5.0 out of 5 stars It's like being taught photography by your Grandad.. :o)
This is a really good book; well written, well presented, beautiful example photographs, plenty of schooling exercises to complete...if your photgraphy has gone a bit 'flat' or you're struggling to find a subject, it would be worth buying this book for the inspiration alone. One of the 3 star reviews comments on the book as being for beginners; well I am a beginner -...
Published on 10 Nov 2010 by Mousley

1.0 out of 5 stars Kindle edition not fit for purpose
Most of these reviews are of the physical book and are accurate. Here I am reviewing the Kindle edition of the book, which I am reading on an iPad. The product is, quite simply, awful. For a start, it does not contain some of the most important pictures in the book. It seems that each chapter starts with an impressive double page picture, and the start of the chapter...
Published on 31 Jan 2011 by N D Barber

5.0 out of 5 stars excellent purchase, 6 Aug 2012
Bought this as a gift for my mother-in-law who had been given a sony cybershot for her birthday. She is not very confident with her photography but this book was a brilliant purchase which she got in to straight away. She says it is really easy to understand without technical language and it teaches you about the "scary" settings on your camera which might seem a bit too complex but this book sorts that out and the projects at the end are really good too! I would highly recommend as the best photography book for the budding photographer!

4.0 out of 5 stars Photography courses, 4 Aug 2012
A great book that explains photography simply. Pictures are great and the way they are explained are so easy to understand and follow.

5.0 out of 5 stars Gret book for starters!, 16 Jun 2012
Pedro Esteves (Lisbon, Portugal) - See all my reviews
This was one of my first two books, when I wanted to start to learn the basics about photography.
It's quite comprehensive, very intuitive, and full of simple and understandable examples and tutorials. I fully recommend it!

5.0 out of 5 stars very good, 29 May 2012
This book is great for a beginner. have learnt alot from it!! I learn visually so the pictures to go with text helped me out!
reccomend it!

5.0 out of 5 stars collins photography course book, 22 Jan 2012
Could not put this book down.Its very well written even for me to understand,not completed all projects which they tell you to have a go at.It,s great book to buy for anyone,really enjoyed reading this book,thank you to the people who wrote it.

4.0 out of 5 stars A very good book with projects, 20 Jan 2012
J. Green - See all my reviews
This is a very good book. I love the projects and it is good that not every page is a project and most of them build on what you have already done. My one complaint is that some of the project steps are not very clear but you can figure them out.

5.0 out of 5 stars Collins complete photography course, 16 Jan 2012
I bought this for a friend at Christmas,he was delighted with it,having just started a photography course he informed me it is very helpful!

4.0 out of 5 stars Looks good so far, 14 Jan 2012
I bought this as a christmas present. My husband was looking for a book that showed him simply how to do everything with his camera! So far, he is impressed with it. Only time will tell though when he gets round to reading it fully.

5.0 out of 5 stars Clear and concise!, 11 Jan 2012
Smoky (Bucks, England) - See all my reviews
I have just received this book and upon first glance it looks like a gem. I have had a Nikon D5000 for 12 months and am getting to stage where I've mastered the auto settings and want to move on to manual. Unfortunately the instruction manual is rather difficult to get to grips with, especially with 3 little boys running around. This book puts everything in an informative, but easily digestible way. The photos are photos you can relate to in your own experience with clear details about what is right/wrong with them. I can't wait to find the time to sit down with this and my camera and start putting it in to practice and hopefully seeing the rewards.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Book, 3 Jan 2012
I'm very happy with it, the presentation is great, the graphics, and explanations are so good. The delivery was fast, and I got the product in excellent conditions.

Collins Complete Photography Course