4.0 out of 5 stars Sit back, listen and relax...
Published on 22 Feb 2011 by Miss Tracey Ann Nicholls

3.0 out of 5 stars words for you the next chapter
Loved the first album, some of the music on this CD could have been quieter, but worth buying for Benedict Cumberbatch reading Ode to a Nightingale alone
Published on 18 Dec 2010 by Suzi

4.0 out of 5 stars Sit back, listen and relax..., 22 Feb 2011
As a great fan of the first edition of "Words For You" I was elated to receive this as a surprise Christmas present. The material is less "popular" than that on the first disc but it was enjoyable to hear something less familiar. The only thing stopping this from being a 5 star review was just a couple of not so enjoyable readings by Terence Stamp, though this is probably just my personal taste. It is worth buying this CD for Benedict Cumberbatch's superb interpretation of Keats' "Ode to a Nightingale", accompanied exquisitely by Mahler's 5th Symphony (4th movement - Adagietto). So buy yourself a copy, sit back, listen, relax and enjoy!

4.0 out of 5 stars Poetry - like you've never heard it before, 25 Feb 2011
I purchased "...The Next Chapter" as a companion for "Words for You" (this, the earlier/first cd) because i had so enjoyed the countless, famous poetic lines read by various well-knowns accompanied by some excellent classical masterpieces. If you also, like myself, own "Words for You 1" (that's 1 as i call it), why not buy "number 2" - it's pleasing to the ears and mind. Just close your eyes, wear some good headphones to block out the world, and relax and dream for an hour or so ...you know you deserve it!!

4.0 out of 5 stars Not quite as good, 20 Feb 2011
Amazonian (West Lothian Scotland UK) - See all my reviews
I enjoyed the first CD 'Words for You' so much I was eager to buy the follow-up 'Words for You - the Next Chapter'. However,I was disappointed because I didn't enjoy it as much as its predecessor and it's dificult to pin point precisely why. It just didn't hit the spot the way the first one had - I can't fault the poems or the performers. I think it was the choice of the accompianing nmusic that for me wasn't as good as that on 'Words for You. An enjoyable CD none the less and one I would recommend to all lovers of poetry.

4.0 out of 5 stars Words for You, The Next Chapter, 15 Jan 2011
I bought the first Words for You and my mother and I love it, so it was inevitable to get the second. We have not been disappointed. It is so calming and relaxing.

5.0 out of 5 stars listening to poetry, 13 May 2011
This CD is spectacular!!! Poetry really needs to be heard out loud. Che, Che Ni=Thank you, Thank you!! More please!
Words for you, the next chapter CD inspired poetry in me as you can see:

My Secret Lover: Poetry
By Jenneveve Hood @April 10 2011
How glorious to hear such incredible words so well bespoken
I have missed poetry....marvelous much!
The tight time line in which I currently reside allows
So little time for sleep or nourishment
And so have I lacked the sustenance which my soul requires
Experiencing poetry in so fair of voice recited
I am revived
I am renewed!
And so must-needs find...no MAKE the time for my secret lover: poetry
Thank you, Benedict, for bringing me back from the abyss...
From where in.... darkness rules and creativity is stifled
Now as I watch the dark of night become the mornings light
At the magic moment of transition betwixt eve and dawn
Betwixt naught and being
My imagination shall now be-keep ......the Peace in my soul
Live well, laugh often and love passionately!

3.0 out of 5 stars words for you the next chapter, 18 Dec 2010

5.0 out of 5 stars Chillout time, 26 Mar 2011
Lovely and relaxing as the first one was whilst enriching the mind to classical music and poetry read by well known voices: Rupert Penry Jones, Dervla Kirwan, Meryl Streep, Maureen Lipman, with the added bonus of contributing to charity.reviewed by Sherrie Lowe, author of Song Of The Phoenix

3.0 out of 5 stars Not Quite As Good, 10 Mar 2011
Mr. Stephen D. Wassell "sdwassell" (Norfolk, England) - See all my reviews
I enjoyed the first album so much that there was inevitably going to be some disappointment when this particular selection did not live up to its predecessor in my mind. There are some gems such as "Jabberwocky", "To A Mouse" and "Ode To A Nightingale" but I thought some of the others either weak or, at least to me, rather obscure. Why no Masefield, Betjeman, Browning, Blake or Brooke I asked myself. On a very personal note I thought the opener by Meryl Streep a poor choice but that may be because her voice simply does not resonate with me, so even were she to be reading my favourite poem I might not enjoy it. I also found the fact that Dervla Kirwan alone introduces her poems, and in the style of a sixth former reading aloud in class, both grating and unnecessary (we can read what's on the CD sleeve). I feel Rupert Penry-Jones deserved something a bit more in line with his talents. However, overall, not a bad try for a follow-up but I hope that, if there is a third, it will be a little more populist.

5.0 out of 5 stars unexpectedly good, 8 Jan 2014
thought I'd find the music distracting but it is not at all and adds to the feel of the poems. Love Cumberbatch reading Keats, Carroll and Coleridge.

5.0 out of 5 stars Beautiful, 26 Jun 2013
A wonderful combination of great poems read by beautiful voices and very fine classical music selections that capture the spirit of the poems. Highly recommended for any poetry lover.

Words For You - The Next Chapter