100 REVIEWER)
This is the exact product that was recommended for use with my car. There's not a massive amount to say, other than it's a top make so you know you're buying a quality product. The container is a decent size that is easy to hold and easy to pour into the car without the need for funnels. Depending on where your oil filler hole is, there may be an issue with this larger container compared to the 1L, meaning you'll need a funnel - something to think about. This is the cheapest price around that I can find. You save £13.29 on Amazon by buying the larger 4L as opposed to the 1L. If you need it, buy it.

OVERVIEW
Would I recommend this product to a friend? Yes
When used, would I repurchase product? Yes

PROS:
+ Does what it is supposed to
+ Good quality make
+ Easy to pour into car without funnel (dependent on location of oil filler cap)
+ Shape of container and handle makes it easy to hold
+ Cheaper than anywhere else

CONS:
- None
----------------------------------------------
----------------------------------------------

5.0 out of 5 stars Best oil at a great price, 28 Aug 2013
Recommended product, my car is not sipping any oil at all over the 5k miles ive been using this for, which is pretty good for a 13 year old car(mr2)

5.0 out of 5 stars The Best, 9 July 2013
This is a very keen price for a "Longlife" fully synthetic oil recommended by Audi. As always the oil arrived very well packed and next day delivery. Amazon never cease to amaze on price and delivery.

5.0 out of 5 stars VW specified for my car., 7 Jun 2013
There are other oils which meet the VW spec but this was the one which VW recommended when I bought the car 70,000 miles ago so I have stuck with it. It usually sells at a premium, but on this occasion it was more reasonable so I bought 4 x 4L. Quick free delivery.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent High Quality Oil For A bargain Price, 7 Mar 2013
Bought this when it was on offer for £28.99, for my Saab 93 yr 2000 oil change which was due in March, just done, and before i changed oil and ran engine up to temp, noise from engine was i thought normal, however after using this oil it is now much more quiet and when driving a lot smoother with more acceleration,
Highly recommend but disappointed the cheapest I can find is now £31.99,
Will be using it from now on

5.0 out of 5 stars Review, 31 Jan 2013
Have used this oil for my last 2 annual services, me supplying it to my mechanic, and it has done everything I would have wanted. While the car doesn't run for more than 6000 - 7500 miles a year, at least 2500 - 3000 of these are crammed into a fortnight abroad on French and Swiss motorways. Never a problem despite this rather extreme use.