on 16 December 2013
I bought this for my Lego-crazy nephew for his birthday. It must have been a big hit with him because he's making movies with his Lego sets all the time these days. He used to be glued to his XBox but he's doing something creative and providing lots of laughs for our family.

I had a go last weekend and the software is pretty intuitive and just right for this age group. It's got all the features like onion-skin, green-screen, importing music mp3s and you-tube upload. Once he'd grasped the basics he figured the rest out without even looking at the instructions and there was no stopping him! The camera is cute and funky....maybe I'll buy an animation pack for myself too!
on 25 April 2011
Back in 1974 I remember being glued to a BBC programme called The Do-It-Yourself Film Animation Show. Well, in those days, such a hobby was frighteningly expensive, elaborate and laborious so all most of us could do was dream we would one day emulate Walt Disney. If only this little bit of kit had been available then!

It really is so easy! I was inspited by visiting the 'Animate It!' exhibition in Bristol's @Bristol museum. This does everything you could do at that exhibition. You can pick it up in minutes and soon you'll think you're the new Nick Park.

Top tip: toy cars and engines of the Thomas and Friends variety are excellent objects to animate - really simple and you can make them do all sorts of things when you're first starting out.

No more twiddling your thumbs on the long winter nights - and kids will absolutely love the results! A truly amazing hobby in a box.
on 20 November 2011
Hi there I biught one of your cameras at the beging of the year for my son it has been great but the softwear only lasted a couple of months when I contacted the softwear suplier they said that we would have gotten a code with the camera which allows us to continue using this softwear but we have been unable to find it they have requested that I contact you to get the order number so that we can do this, I am unsure if this is the best way to do it but thought I would try. Camera is great appart from this hiccup.
on 4 January 2013
After a slightly ponderous sign up procedure, the program has been fantastic. Easy to use, my six year old soon had the principles worked out and was making movies. One warning - the animation files are quite memory hungry so, if you've finished and don't want to make any alterations (which is quite likely with the early films!) export them to Quicktime (or equivalent) and dump the original files. Alternatively save to separate hard drive.
All in all a great buy!
on 20 March 2011
An excellent starting point for kids for stop motion animation.
Easy to use straight from the box with minimal set up.
The kids found it straightforward and mastered it very quickly, producing animated videos in no time.
The software is intuitive and versatile and is a full version. Just use the product key on the CD sleeve to activate it.
on 30 November 2014
Bought for my 7 and 10 year old. It was very easy to set up, we were up and running minutes after opening the box. So easy to operate the children could easily manage it alone. Within half an hour they had made 3 films and were howling with laughter. Can't recommend this enough, we had to drag them away from it. Everyone child should have one of these (maybe every adult too! I'm looking forward to having a play on it myself).
on 21 January 2012
I have a Hue webcam which is brilliant, so decided to get one for a family member for xmas as their laptop webcam is awful.... then I saw the animation suit option.... and Oh My what a great idea!! My 11 year old grandson LOVED IT! It really fired his imagination and inspired the adults to join in!!! Here is a wonderfully inspiring youtube clip of a professional stop-motion-animation... [...]
Enjoy :0)
on 1 August 2014
Wonderful thing to keep the children occupied in the long summer holidays. Lots of fun
Took a while to have it installed on the PC though, as it did not do as described in the leaflet inside the packet. Took me a good 2 hours to get it going and to set it up properly with additional downloads, the programme does require (e.g. QuickTime).
But in the end - all is well
on 9 February 2011
My eleven year old son wanted this camera after being shown something similar at school. It is one of the best things he has ever bought. He took to it straight away and was creating models and making animations straight away. It really is a brilliant item which involves creativity and imagination, together with technology which almost any age could use. Brilliant!
on 3 January 2016
We bought this for our 9 year old, it's very easy to use and both our children have enjoyed making short animations with it. we helped them with the first animation: http://youtu.be/UreQHigCUiQb they were then able to use it well enough to start making short animations by themselves.