5.0 out of 5 stars Top Banana Helicopter
Remote Control Helicopter - Mini Gyro Zoomer RC Helicopter - Worlds Smallest Gyro Helicopter!Was a hard choice between this and the latest syma mini gyro heli, but liked the fact that this was the smallest gyro helicopter available so decided
Published on 21 Nov. 2010 by cundinamarques

3.0 out of 5 stars Fun but delicate
This really is the ideal copter for indoors. Once you get used to the gyro action its easy to manoeuvre. Best trying small launches and movements first. The fragile parts are typically the blades stabiliser bar. In particular the retaining pins in the bar. If they fly out you probably won't find them. So its important not to catch anything.
Published on 21 Sept. 2012 by Andrew - Stafford

5.0 out of 5 stars Top Banana Helicopter, 21 Nov. 2010
This review is from: Remote Control Helicopter - Mini Gyro Zoomer RC Helicopter - Worlds Smallest Gyro Helicopter! (Toy)
on the gyro zoomer and so glad I did. A friend of mine has the Syma S107 and having now flown both they are pretty close in terms of control (these new gyro helicopters are so much easier to control than ones without a gyro), but the gyro zoomer looks a lot better and also seems more durable as well. I also liked the fact that the gyro zoomer came with spare back and top blades, and if I do need more spares than that I can get them easily online (Just searched the web for "gyro zoomer spares"). I have 3 helicopters in my garage that are useless as they need spares and cannot find where to buy them so I would only buy a helicopter now if I can see I can easily get spares. I notice the brand that this helicopter is made by (Think Gizmos) also do a Gryro Master which is a slightly larger model which I think I will give a try on my next helicopter purchase :) Only improvement I can think of is that would be good to be able to select the 3 different colours so you can decide which one you like best. It seems any 3 of these can be flown at the same time though as you just need to change the band on the controller. Certainly the best mini helicopter I have flown yet. Top Banana.

5.0 out of 5 stars Mini Gyro Zoomer, 1 Nov. 2010
I purchased this helicopter direct from the paramountzone website 2 weeks ago for my son.
I have numerous helicopters ranging in size from the micro to fullblown nitro helicopters. I received the helicopter within 2 days and upon opening the box could not believe just how small it was, but don't worry about it's small appearance this helicopter delivers much more stability and fun than it's competitors.
The helicopter is ideal for anyone wishing to start off on the road to flying the 3D helicopters whether Electric or Nitro. I was very impressed with the stability of the gyro which does exactly what is say's on the tin. My son has not stopped flying the "Zoomer" since it arrived and has not had any crashes. A brilliant innovation.
I found the controls responsive to commands and not aggresive unlike some of the previous helicopters purchase. It gave me enough confidence that on the first flight I was performing lazy eights around the ceiling lights in the front room.
It is an absolute pleasure to fly and I definately would recommend purchasing one for anyone who has limited flying ability or confined areas.
However for all of you prospective buyers I would not recommend it be used outside due to the nature of it being a small IR helicopter. Technology has certainly progressed since I first took up flying helicopters which, is a few years ago. Well worth every penny, which, at the price from paramountzone is far less than you can pay for it's rivals.

5.0 out of 5 stars What a wonderful product!, 12 Dec. 2010
JohnM (Solihull, UK) - See all my reviews
This is my first heli so, at 80 and with poor coordination, I am slow to learn flying in 3-D. However, after three weeks, flying a dozen times a day, still with several smashes most flights, I can confirm that despite crashing into all the furniture, walls and ceilings hundreds of times (I'd say), the model is still flying. The blades are now slightly dented and the rear prop and little fins have been straightened a couple of times. One main blade broke and has been glued and flown, so there is still a full set of spares. This model is tough.

Its stability is uncanny, hovering as if hanging. Are there two gyros? The ingenious balance bar "Gyros" if you hold the model and tilt it. But if you turn it, the motors buzz objection, which suggests an on-chip gyro, too. That would provide for the rapid and precise direction control, and enable the settings of zero rotation or of slow turning in either direction (helpful for learning),.

The model sucks itself into walls and ceilings, however, although it seems self-centring over the bed (better than armchair flying) but not a table. There is enough power for a couple of quick blips to set it back on its feet after a crash - which saves me a lot of bending. They have thought of everything.

This is high technology and the manufacture is superb. It is not a just a snap-fit cheapie toy, this is high-grade engineering - I count 22 screws.

Flashing lights might seem flashy but they help in finding the model behind the sofa. I wish they were just red and green, though, so I can tell if the model is going or coming - especially when (= if ever) I fly in the dark. Another improvement would be a longer boss above the blades so the tips do not hit the ceiling and clatter to the floor. Plug-in batteries would be good, too, two charging while one flies.

Mine does not fly for 7 minutes but that might be because I fly so badly, with many full-power bursts. But I can now fly badly in a smaller cluttered room. That is progress!

And the model arrived next day. I often think these reviews are written for a fee. Not this one! I am so impressed with the product. But if Paramountzone . . . . . (I'd keep it pristine once I learn to fly - honest).

5.0 out of 5 stars FABULOUS, 23 Nov. 2010
Helicopter arrived promptly.
Initially had a problem (my fault) with product so contacted seller who called my back the SAME DAY. I should have read the instructions first lol.
This mini helicopter flies really well, and is nippy too.
Good control for landing and taking off and having a few competitive games with a mate.
Def a fab stocking filler for xmas.
Def recommend it and surprised it was so cheap to buy considering the technology and durable too. Also very reassured that the seller contacted me the same day. FOR that alone i will try to buy from same seller.
Cheers Paramountzone (James).....

5.0 out of 5 stars U TOO, CAN FLY??, 27 Dec. 2010
FANTASTIC, BUY ONE YOU WILL LOVE IT....I've crashed loads it has surprised me by how durable they are..
One or two things with it the balance bar pin came out, causing it to rip one of my lower blades, but that is what spares are for, and one side of the LEDS are faulty(sometimes they work sometimes they dont. But got this has got to be the best quality heli i know of...and it looks brilliant.

5.0 out of 5 stars Best Christmas present - ever!, 26 Dec. 2010
S. Wheeler "cheesecake88" (Oxford) - See all my reviews
This has to be the best Christmas present I've had in so many years. I'm writing this review just waiting for it to charge up. Only seems to take 5 minutes to charge and then you have around 5 minutes to fly it.

Soooo addictive. Buy this product right now!!!!!! You will be amazed how easy it is to fly and hiow addictive it is.

Update: I binned it badly on a kitchen stone floor....and trashed it. Got the spares but I ended up killing it completely. My own fault as it's taken serious bashes and come through fine. Just ordered another one as this was such a great product.

5.0 out of 5 stars How do they do it?, 26 Nov. 2010
K. Jamal (UK) - See all my reviews
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)    (REAL NAME)
Don't know much about gyros or how this thing flies or any of the technical stuff. All I know it that it is steady and so easy to control and this praise comes from someone who is generally rubbish at games requiring agile fingers and thumbs. This is my second helichopper and just over half the size of my previous one which effectively means I have doubled the size of my room. This makes it much easier to fly. I don't know if the charge lasts 5 to 7 minutes. It doesn't seem to...not 7 minutes, so having to recharge it that often is not great. But as this applies to all indoor RC helichoppers, I can't hold it against this little beauty. The body is some kind of light metal which makes it look really nice and flashing lights are attractive. I wish though these lights could be turned off as this would preserve battery a little longer. I have crashed it a several times, usually by taking off too fast and smashing into the ceiling but no damage done. So much fun...on your own or with others. Dream come true for any little kid or big kid.
Love this...especially for its tiny size.

5.0 out of 5 stars gyro copter, 17 Nov. 2010
purchased this product last week and have not been able to put it down quite infectious previously owning a mosquito helicopter which was fantastic this mini gyro zoomer runs rings around it. the handling is super precise and looks great unfortunately the cat doesnt like it but having been swiped a few times this little copter is seriously robust and is still flying with no problems in fact i am so impressed that ive just bought a 2nd so i can double the fun.but be warned if you buy these for your kids for christmas they wont get a lookin would recommend for adults and kids alike

5.0 out of 5 stars CHOCS AWAY, 27 Dec. 2010
We bought two of these for Christmas, one for me and one for our 12 year old son. We thought that they would be great to have something to play with at Christmas and to provide some family entertainment rather than watching the TV !! We had them posted to my parents as we live in France and upon opening the packet and seeing the size and build quality they bought two as well. These are just the right size for indoor flying although the higher your ceilings the better !!

These have been crashed so many times we have lost count but none of the main blades have broken, however the tail rotor can get bent a little which reduces the ability to go backwards or forwards. We have not replaced these yet (there are some spare in the box) just bent them back to the original shape and off we go again. Yes flying time is only about 6 or 7 minutes, twice as long would be great but if they lasted that long we would only wish them to last twice as long as that again but this seems to be current for this type of toy regardless of it's size.

The only problem we have found is we cannot fly the two independantly of each other in one room. One controller will fly both.

Don't hesitate on buying one they are great fun.

3.0 out of 5 stars Fun but delicate, 21 Sept. 2012