5.0 out of 5 stars Gorgeous and Super Warm.
Published on 27 Oct 2011 by Missems

2.0 out of 5 stars Being returned
The jacket is very nice but whenever I wear it I get covered in feathers so in the process of returning it.
Published 20 months ago by Maureen

5.0 out of 5 stars Gorgeous and Super Warm., 27 Oct 2011
Missems (North Wales) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Berghaus Women's Akka Long Down Jacket (Apparel)
I have been without a decent coat for the last couple of years and during this time have tried on both this jacket and the North Face Metropolis. Both of these coats were out of my price range and so I did without until now.... The current price on this (128) is brilliant and I used Amazons AUTUMN20 20% off discount code and so paid even less (although I'm not sure how long this is on for).
When the coat arrived it was super light and a little bit flatter than I thought it would be, but the feathers puffed up in no time at all. It's really lovely and warm, kinda like going out wrapped up in your duvet. I absolutely love it and can look forward to staying snuggly and warm this winter.
I ordered this in a Size 14 as I'm between a 12 and 14 and am quite tall but would say its a little bit big for me still, maybe something to think of if you are a little torn between sizes.
Hope this review was helpful.

4.0 out of 5 stars Lightweight, 24 Dec 2011
A very light coat. Not had chance to try it out in really cold weather but feels warm and I could put an extra layer on to help. I do find that the feathers escape so if you are fussy about stuff like that - don't go for it.

2.0 out of 5 stars Being returned, 10 Dec 2012

5.0 out of 5 stars Best buy ever, 7 Feb 2011
I've been looking for a coat like this as my son plays football and standing at training and matches is freezing. This coat is light yet it's like having your quilt wrapped around you. It keeps the wind out and has been fabulous. This coat is well worth the money and is highly recommended.

5.0 out of 5 stars I love this coat, 22 Nov 2012
J. Harris (UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Berghaus Women's Akka Long Down Jacket (Apparel)
This a great coat.Very light but so warm & cosy. It also looks good on.Really does keep out the wind & cold. Comes up a bit big so the 10 is fine on me while I am usually a 12.Good price too.

5.0 out of 5 stars Ready for the big freeze, 17 Nov 2011
This coat is fab. really warm and cosy. I feared resembling the Michelin Man but my kids said I looked slim in it.
I am a 12/14 but found the 14 too big, the 12 was a perfect fit

2.0 out of 5 stars keep you warm but...., 11 Oct 2013
This review is from: Berghaus Women's Akka Long Down Jacket (Apparel)
To keep you warm it does but leaves so much furthers on your clothing that it makes you look like a bird. Do not wear dark colours and wear this on top. I am still regretting the purchase of this coat. My first and last Berghaus item.

5.0 out of 5 stars Cosy goodness!, 8 Dec 2011
I love, love this coat!! I was surprised when I got the box as it seemed too light to be a coat so was very surprised at how little volume and weight it takes up. As other people have remarked, it is just like walking around in a quilt. I'm a 10-12 and partly influenced by other reviews and that the size 8 was 120 (even cheaper with discount code :)) whereas the size 10 was 160 (other seller not amazon), I decided to try the size 8. I'm just under 5'4 and the length is exactly what I wanted - just above the knees. I'm really glad that I went for the size 8 as it fits perfectly with my wardrobe as I tend to layer up rather than wear a thick jumper which the size 10 might have been better to accommodate but wouldn't have suited my needs.

I think that the coat is water repellent not water proof - judging by the material I think the coat would be soaked in a heavy shower but fine in a light shower so a brolly would still be needed I think. With long coats, it's great having a double zip so that it can accommodate when sitting down etc. I was worried that I would end up looking like the michelin man but it's actually very flattering so all in all, a great purchase.

4.0 out of 5 stars A warm winter coat, 4 Jan 2014
As we were going to Norway for Christmas, I needed a very warm coat. This coat was perfect. It's very warm but very light. I am 5'5" and it comes down to my knee. It has adjustable cuffs on the sleeves so that you can fasten them tightly around your gloves to keep the wind out. As other reviewers have said, the sleeves are a little bat-like and the size is very generous - I am size 10 and could have done with a size 8 but the extra room does give lots of room for layering up when it's very cold.

5.0 out of 5 stars Winter coat, 16 Dec 2011
Fantastic winter coat.
I originally ordered the 12 which i have sent back and now have a 10 so my advice is go a size smaller than usual.
So happy with the coat and delivery was really quick considering it was out of stock....10/10.....!!

Berghaus Women's Akka Long Down Jacket