5.0 out of 5 stars Oh my...
Let me put this simply as many of my fellow reviewers have... this product is amazing, simply amazing.

Published 19 months ago by GlueStick

3.0 out of 5 stars Not Ideal For The Daily Commute
Published on 24 Feb. 2013 by Mr

5.0 out of 5 stars Oh my..., 5 Dec. 2013
This review is from: Bose ® IE2 Audio Headphones (Electronics)

I've had many in-ear earphones in the past and I never imagined that such amazing sound quality was even possible through in-ear earphones. Boy, was I wrong. These earphones can produce mind-blowing results - forget in-ear Beats by Dr. Dre, they're just a fashion accessory. Nothing compares in my opinion to these Bose IE2s when it comes to in-ear audio quality.

It most definitely is true that you forget you're wearing earphones just minutes after you engulf in music. I'm one of the few people who have rather large ears and so I've always struggled with standard earphones always falling out/ becoming loose. So, I've always used the little black padded buds to keep them in. No need for those anymore - these StayHear silicone tips have NEVER fallen out of my ear accidentally in the 3 years that this product has been worn.

These have won me over - to top the audio quality, it comes with 3 different pairs of StayHear silicone tips which you can choose to your ear size. Make sure you wear them correctly to achieve the best sound and comfort as possible (believe it or not, I've seen many people in public wearing these incorrectly, its crazy!).

PROS
- The Bose StayHear silicone tips are the best out there for comfort
- Cable doesn't tangle easily as its fairly thick
- Supreme audio quality
- Incredible bass for in-ear earphones

CONS
- Expensive (you get what you pay for - you want the quality, you pay for it!)
- The carry case which you get is a little flimsy and weak

I've had a pair of these for just over 3 years now and they've only just started to get damaged (but that's my fault). After a good 50 odd accidental tugs of the earphone, the cable has began to split just below the left StayHear silicone tip which has exposed the copper wiring slightly. Bose have told me to cover the wiring with some electrical tape and use it till it breaks. For those that want to know about repair, Bose say these are not worth repairing and the only solution available is a reduced price replacement (at 52.99 from what I remember). As I said however, this was entirely my fault and I cannot fault the headphones as they've taken a beating over the years :(

All in all, I can happily say that Bose have won be over in almost every department - I know where to look for my audio needs!

Notes: Please ensure you buy the right product as there are two versions - one for Apple devices and one for all other devices. Please also make sure you buy directly from Bose dealers as there are a lot of fakes out there (and they're generally the ones which are complained about)!

In reply to Lola's review below, may I clearly point out to all potential buyers that this does NOT contain any noise cancelling technology, nor does it state it has noise cancelling technology in the description. I personally use these on the London Tube in busy hours and I have no problem hearing the sound. Yes you need to have it on a louder volume but it's clear enough to hear in busy areas, and the sound quality is just as amazing in my opinion. Lola has also mentioned that other commuters may also hear the sound - isn't this the case with almost any other set of in-ear earphones? Common sense should also tell you that if you turn up your volume to be louder as the background noise increased, surely the other commuters also hear the background noise which eliminates them hearing your music? Lola I hope you've purchased your headphones from an official Bose dealer and not received a fake...

Bose have just released the QuietComfort 20i Acoustic Noise Cancelling headphones for those of you who want in-ear noise cancelling - but beware that these are priced rather heavily!

Happy buying :)

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect 10, 19 Nov. 2013
This review is from: Bose ® IE2 Audio Headphones (Electronics)
I rarely feel the need to contribute a written review, but my Bose headphones really are the best product I have ever lavished on myself. I use headphones every day, and have gradually gone from crackly i-pod headphones through various models of in-ear headphones an ultimately up to the Bose. I have been dissapointed with every other set of headphones I have bought, and none lasted longer than 6 months of near continuous use.

The Bose however...

They are simply perfect. I have run them for a year now and they still sound as crisp as they did the day I bought them. In typical Bose fashion, they have 'thought out' the problem of the in-ear fit, and come up with an unconventional but brilliant solution. The loops result in a comfortable and unshakeable fit that is truly faultless. No other fit solution works in the same way, and no other fit solution simply, well, works.

The Bose headphones are perhaps 25%-33% more expensive than thier peers, but are 66%-75% better too. Worth every penny and more. If mine were to die tomorrow, I would buy another pair right away and have a smile on my face doing it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Startlingly good sound quality, 28 Dec. 2013
Andrew Kerr "Alabony" (Dunfermline, Scotland) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (TOP 500 REVIEWER)
This review is from: Bose ® IE2 Audio Headphones (Electronics)
These are the third-most-expensive in-ear headphones I've ever bought. Not the most expensive, mark you. But they are, by quite a margin, the best-sounding ones I've had.

I am less of a fussy audiophile than I've been in the past (a young family will do that to you!), but I do still very much appreciate and recognise good sound when I hear it.

When they're fitted properly, the sound from these headphones is truly remarkable. Especially with simpler arrangements and vocals, the soundstage they produce is wonderful. I feel like I've had an extension inserted down the middle of my head and the soundstage goes well beyond my ears. Listening to something like The Man Comes Around by Johnny Cash, with its simple guitar and piano, you can hear all the beautiful resonance of the body of the guitar, every mute of the strings, and the full, rich timbre of his voice ringing out clearly over the top of it all. Choir pieces, like Down To The River from O Brother Where Art Thou, also sound gorgeous, with the whole ensemble audible. The crescendo, three-quarters of the way through Paolo Nutini's Candy is another great example, where you can truly hear the drummer working his way through the tom-toms and cymbals.

On rockier tracks, like Razorlight or Rage Against The Machine, they are less bassy than perhaps some fans of rock music would like, but there's plenty bass response (it goes surprisingly deep too). It's just that this response is part of a detailed, neutral overall sound.

Even on big band numbers like Big Bad Voodoo Daddy's Mr Pinstripe Suit the delineation of the different instruments is clear, and the track skips along superbly, underpinned by double bass and trombone lines that my 250 speakers on my hifi (coming through a Cyrus pre and power amp) simply don't reveal more than woolly glimpses of.

The fit is good, although you may be sorely disappointed with the sound if you don't take 10-15 minutes to experiment with all the sizes to make sure you've got the right one for your particular ear shape. If you don't fit them properly, the bass is practically non-existent. The Stay Hear fitments are great, and I'm confident they won't fall out when I'm running.

All in all, they're that rare breed of hi-fi equipment. Something that makes you hear all your favourite music all over again, because they're so revealing. For the money, they're very highly recommended.

5.0 out of 5 stars Worth every penny..., 28 July 2013
Mark (Hereford, United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Bose ® IE2 Audio Headphones (Electronics)
Superb sound in every respect. Detailed and involving with beautiful balance and perfect bass. Also wonderfully comfortable. If you are looking for a worthwhile upgrade from budget earphones you could not do better.

3.0 out of 5 stars Not Ideal For The Daily Commute, 24 Feb. 2013
Mr "garrysharpe" (Newbury, United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
These are beautiful headphones with superb sound quality but in my opinion they suffer in two key areas. The first problem is that they "leak" sound and tend to result in scornful looks from my fellow commuters (particularly if sitting in the quiet carriage). Even with the volume at 50% the sound leakage is very noticeable. I have experimented with different fittings but all to no avail. I suspect this issue will bother some less than others but if you would rather not inflict your music on people standing/sitting next to you then perhaps look elsewhere. The second problem compounds the first problem in that unless you are sitting in a very quiet location the ambient noise can be a problem. Forget trying to use these on the underground :) To be fair to Bose they do clearly state that there is no noise cancelling technology in these headphones but wow my standard headphones that shipped with my phone do a better job of shutting out distractions. Depending on how you plan to use this headset these may be minor issues but if you are looking for an immersive listening experience minimising ambient sound and not disrupting your fellow commuters it may be best to look elsewhere. Top marks to Amazon for allowing me to return the headset for a full refund.

1.0 out of 5 stars Poor product, appalling customer service, 21 Jan. 2015
This review is from: Bose ® IE2 Audio Headphones (Electronics)
This is first review I have ever posted, but I was compelled to do so as I am so disappointed with this product and with Bose as a company. I bought these headphones about 2 years ago, and enjoyed the average sound quality for a while before the cables started fraying where the wires attached to the ear pieces. This has occurred on both ear pieces and now all internal wires are fully exposed, it is a matter of time before the headphones break. A quick google search will demonstrate that this has been the case for a lot of disappointed Bose customers with this poor quality item. I emailed and called Bose to discuss the matter with them and whilst showing little to no interest, they eventually offered me c.20 off a new set. 20 off a set of headphones that I now know are poorly designed, and terribly made? No thank you. The curt and short discussion with Bose was highlighted by their response to me via email from a "no reply" email address making it very clear that they were trying to prevent me from contacting them any further. If this was a cheap set of gym headphones, I wouldn't have bothered pursuing it, but at nearly 100 when I bought them, not only should the product last for more than two years, Bose should show a little bit of interest if it doesn't. Goodbye Bose, I will be selling the two other sets of Bose headphones I own and will never again waste my time and money on your brand

5.0 out of 5 stars An absolute delight!, 13 Aug. 2011
This review is from: Bose ® IE2 Audio Headphones (Electronics)
As an owner of the Klipsch Image S4 Headphones, I can safely say that the bose IE2s deliver.
The first difference I noticed was the superb bass, which blows the Klipsch out of the water. And even though the bose is NOT noise-isolating, it sounds absolutely brilliant, with crystal clear low, high and mid-range tones. The thing that impressed me the most was the superb comfort. They are probably the most comfortable earphones I've ever had. You seriously don't feel like your wearing earphones after a while. Yes, they are THAT comfortable. The IE2s come with some crazy-looking ear tips called StayHear tips, and they do live up to their name. They don't ever budge while exercising (even during my vigorous sprinting sessions). You can try pulling them out by tugging the cord and they still hold up!
Here's some quick pros and cons,

PROS:
- Legendary comfort.
- Brilliant bass, with crisp low, high and mid-range tones.
- Perfect for the gym, as they never ever ever fall out of your ears.
- Very good built quality.
- The cord doesn't tangle easily.

CONS:
- A bit expensive (considering the american version sells for $90).

So yeah, if you have 90 lying around,
and you need a pair of earphones, no doubt about it - get the IE2s!
Don't think, just do it!

5.0 out of 5 stars 1 Word explains them: Awesome!, 2 Dec. 2011
I bought the earphones because i lost my previous sennheiser ones, these tick all the boxes, firstly sound quality is unbelieveable. next they are so comfortable its unreal (so well designed) ive had these 6 months or more now, and there is no problems. the person that gave these 1 star must of had a fake pair or mistreated them really bad.
only thing i could think of to make them better would be to make them noise cancelling, but if worst comes to worst you can just turn the volume up and you wont hear anything else. bass on these are great and the highs are awesome!
There so good that im going to purchase the bose quiet comfort 15s.

5.0 out of 5 stars Quality Sound and Voice, 22 Sept. 2012
xmcmullen - See all my reviews
For the past year I've been using the earphones supplied by Apple with the iPhone 4S. They've been more than adequate but lacked a certain je ne se quoi. Such an example would be when a song is more about the bass than lyrics and during audio conversations. Aside from the earphones, the person I'm talking with would often complain about the quality of the mic as well. Therefore I've been in the market for earphones for a few months now.

I narrowed down half a dozen earphones online prior to buying the Bose MIE2i. Each time, I cancelled them out as the reputation of the company didn't quite fit what I was after and almost all of them didn't interface with basic iOS music/call functionality - stopping music, answering phone calls and adjusting volume.

Aside from this basic desire for greater sound and mic quality, I was also trying to find earphones with a better fit. With the Apple earphones, they'd constantly fall out of my ear or be ill-positioned.

With this in mind, the Bose MIE2i immediately grabbed my attention.

At a glance, you'll immediately ask yourself why the earphones are striped black and white. Obviously the Apple marketing machine has had tremendous success with the white earphones since they're synonymous to the original iPod. One can only assume Bose added the white to set itself aside from standard non-Apple designs (often black) and incorporate a cord with a greater `street cred'. But whatever the reason, I think it works quite well.

The Bose MIE2i comes with three sets of in-ear moulds a.k.a. StayHear in Small, Medium and Large. Out of the box, they default the earphones the Medium size and this is the fit for me. As well as this, the following is included:

1. Clothing clip
2. Microphone (at the back of the button)
3. Answer/End or Stop/Play button
4. Adjustment slider

I've been using these earphones for a little over two weeks now and I can't fault them. The sound quality is far superior than the iPhone earphones, as you'll expect. But I also compared them to the over-ear headphones by Bose and other manufacturers in a trip to Curry's.

Aside from the sound quality, the StayHear(c) moulds work fantastically well also. I conference call a lot in my car and do a fair bit of exercise (though not as much as I should admittedly) and they fit perfectly. It may sound like I work for Bose, but I literally forget they're in my ear. The combinations of the moulds and clip just work a treat. Perfect.

I'm more likely to be calling my partner Sammy over anyone else and she has commented on greater clarity from my voice. Obviously this can come down to an array different factors, but given we're both on the same network and I usually call from the same locations, I'm guessing it's no coincidence.

Given that I've been nothing but complimentary so far, here comes the negative (and it's a big one). They're very expensive. At the price of 119.00 at the time of this review, they're certainly a lot more expensive than alternatives. But in terms of quality, the power of the brand and the quality of the build - I think it's a premium worth paying.

5.0 out of 5 stars Probably the best earphones I've ever used - Bose IE2, 13 Sept. 2012
This review is from: Bose ® IE2 Audio Headphones (Electronics)
Why I feel that these are the best on the market:

-Decent price tag.
-Incredible bass.
-Superior comfort.
-Perfect for commuting or jogging/working out.
-Outside noise just can't be heard.

I don't know why these are never rated the best in-ear earphones. To begin with, I was blown away by the bass. These are seriously good. They're good because the bass doesn't block out the treble as lots of other earphones do. Higher tones remain crisp and detailed. Secondly, they're so comfortable. For example, on a long flight, you feel as if there is nothing sitting in your ears. The soft squishy ear-buds are easy to clean as well, even though they don't really get waxy etc. due to the design.

They are excellent at blocking outside sound too. If you are looking for some decent 'noise cancelling' headphones/earphones, for a good price, these are for you. They don't have any technology for noise cancelling, but the design of the earpieces work perfectly, especially on board a train, or aircraft.

The 'StayHear' tips work brilliantly. If your a keen jogger or like to listen to music whilst working out, these stay in your ear. They have never fallen out once, not even whilst bending over, for example.

Finally, I have to commend the price tag. The price is just right, if not a little cheap. One may pay 200 for these and feel that they are in a good price range. The mobile version with an in-line microphone is slightly more expensive, but is well worth the money if your keen on using hands free systems.

Thanks for reading.