5.0 out of 5 stars Gorgeous and Super Warm.
Published on 27 Oct. 2011 by Missems

2.0 out of 5 stars Being returned
The jacket is very nice but whenever I wear it I get covered in feathers so in the process of returning it.
Published on 10 Dec. 2012 by Maureen

5.0 out of 5 stars Gorgeous and Super Warm., 27 Oct. 2011
Missems (North Wales) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Berghaus Women's Akka Long Down Jacket (Apparel)
I have been without a decent coat for the last couple of years and during this time have tried on both this jacket and the North Face Metropolis. Both of these coats were out of my price range and so I did without until now.... The current price on this (£128) is brilliant and I used Amazons AUTUMN20 20% off discount code and so paid even less (although I'm not sure how long this is on for).
When the coat arrived it was super light and a little bit flatter than I thought it would be, but the feathers puffed up in no time at all. It's really lovely and warm, kinda like going out wrapped up in your duvet. I absolutely love it and can look forward to staying snuggly and warm this winter.
I ordered this in a Size 14 as I'm between a 12 and 14 and am quite tall but would say its a little bit big for me still, maybe something to think of if you are a little torn between sizes.
Hope this review was helpful.

5.0 out of 5 stars I love this coat, 22 Nov. 2012
J. Harris (UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Berghaus Women's Akka Long Down Jacket (Apparel)
This a great coat.Very light but so warm & cosy. It also looks good on.Really does keep out the wind & cold. Comes up a bit big so the 10 is fine on me while I am usually a 12.Good price too.

2.0 out of 5 stars Being returned, 10 Dec. 2012

4.0 out of 5 stars Lightweight, 24 Dec. 2011
A very light coat. Not had chance to try it out in really cold weather but feels warm and I could put an extra layer on to help. I do find that the feathers escape so if you are fussy about stuff like that - don't go for it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Ready for the big freeze, 17 Nov. 2011
This coat is fab. really warm and cosy. I feared resembling the Michelin Man but my kids said I looked slim in it.
I am a 12/14 but found the 14 too big, the 12 was a perfect fit

5.0 out of 5 stars Cosy goodness!, 8 Dec. 2011
I love, love this coat!! I was surprised when I got the box as it seemed too light to be a coat so was very surprised at how little volume and weight it takes up. As other people have remarked, it is just like walking around in a quilt. I'm a 10-12 and partly influenced by other reviews and that the size 8 was £120 (even cheaper with discount code :)) whereas the size 10 was £160 (other seller not amazon), I decided to try the size 8. I'm just under 5'4 and the length is exactly what I wanted - just above the knees. I'm really glad that I went for the size 8 as it fits perfectly with my wardrobe as I tend to layer up rather than wear a thick jumper which the size 10 might have been better to accommodate but wouldn't have suited my needs.

I think that the coat is water repellent not water proof - judging by the material I think the coat would be soaked in a heavy shower but fine in a light shower so a brolly would still be needed I think. With long coats, it's great having a double zip so that it can accommodate when sitting down etc. I was worried that I would end up looking like the michelin man but it's actually very flattering so all in all, a great purchase.

5.0 out of 5 stars Best buy ever, 7 Feb. 2011
I've been looking for a coat like this as my son plays football and standing at training and matches is freezing. This coat is light yet it's like having your quilt wrapped around you. It keeps the wind out and has been fabulous. This coat is well worth the money and is highly recommended.

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant coat, 20 Mar. 2012
I wish I had bought this coat at the start of winter! It is really warm and snug. The hood is a great bonus for when the wind whips up. The length keeps your legs warm as well. I am not sure how I managed before I had this and would highly recommend!

4.0 out of 5 stars A warm winter coat, 4 Jan. 2014
As we were going to Norway for Christmas, I needed a very warm coat. This coat was perfect. It's very warm but very light. I am 5'5" and it comes down to my knee. It has adjustable cuffs on the sleeves so that you can fasten them tightly around your gloves to keep the wind out. As other reviewers have said, the sleeves are a little bat-like and the size is very generous - I am size 10 and could have done with a size 8 but the extra room does give lots of room for layering up when it's very cold.

4.0 out of 5 stars Wonderfully warm and good value, 6 Oct. 2014
Thought about this purchase long and hard and looked at all the reviews before buying. Got it for less than £60 and it is very good value compared to similar, more expensive items from other brands. Haven't worn it outside yet as still way too warm! But my first impressions are: Quality is good, lovely shape and fit that is very flattering for a quilted style coat. Super warm and extremely light, with even filling distribution (no clumps or cold spots). Its hem is about 6" above knee level on me (I am 5'10' and size 10-12). I ordered a 10, which feels just right. It has enough room for a thin jumper but not a huge chunky knit sweater, although I doubt you'd need to wear one with this coat in the uk. Great details such as cosy pocket linings, well fitting hood, draught proof cuffs. No idea re feather shedding as only tried on indoors so far not for prolonged use, not seen a single stray one yet! Only problem so far is the zip, which is why it has 4*s not 5.. its fiddly to use, stiff and feels a bit flimsy. As the coat is so warm a 2 way zip would have been better too. Am hoping zip will ease or if it breaks is covered by manufacturers warrantee as I didn't want to return the coat because of stiff zip- overall I love it! And am looking forward to being more cosy this winter!

Berghaus Women's Akka Long Down Jacket