on 21 November 2010
Remote Control Helicopter - Mini Gyro Zoomer RC Helicopter - Worlds Smallest Gyro Helicopter!Was a hard choice between this and the latest syma mini gyro heli, but liked the fact that this was the smallest gyro helicopter available so decided
on the gyro zoomer and so glad I did. A friend of mine has the Syma S107 and having now flown both they are pretty close in terms of control (these new gyro helicopters are so much easier to control than ones without a gyro), but the gyro zoomer looks a lot better and also seems more durable as well. I also liked the fact that the gyro zoomer came with spare back and top blades, and if I do need more spares than that I can get them easily online (Just searched the web for "gyro zoomer spares"). I have 3 helicopters in my garage that are useless as they need spares and cannot find where to buy them so I would only buy a helicopter now if I can see I can easily get spares. I notice the brand that this helicopter is made by (Think Gizmos) also do a Gryro Master which is a slightly larger model which I think I will give a try on my next helicopter purchase :) Only improvement I can think of is that would be good to be able to select the 3 different colours so you can decide which one you like best. It seems any 3 of these can be flown at the same time though as you just need to change the band on the controller. Certainly the best mini helicopter I have flown yet. Top Banana.
on 1 November 2010
I purchased this helicopter direct from the paramountzone website 2 weeks ago for my son.
I have numerous helicopters ranging in size from the micro to fullblown nitro helicopters. I received the helicopter within 2 days and upon opening the box could not believe just how small it was, but don't worry about it's small appearance this helicopter delivers much more stability and fun than it's competitors.
The helicopter is ideal for anyone wishing to start off on the road to flying the 3D helicopters whether Electric or Nitro. I was very impressed with the stability of the gyro which does exactly what is say's on the tin. My son has not stopped flying the "Zoomer" since it arrived and has not had any crashes. A brilliant innovation.
I found the controls responsive to commands and not aggresive unlike some of the previous helicopters purchase. It gave me enough confidence that on the first flight I was performing lazy eights around the ceiling lights in the front room.
It is an absolute pleasure to fly and I definately would recommend purchasing one for anyone who has limited flying ability or confined areas.
However for all of you prospective buyers I would not recommend it be used outside due to the nature of it being a small IR helicopter. Technology has certainly progressed since I first took up flying helicopters which, is a few years ago. Well worth every penny, which, at the price from paramountzone is far less than you can pay for it's rivals.
on 23 November 2010
Helicopter arrived promptly.
Initially had a problem (my fault) with product so contacted seller who called my back the SAME DAY. I should have read the instructions first lol.
This mini helicopter flies really well, and is nippy too.
Good control for landing and taking off and having a few competitive games with a mate.
Def a fab stocking filler for xmas.
Def recommend it and surprised it was so cheap to buy considering the technology and durable too. Also very reassured that the seller contacted me the same day. FOR that alone i will try to buy from same seller.
Cheers Paramountzone (James).....
on 12 December 2010
This is my first heli so, at 80 and with poor coordination, I am slow to learn flying in 3-D. However, after three weeks, flying a dozen times a day, still with several smashes most flights, I can confirm that despite crashing into all the furniture, walls and ceilings hundreds of times (I'd say), the model is still flying. The blades are now slightly dented and the rear prop and little fins have been straightened a couple of times. One main blade broke and has been glued and flown, so there is still a full set of spares. This model is tough.

Its stability is uncanny, hovering as if hanging. Are there two gyros? The ingenious balance bar "Gyros" if you hold the model and tilt it. But if you turn it, the motors buzz objection, which suggests an on-chip gyro, too. That would provide for the rapid and precise direction control, and enable the settings of zero rotation or of slow turning in either direction (helpful for learning),.

The model sucks itself into walls and ceilings, however, although it seems self-centring over the bed (better than armchair flying) but not a table. There is enough power for a couple of quick blips to set it back on its feet after a crash - which saves me a lot of bending. They have thought of everything.

This is high technology and the manufacture is superb. It is not a just a snap-fit cheapie toy, this is high-grade engineering - I count 22 screws.

Flashing lights might seem flashy but they help in finding the model behind the sofa. I wish they were just red and green, though, so I can tell if the model is going or coming - especially when (= if ever) I fly in the dark. Another improvement would be a longer boss above the blades so the tips do not hit the ceiling and clatter to the floor. Plug-in batteries would be good, too, two charging while one flies.

Mine does not fly for 7 minutes but that might be because I fly so badly, with many full-power bursts. But I can now fly badly in a smaller cluttered room. That is progress!

And the model arrived next day. I often think these reviews are written for a fee. Not this one! I am so impressed with the product. But if Paramountzone . . . . . (I'd keep it pristine once I learn to fly - honest).
on 27 December 2010
FANTASTIC, BUY ONE YOU WILL LOVE IT....I've crashed loads it has surprised me by how durable they are..
One or two things with it the balance bar pin came out, causing it to rip one of my lower blades, but that is what spares are for, and one side of the LEDS are faulty(sometimes they work sometimes they dont. But got this has got to be the best quality heli i know of...and it looks brilliant.
on 26 December 2010
This has to be the best Christmas present I've had in so many years. I'm writing this review just waiting for it to charge up. Only seems to take 5 minutes to charge and then you have around 5 minutes to fly it.

Soooo addictive. Buy this product right now!!!!!! You will be amazed how easy it is to fly and hiow addictive it is.

Update: I binned it badly on a kitchen stone floor....and trashed it. Got the spares but I ended up killing it completely. My own fault as it's taken serious bashes and come through fine. Just ordered another one as this was such a great product.
on 10 December 2013
Initially the Mini Gyro Zoomer was excellent, being the most stable co-axle helicopter I have flown. However, after about 20 flights it became totally unstable and was impossible to fly. The internal spares I wanted are unavailable, only pack A spare blades and pack B spare rotor head. Anyway, judging by the price of the replacement rotor head, even if available, the cost of any internal units would not be economically viable.

Therefore, my rating of thee stars is subjective and based soley on my personal experience with the Gyro Zoomer. ie. I obtained only 20 flights before having to scrap the helicopter. Only the the most basic of spares are available. Finally, one additional star lost because all adverts state that the Gyro Zoomer as the world's smallest helicopter, at 11cm. Then, how is it that I was recently able to purchase a micro mini helicopter at under 8.5cm long (price £9.91 including postage) and it has been performing well ever since. At that price I don't care too much if spares are available or not. For the Gyro Zoomer I paid over £24 including the postage charge.

Tony Clark
on 23 November 2010
If you're like me and want an indoor R/C helicopter to fly about your front room, this is definitely the one! Its two best qualities are associated with its size and the internal gyro: Being roughly the size of a cigarette packet, you can comfortably fly it around any room in your house and, more importantly, land it on just about anything without tearing up the surroundings. The on-board gyro is a must if you don't want to spend most of your time trying to maintain level flight; as even with the gyro it still takes plenty of skill to make it go where you want it too. The controls are responsive, so I've not had any major incidents, however, I have let it drop out of the sky once or twice and bumped the rotor blades plenty. It seems to be pretty durable, although, I'm glad that it comes with spares. I've given it an excellent rating because it's exactly what I wanted: Reasonable build quality, good looks and a fast charge time (15min in a USB port for approx. 7mins flying time). Highly recommended!
on 14 December 2010
I purchased this model helicopter as a gift for my nephew, thinking of it as a toy really. When the package arrived i was astounded at the quality of this item. A very well engineered model aircraft!!The thing that truly astonished me about it all was how inexpensive the model was.I honestly cannot comprehend how it is possible to manufacture and sell this item at this price!! The model is very easy to fly. More important than that though is that it is amazingly accurate in its control. It doesn't just rise up ,drift around aimlessly and then land. With a small amount of practice,you can precisely land on small platforms and guide the model through confined airspace without crashing it. Very very satisfying. Only minor criticism is that flight duration is only around 7 mins but then it only takes about 10 mins to recharge through a USB (supplied)from your computer. Im kind of ashamed to admit it but my nephew ended up getting The Guinness Book Of Records! I kept the chopper!!!
on 23 December 2010
Since I've opened this gadget I've found it extremely entertaining.

Educational value = The educational value is good as I did not quite know the visual effects a "gyro" would have even though I've read about it, so to experience it and try to play around with the RC copter has been excellent.

Durability = Excellent, it's already survived the cat malling it, falling down a flight of stairs and me (by mistake) crashing it into a wall. I'm much better at it now though. It also contains parts which is a great bonus!

Fun = bags and bags of fun. I may have to get another just so as I'm not waiting for it to charge (as I am waiting right now!).

Normally you would imagine just picking these things up and flying them, however after playing with a friends who didn't have a on-board gyro and now mine, mine is definitely better! If you decide to get one you'll have loads of fun!
11 commentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse