Format: DVD|Change

on 29 January 2012
i bought this because i watched them all from when the series first started.
and now the last series is on tv. i wanted to catch up from the start.
and the boxset is amazing.
love recapping on all the dirty secrets and drama.
very addictive. if your a fan get this boxset!
on 4 January 2012
I received the Desperate Housewives seasons 1-7 boxset as a Christmas present from my dad. I am in love with the series, as I am re-watching them again for the second time and am still surprised at the events and dramatic occurances I had previously forgotten about. I do not doubt that whoever you decide to buy the boxset for will be disappointed as it will entertain you for hours on end and has extra bonus features such as the director's input and alternative scenes.

I definitely recommend buying the boxset as it is cheaper to get all the seasons together in bulk rather than buy each series separately and is overall of great quality :D
on 25 December 2011
All the seasons of Desperate Housewives so far for the a modest price means a guilt free watch of a quite a few hours of a witty, glamorous world where tragedies, murders, spooky new neighbours, mayhem and fun seem to occur all the time! What better way to spend time when it is bitterly cold outside and you feel like watching something lighthearted.
on 1 February 2012
Decided that when this came out it would be just another American gaudy predictable series......far from it. The comedy acting and timing is brilliant, the dark moments beat lead us into so many twists and turns that any Midsomer Mutders or Poirot writers would envy. So entertaining.........
TOP 1000 REVIEWERon 25 October 2014
This set contains a total of 43 discs in 7 individual DVD cases held in a stout card outer box that is open fronted. The big advantage with these cases are that they are exactly the same as the individual series cases, so you can scrap the outer box if you so wish and if you already own some, you can sell off the duplicates. Each set has a wide range of bonus features so there are literally hours and hours of viewing.
The first episode introduces the original storyline. Five women neighbours in a secluded street have been firm friends for a number of years when one of them [Mary Alice Young--Brenda Strong] commits suicide. The `Ghost' of Mary Alice provides a voiceover from the grave that explains events and characters -which helps maintain a fast story pace. Not a glamorous start but it works.
Having missed the original showings on TV I'm really glad I purchased this set [and the final series 8 separately] as I had heard the hype and comments which actually proved accurate. I thought it was going to be another 'Dallas', 'Knots Landing', 'Dynasty' thing, but it's not. it plays more like a cross between the upbeat strangeness of 'Pushing Daisies' and the morbid quirkiness of 'Dead Like Me'.
The four friends who form the central core of the programme are over the top caricatures; Susan Meyer [Teri Hatcher] a recently divorced `girl next door' fearful of being single for the remainder of her life and now bringing up her young daughter alone; Lynette Scavo [Felicity Huffman] a successful business woman who gives it up to bring up her child -only to have more troublesome children, and regrets it; Bree van Camp [Marcia Cross] as the house-proud mum who tries to be the stereotypical 'Stepford wife' as her son calls her, who is also somewhat psychotic and finally; Gabrielle Solis [Eva Longoria] as the glamorous former catwalk model who slept around and eventually marries to get everything and realises it was all a mistake.
The series then follows these characters as they try to solve the mystery behind their friends suicide [basically season 1]and struggle with their own personal issues and character development as the other seasons progress, each giving us more background to the friends and neighbours in the street set against varying storylines. There is a dry wit and strong vein of humour behind the script which keeps it all lightweight and fun. A perfect gift for someone and stress free viewing. Rated 15 due to some script and adult themes but it's never smutty or crude.
on 24 July 2012
Had seen Series 1 - 3 and bought the full boxed set because it offered better value for money than buying them individually. The only problem that 's been encountered is that from Series 4 the intro has become too arty and it's very difficult to work out how to navigate through the numbers of the episodes. They are done in pairs and you have to click on a bottle or some other item on the screen and when those 2 are viewed it doesn't automatically let you have access to the following 2. Really stupid ! You have to click back to Play All to get access to the other episodes. These designers must have too much time on their hands. Aggravating to say the least.
on 9 March 2012
I have missed lots of these as they showed over the years so having all the Seasons 1-7 in one box set at this price was irresistible ; watch when you want and keep them all in sequence. I am well pleased but I have some advice for those who aspire to watch it all again from the start. Keep a pen and a pad available and make columns for the Season the Disk and The Episode Make notes each time you finish viewing so you know exactly where you are. Its only a minor gripe but please Marc Cherry and the gang why not give simple boring numerical menu driven access to these great shows ? As to the content. I have watched TV for decades from The Quatermass Experiment and the Years of the Sex Olympics right down to the present day but never have I been so moved as I am by this series.

The acting is superb and I frequently laugh out loud ( I can watch some of the dubbed laughter shows they still put out in the name of Comedy and never even smile. Equally the drama does not just creep up on you it kidnaps you and altogether I am half way through and dont watch the latest ones Seasons 8 on because again I want to "own it" . In my view best TV series to come out of the USA ever PS I think there may be 40 or more episodes in this box each one an hour and so for value this set cannot be beaten
on 17 September 2012
I absolutely love this series, it can be clever, funny, heartrending and dramatic all in the one episode. The characters though rather stereotypical are great fun and it is easy to forgive with the great writing. I know that they have now finished the series for good but think that a terrible shame. I for one would have many more series.
on 26 May 2013
Desperate Housewives has been very enjoyable and gripping. Ideal for watching all day long or an episode each night. I watched the series when they were on TV but still enjoyed watching the box set. It was good to go back to start and work my through the series without the long gaps between them like when they were on TV.
on 6 June 2012
I am a huge desperate housewives fan. I've spent eight years of my life watching it and I am devastated to see them go.
But now I have the 7 seasons set and I feel like I am watching it for the first time. There is a lot of extras that I couldn't find online which is great. At first the last two discs of season 7 didn't work. According to previous comments someone had the same problem BUT I just gave it a little clean and voila - it's working perfectly. as soon as season 8 comes out on DVD I'll be there !

oh and the price is great and I even got that delivered on sunday.