on 13 March 2014
A twin pack of two 250g packets will set you back £5.69 in tesco at the moment (not on offer). For £1.90 more I was willing to take the risk that the description was correct - and am pleased to report that what I received was in fact two large packets weighing 500g. A saving of nearly £3 so well worth it.
We have tried every ground coffee going in our Bialetti on-the-hob coffee pot. We like it strong, pungent and like you would get in a good restaurant. We don't want to grit our teeth and force ourselves to drink something yukky. We've tried cheaper brands - probably all of them - in an attempt to get the same thing for less money.

It's no good, there's NOTHING to equal Lavazza, which unfailingly gives you a glorious strong Espresso-type cuppa!
Having just chucked away almost a whole pack of bargain 'Espresso' coffee, purchased in a frugal moment, I felt prompted to tell the world - go with Lavazza !! (the other Lavazza coffee in the blue pack is also excellent.)
on 24 January 2014
Hi

I would like to attempt to clear up some of the confusion regarding this product. Consistent with the other reviewers, I was also unclear as to quantity of coffee that would be shipped, due to the ambiguous nature of the product description. So I emailed Amazon in an attempt to clear things up, this was their response.

"Further to your E-mail, I have received an update from our Fulfilment team regarding the item - Lavazza Qualita Rossa Coffee 500 g (Pack of 2) :

Yes, 2 bags of 500g, for a total of 1kg per order."

I have since received my order and confirm that it is 1kg per order.

I hope this helps.
on 13 November 2013
I realized after I put the order trough that some customers received just 2 packs of 250gr which would be very expensive because you can get a 250 gr pack at the supermarket for £3.50 or less.
I sent an email to Amazon regarding this and I received 2 packs of 500gr each.
I have been drinking Lavazza for a very long time and I would recommend it.I wish that Amazon would sort out the description because it is not very clear,for the price they are charging should be always 2 packs of 500gr but some customers got half that!
on 12 June 2013
One of the best hot drinks ever ever comes from mixing Lavazza Rossa coffee with black tea (All Natural Organic - High Energy Caffeine Instant Black Tea Powder (Over 100 Servings Per Package) - Buy One Get One Free!) because they compliment each other so well. The coffee is rather subtle but the black tea is forceful and bold. Just a hint of black tea powder in with a cup of coffee is absolutely delicious. The tea is all natural and it's an energy boost which is always nice.

The health benefits are great too. With having that natural element, you reap a lot of benefits. You're not relying on extreme levels of caffeine or anything which is great, plus you're keeping your sugar and sodium levels down. Drinking tea also helps lower blood pressure with prolonged use in case anyone didn't know that. Mixing the coffee reduces negative effects such as crashes as well!
11 comment|67 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 20 June 2015
Yes you get 2 x 500g = 1kg in total

Smells great but it's not to my taste unfortunately although I cannot quite work out why

so, I suggest you buy a single 250g packet to see if you like it, if so then go ahead and get this deal because it is great value for money

I didn't follow that advice and now have a kilo to use , thinking of mixing it with another brand to see if I can improve the flavour
on 22 March 2016
I have been drinking Lavazza for years (along with other fresh ground coffees from a merchant) and consider it to be an excellent store cupboard coffee that I would rate as being strong. I use it in our Gaggia expresso machine to make both expresso and long coffees (2 scoops and let the machine run to fill the cup) and have no complaints.

I have also used it in stovetop expresso makers with excellent results - would say it gives it a different flavour to the machine process, probably more authentic and less smooth (like you get in southern Italy).

fyi - it is not really suitable for cafetieres - tried this once when we had no machine (only recommend this method if you are desperate for a coffee!)

I bought this twin pack as it works out cheaper than in the supermarket and does not take up too much room in the cupboard. Once opened, I tip half the packet into our coffee tin and store the rest sealed in the refrigerator for optimum freshness. If you don't drink this kind of coffee often I would opt for their 250g size.
on 8 January 2016
I like this coffee a lot, but I have had to stop using it. - The problem is, it seems to be an inconsistent grind. My Dualit espressivo 15Bar won't always work with it. When I tamp it down, - even lightly, the density of the coffee in the basket is too much and the water barely drips through, building up a huge amount of back-pressure. - I spoke to Dualit suspecting a problem with the machine, and they suggested I changed the coffee to a coarser grind. They were right, I switched to another brand and it worked fine! Then I found I had a half opened packet of Lavazza (not the one used when I had problems) and that worked fine too, so the upshot...some packets seem to be ground more finely than others and this can cause problems for domestic 'pressurised basket' espresso machines.
11 comment|Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
VINE VOICEon 10 June 2015
Great tasting general purpose ground coffee, the first time I have tried the Lavazza brand at home. I must say that the taste and aroma from brewed cup is excellent, the medium roast and slightly bitter taste giving a smooth but intense flavour . The grind is reasonably fine so should give excellent results this in most coffee makers that can take ground coffee.

The value is excellent, what you receive is indeed a total of 1Kg of coffee separated into 2 x 50g packs for convenience, The robust packaging helps seal in the excellent flavour for as long as possible. I would definitely recommend and I shall most certainly buying more of this.
on 16 March 2016
The price is great, the coffee is good (depends on your preferences).
I don't give 5 stars because one package had lost the vacuum when arrived (shown in pictures).
review image review image