Package Quantity: 1|Style Name: Monopoly|Change

on 16 June 2011
This was purchased for my partners birthday. He's a huge Family Guy fan and just wanted to get him something a little different. He's not really one for character clothing etc so thought this would fit the bill.

I took into account the previous review about the picture quality and maybe the game having nothing new for FG fans. It was actually this last thing that persuaded me to give it a go as my partner is one of those really annoying people that can quote scenes word for word so I suspected he would like recognising things in the game. I was right.

The game follows the old version of Monopoly in that you buy houses which you trade in for mansions. I think the rules have changed a bit since I last played as you now get to mortgage your properties if you hit financial difficulties rather than just sell back to the bank. This may have been in the old game but I don't remember it - maybe we just simplified the rules to suit ourselves when we were younger.

You get six little metal figures: Stewie, Brian, Peter, Lois, Chris and Meg. These are cute and of course we all fought over being Stewie.

The Chance and Community Chest cards are now What The Deuce? and Giggity, Giggity, Giggity cards.

The pictures on the board, we actually loved them. The main 'scene' squares, depicting what you are buying are nice and crisp but the previous reviewer is right in that the smaller character circles within those scenes do look like they have been lifted direct from the show. However, my partner didn't comment on this and seemed really happy overall with the game. The actual places you buy are easily recognisable from the show - Quagmires House, Petoria, Spooner Street, Chris's Closet, Daggermouth's Cave etc.

4 stars given on the educational aspect because I believe as with the old Monopoly this will really get the kids thinking and using their heads. What to buy, when to sell. Adding up, subtracting, strategising etc.

The age recommondation on the game is 8+ and honestly, we didn't come across anything that would suggest otherwise. No naughty words or rudeness that we would have to explain to a younger child. So if you are looking for that edge to it that the show has you might be dissapointed. However we have found it a fun new addition to our games shelf which, after playing through ourselves we will happily now play with the kids too.
on 16 September 2013
yes my son loved this product. We like playing as a family together and the small metal silver characters are great! Would recommend to any family guy fan!!!
on 5 January 2016
I bought this product for my son for his birthday as not only is he a fan of Family Guy, he loves Monopoly! I have to say the game is very well produced, well worth the 25 pounds or so that I paid for it. My son and I have had many hours already enjoying this game together, plus family.

So what makes this different to the original Monopoly? The dollars each include an image of a Griffin family member. The 500 is the whole Griffin Family, the 100 Peter Griffin, and so on. Their are six unique pieces for each family member, including Stewie in his chair, and Peter holding his now famous TV silhouette. The properties themselves are based around unique landmarks, starting at Chris's Closet, taking in James Woods High School, bypassing Channel 5 News, trespassing on Quagmire's House and finally the most expensive property on the board, Petoria. You will have fun getting used to the new properties! The railway stations are replaced with various vehicles Peter has used in the hit cartoon series, such as the Peter-Copter. The chance and community chest cards are replaced with 'What The Deuce' (One of Stewie's sayings, and 'Giggity! Giggity! Giggity!' - Quagmire's excited exclaim! Included with this set is also a small bag, which we use to keep all the little pieces in to keep them from getting lost!

Whether you are a fan of normal Monopoly, a collector of Monopoly sets or even a fan Family Guy, this represents good value, a fun theme, and a great game!
on 15 January 2014
Received the game very quickly after purchase and loved the characters players could be a really good buy especially for fans of the show
on 12 January 2016
Brilliant game, I love the game pieces as they are very well made and fit the family guy universe very well. Some of the locations on the board are genius. Great game for the family.
on 27 June 2011
If you like monopoly and Family Guy then this is great. There are good ideas for the properties and I love the monorail stations (the HindenPeter, the PeterCoptor are fantastic). Some of the pictures on the board are blurry, but the pictures of main characters on there are sharp and clear. I was asked to give a rating of the toy's educational value, that's not necessary, it's Family Guy Monopoly and it's great!
on 6 March 2013
love all monopoly games we are collecting them this is one off the best we are fans off family guy
on 23 December 2013
Seems a great variety of the board game and I'm sure it will go down a storm on Christnmas day
on 2 January 2016
Bought for the darling son for Christmas. Arrived perfectly packaged and provided much amusement for him. So much so, we fore went the traditional family fallout and boxing day truce, and just enjoyed the game in blissful harmony (well....it also helped i swindled the free parking money when he wasnt looking but was still good enough anyway)
on 18 June 2011
At a loss for ideas when looking for a 14 year old's birthday present I asked for ideas and other than money this is the only other thing my grandson asked for. He is delighted with it, and although I have very little idea of the characters!, I do know how to play Monopoly - great family game as always.