4.0 out of 5 stars Page-turning paranormal teenage fiction
Easily as good as Kelley Armstrong's Darkest Powers books, this was a page-turning read with likeable characters. I think it's always good when a book that's part of a series leaves you with some questions at the end - I went right on and bought the next one! Looks to be a good, well thought out series - can't recommend enough.
Published on 13 Feb 2011 by chettsgenie

3.0 out of 5 stars I ain't no Hollerback Girl!!
Published on 20 Sep 2012 by Amazon Customer

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

3.0 out of 5 stars I ain't no Hollerback Girl!!, 20 Sep 2012
Amazon Customer (Bolton, Nr Manchester, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Beautiful Demons (Peachville High Demons Book 1) (Kindle Edition)
Oh well, it's only a few hours of my life I'll never get back!! Not an unpleasant experience, this is a paranormal, teen-based story that plays on the demands of the school-yard hierarchy. Where does the 'outsider' new girl fit into the order of things? At the top with the cheer leaders and the jocks? Or at the bottom with the other misfits? Some interesting concepts and possible intrigues for future instalments......but without being able to connect with the characters......!!
An easy read that doesn't demand much from the reader other than time! - No interaction! No connection! No empathy! No emotional commitment! As a result of this I feel no all-consuming compulsion to read more of this series!!

4.0 out of 5 stars Page-turning paranormal teenage fiction, 13 Feb 2011

3.0 out of 5 stars An OK read, 25 Jun 2012
K. Morris "Kirsty" (West Yorkshire, England) - See all my reviews
The story was easy to read but I didn't really feel much connection with the characters and it seemed a bit rushed. OK for a quick throw away read. I'm not going to bother reading the others in the series.

3.0 out of 5 stars H, 22 May 2014
Good read with no issues of slow pace of read. Enough mystery to keep yourself reading . Easily followed. Good

3.0 out of 5 stars Ok, 11 May 2014
I felt like the book could have been more thrilling, enticing or climatic but apart form that the book is actually better than I expected. Good read!!!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Incredible imagination, 4 April 2014
I loved ever bit of it because It had every thing I love in a book: murder, secrets, creatures, suspense, romance and teen drama. And I am only 11 years old so I think older people will love it as much as me ( if that was even possible ).

5.0 out of 5 stars Sheila"s review, 16 Mar 2014
Very good book for younger people or older ones like me will be getting full set asap, read and enjoy

4.0 out of 5 stars best ever!, 25 Dec 2013
This book is really gripping can't wait to read the rest. Defo a holiday read! Loved it so so much.

5.0 out of 5 stars Amaze, 11 Dec 2013
This is the second time I read this book and I will never get tired. I have read the whole series and I can't wait for the next book. I hope there will be more!!!

4.0 out of 5 stars Good book but too short, 5 Nov 2013
Tried and Tested (UK) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)
This is a nice introduction to the Peachville High Demons series. Although we're aware that this is going to be a series with a supernatural/paranormal element to it, as an introductory book this only really touches the surface of what I think we're going to see in future books in this series.

Harper has been passed from pillar to post for years, going between foster homes where nobody wants to keep her due to the strange events that seem to follow her around. Nobody believes her when she says that she didn't cause the accidents to happen, which she didn't - at least not intentionally. Harper is being given a last chance by attending Shadowford, a home for wayward girls in Peachville.

At first everyone seems so perfect, it's a bit like the Stepford wives, but covers the entire town. However, things aren't what they seem and there is a dark and dangerous undercurrent which runs through the novel. It's the undercurrent that really draws you into this novel, you know throughout that there is something else lurking in the background but that you're not privy to what exactly it is. I like the way this is done, keeping you wondering what's happening that you're not being told about.

This was quite a short, quick read, which is the only real downside for me. I don't like the trend for a number of short books over a smaller number of thicker books but, that's just me and I guess I'll just have to cope!

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›