Price:£26.99+ Free shipping

on 30 November 2014
I received this kit for my 11th birthday and it was one of the best presents I had ever been given, It took me just about 2-3weeks to complete without any help, and it still works now (I am 15). Ive used it for many school projects and everyone was always hugely impressed and fascinated by it. This is not an 'already half completed' kit, so the instructions were rather confusing at times, which meant I did have a few leftover pieces; where they went In the robot I have no idea, but it seemed to work fine without it! I was also surprised at just how good it was, it spins nearly 360', has a built in light and I even managed to pick up an egg out an egg box and place it in a bowl (Very exciting)!. My only complaint is that I am not able to build the rest of the robot!
on 14 September 2015
This is very good. I bought it for my sons 9th birthday and he was in awe of it as soon as he saw the packaging. We built it together in about 6 hours. The pictorial instructions work very well and are very clear with no doubt at any point as to what it is telling you to put where. I would say you would want a child to be around 12-13 to really be able to do it all themselves, unless they are hugely gifted with a screwdriver. However it was perfect for me and him to do it together.

The finished product worked first time (much to my amazement) and he is having great fun controlling it and moving things from point a to point b. It sounds dull when you write it down but we haven't shown it to a grown up yet who hasn't wanted to move blocks about with it. It just has that element of fun.

All in all for £30 I think this is a bit of a bargain.

If I had to fault it I would say that it doesn't teach you the science of how the robot works but on a basic level my son now understands what gears and motors and circuit boards do, and he didn't really know before. Also the remote controls are a little stiff. Minor gripes though. Top product.
on 30 January 2015
Bought as a christmas ' toy ' for my fully adult son in law. Found this and a bottle of brandy kept him busy, building and testing it in the afternoon it was amusing seeing what he could get it to do. I would of liked it better if it could of washed up.
on 19 January 2015
This was a great toy/activity. My 10 year old son spent the whole day building this arm. He then used it to pick up a pen and write and pick up a sweet and fed himself with it. It was a kit with good clear instructions and he absolutely loved it and felt a great sense of satisfaction in completing it.
on 27 November 2013
I bought this for my grandson when he was very ill in hospital. He did have difficulty in building it although he is good usually at these things and was the correct age for it.
on 10 April 2013
A great kit and everything bar batteries were included.
The instructions were a bit 'open to interpretation'.
Finished kit works quite well but, has a few minor glitches due to quality of the plastic parts.
Still, a good project for a schoolkid in my opinion.
on 3 September 2013
I got this as a surprise and really enjoyed it :-) Also helps you to understand the (very) basic elements of robotics
on 16 February 2015
Bought for my dad - he loves it, possible more for someone slightyl younger but he was sure entertained for a good few hours on Christmas day putting it together :)
on 31 December 2015
There are a number of deficiencies in this model which must be rectified
1 the battery is not easily accessible for changing- rechargeable with a connection for transformer would be much better

2 The small nuts aqd bolts provided to fit the motors to the other parts are inadequate for their task and pull out; particularly on the loew robot arm when loaded; I qould suggest have the nuts replaced by a flat plate with threaded holes

3 The provision of screws and bolts was rather short -better to over provide as easily lost

4 This item should be clearly stated to be not suitable for children under 10 years

An extention for computer control would be useful

I trust these comments are useful for any future design

John Minelly
on 4 November 2015
After unpacking it appears very well presented in it's own box....as described. It's a heck of a long way from the puppet on a string we had when we were kids !! We're sure it will whet and excite the recipient's techno appetite this Christmas !