5.0 out of 5 stars Wonderful little camera
I'm used to shooting with my Nikon D40. Got this a couple of weeks ago and getting familiarised with it. Took it out for a full day with the 14mm prime and my Nikon. I didn't actually need to take my Nikon out of the bag as the GF2 served most of what I needed to (except when its battery died at the end of the day).

The touch screen will split opinions, some...
Published on 13 Feb 2011 by Flikmy

3.0 out of 5 stars OK I guess
I think I was expecting more given the lenses are Leica
It is a bit inbetween, too big to be a compact but not a proper dslr
Published on 5 Jan 2012 by Amazon Customer

5.0 out of 5 stars Professional finish, enthusiast qualities., 13 Sep 2011
J. Amos "borskin" (Hereford, UK) - See all my reviews
They say good things come in small packages. It's a bit of a cliché but true nonetheless.

I am an experienced amateur; that is to say that i know my way around a camera, having followed just about every trend-setter of the digital age in the last ten years or so. I have more recently taken my ability that little further and really wanted to have the power and creativity of a full system camera, but with the added ability to sling over my shoulder when out and about.

I had done some lengthy research into cameras within this range, and with the previous reviews coupled with high quality specifications convinced me to take the plunge. I have to say i am delighted to have made this choice in a competitive and tricky price range for a digital camera, bordering on serious DSLR territory.

I won't bore you with the specifications and in's and out's as that is well covered on here already. I just want to say please take a chance on this camera, the quality and feel is excellent (although the lens feels a little too plasticky (although looks great from a distance)) and HD video at full 1080 is brilliant.

In the two weeks i have owned this camera i have had some seriously good photos, ranging from Landscapes, Sports, Timelapse and even some Trick Photogrpahy. I am off abroad this week and i cannot wait to see what impeccable results the Lumix will bring me!!

Pay a little more and get both the Pancake 14mm and 14-42mm lens, you won't regret it!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Lovely PanasonicGF2, 21 Aug 2011
Bought this after much research. G3 too big,GF3 no viewfinder option. Bought this & a
used viewfinder. Excellent images,waiting for Adobe software. Amazon service 1st class, as usual. This camera is everything I expected & saved a considerable amount + 30 voucher (bought books) & free camera backpack. I have taken lots of photos & several short hd videos. Very pleased overall.

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect Panasonic, 27 April 2011
This review is from: Panasonic Lumix GF2 Digital Camera with 14-42mm Lens - Black (Electronics)
Brilliant camera, does everything an SLR does in a smaller, lighter package. Top quality prints and HD Video as well. Go buy one

5.0 out of 5 stars Nice colour, 6 Feb 2012
Alan Ross - See all my reviews
I bit of a toy compared to my other DSLRs, but it is a nice colour well put together and the lens are interchangable and about half a kilo lighter than my DSLR+lens. So... nice to carry when just out and about with enough control to keep a professional/amatuer happy.

5.0 out of 5 stars gf2, 31 May 2011
have managed to take some stunning photos with this camera with very little skill
please note the 14-42 lens in this kit is chinese made and a little plasticy for me, but still takes a good picture
if i had more money i would have bought the camera body only with the 20mm pancake lens and the leica 14-45 macro, but i doubt i would notice any improvement
have now ordered the 40- 200 zoom lens so i must be impressed

3.0 out of 5 stars OK I guess, 5 Jan 2012
I think I was expecting more given the lenses are Leica
It is a bit inbetween, too big to be a compact but not a proper dslr
. The screen isn't really good enough for framing and composition. I guess it all depends what you are used to and what you want but botgh lenses are on the short side 42mm even in a crop factor is a bit limiting for general purpose walk around shooting

I sent it back and will keep looking for something - might try the Olympus

4.0 out of 5 stars lumixgf2, 10 Feb 2012
Very happy with my purchase. The price was right and although i haven't used all the features the results using auto are very good.

3.0 out of 5 stars lenes feels cheap and was dissapointed in low light., 19 Mar 2011
Mr R (London. UK) - See all my reviews
After a week and only a dozen images I found the the "performance or quality not being adequate". Even at 400 ISO the pictures were not great.

The build of the body is good, but the lenses feel cheap and noise on the images was a lot more that I expected. I know that my LUX-3 shows noise after 400 ISO but I expected the GF2 to be a lot better than it is. I use a D300 which is 3 1/2 years old and was hoping that technology would have moved on and made the GF2 better.

I was going to use the GF2 for street photography and replace my LUX-3, but I think that I will keep using it and look else where.

2.0 out of 5 stars Almost but not quite, 27 April 2011
Image quality is fair but let down by the screen. Not easy to see in bright light and it's easy to accidentally select another function. 14 mm kit lens is reasonably sharp but the 14-42 zoom could be longer. Overall a fair attempt but the screen is very much a weak point. Not as compact as you think as it still doesn't fit in a pocket.

5.0 out of 5 stars Lumix GF2, 25 May 2011
aquagama (Lidkoping, Sweden) - See all my reviews
First night out with my new lady and she's performing like a long lost lover - what a sweet little thing - real easy to handle and get a first hand grip on - this is going to be a wonderful relationship no doubt - haven't seen anything apart from what's on the screen, but I've got a feelin' the rest will give me reason to scream ! Buy one and go flying !